Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just Stop Oil

Investing in renewables “a bit”

Investing in oil and gas “a lot”
Yeah which goes against ou's idea that oil firms are just going to roll over and go under. It also proves the other poster is wrong that oil companies aren't investing in alternative sources even if it's massively underfunding it. :mad:

But so much for naive armchair eco warriors and I'm the one that's supposed to be stupid. :facepalm:

I see it's only ou that's stated what eco measures he's taken, what have the rest of you done? :hmm:

So this geezer has his collar felt for little more than pushing a few bods out of the way whilst the protesters obstruct a public highway. The OB stand aside and do fuck all until matey gets the hump. I do try and see it from the protesters side and admire them for fighting a cause but they shouldn't be allowed to provoke and obstruct workers many of whom are servicing the city to the degree that they're being physically attacked. What is the OB's position on this? Turn a blind eye to obstruction of a public highway then uphold the law when they're pushed out of the way?

So this geezer has his collar felt for little more than pushing a few bods out of the way whilst the protesters obstruct a public highway. The OB stand aside and do fuck all until matey gets the hump. I do try and see it from the protesters side and admire them for fighting a cause but they shouldn't be allowed to provoke and obstruct workers many of whom are servicing the city to the degree that they're being physically attacked. What is the OB's position on this? Turn a blind eye to obstruction of a public highway then uphold the law when they're pushed out of the way?

PuBLic hIgHWaY - MAgnA CArtA 😡

I see it's only ou that's stated what eco measures he's taken, what have the rest of you done? :hmm:

Several things and more planned, if health and finances permit. Not going to share online, though.

Do hope that you're not saying protesters/demonstrators and marchers can't get involved unless they live saintly and example setting lives etc.

You know, the sort of hecklers who says that if you care so much about asylum seekers, why don't you house them etc.

If you don't like it, the "go live on a tofu farm" kinda vibe...

Yeah which goes against ou's idea that oil firms are just going to roll over and go under. It also proves the other poster is wrong that oil companies aren't investing in alternative sources even if it's massively underfunding it. :mad:

But so much for naive armchair eco warriors and I'm the one that's supposed to be stupid. :facepalm:

My ‘idea’ is totally in your head.
As for armchair, what are you sitting on? What are you doing apart parroting ignorant nonsense?

On the old Kent road today “Driver says he urgently needs to get to the hospital, but the Just Stop Oil protesters refuse to move out of his way. Takes matters into his own hands and drives on the pavement”.

So JSO are allowed to say who can attend a hospital. And people on this forum support it? You people are insane.

On the old Kent road today “Driver says he urgently needs to get to the hospital, but the Just Stop Oil protesters refuse to move out of his way. Takes matters into his own hands and drives on the pavement”.

So JSO are allowed to say who can attend a hospital. And people on this forum support it? You people are insane.
Quoted from where? I'm happy to analyse actual incidents but you've done this twice now, giving examples without links. Support your accusations or don't make them.

Oh and as for the "what are you doing" stuff, that only applies as a judgment if you're making demands of others. Unlike the people who are (critically) supportive of JSO taking action, you are calling for what, JSO to stand down? For them to do things your way? Which implies you should have some sort of authoritative voice on other people's activities. So it helps if you are able to justify your assumed authority with y'know, some sort of action/expertise beyond deepening that sofa dent and complaining on Urban.

Last edited:
I mean you can laugh, but thus far you've seemed completely unable to provide (hemp)crete examples of anything. Until you do your word is absolutely worthless.

And what have you proved?

So why should anyone listen to you?
I'm not demanding JSO follow my preferences. You are. Now do you want to back up your huffing and puffing or keep up this increasingly pathetic attempt at deflection?

It's assault, simple as

Several things and more planned, if health and finances permit. Not going to share online, though.

Do hope that you're not saying protesters/demonstrators and marchers can't get involved unless they live saintly and example setting lives etc.

You know, the sort of hecklers who says that if you care so much about asylum seekers, why don't you house them etc.

If you don't like it, the "go live on a tofu farm" kinda vibe...
Ser their posts on vegan threads for evidence of similar

Who gives a fuck what individual consumer choices are made by somebody whose economic activity literally constitutes a magnitude of 0.000000000001% of the planet’s economic activity? And yes, I have worked that number out and it’s accurate unless your activity exceeds $500,000 per year. Whoopsy-fucking-do to whatever you do within your consumer western lifestyle. It’s making a difference of the square root of fuck all.

The only way climate change is going to be mitigated is through top-down systemic change imposed on society. And the only way that’s going to happen is when the consequences of it not happening are understood to exceed the consequences of doing it. Widespread disruption absolutely plays a part in that.

Who gives a fuck what individual consumer choices are made by somebody whose economic activity literally constitutes a magnitude of 0.000000000001% of the planet’s economic activity? And yes, I have worked that number out and it’s accurate unless your activity exceeds $500,000 per year. Whoopsy-fucking-do to whatever you do within your consumer western lifestyle. It’s making a difference of the square root of fuck all.

The only way climate change is going to be mitigated is through top-down systemic change imposed on society. And the only way that’s going to happen is when the consequences of it not happening are understood to exceed the consequences of doing it. Widespread disruption absolutely plays a part in that.
JSO aren't doing widespread disruption. If they were it might well have more impact. Blocking the odd throughfare and chucking some orange powder overyourself while jumping on a snooker table isn't widespread. It certainly doesn't challenge power

JSO aren't doing widespread disruption. If they were it might well have more impact. Blocking the odd throughfare and chucking some orange powder overyourself while jumping on a snooker table isn't widespread. It certainly doesn't challenge power
Seems pretty effective to me. Lots of sound and fury about it. And look how angry people like you are getting. That anger is exactly what they want.

You really misunderstand the nature of disruptive action if you think it’s about doing something and then directly getting what you want in response. You really misunderstand the nature of disruptive action if you think it’s about persuading unbelievers that you are correct. You really misunderstand the nature of disruptive action if you think it’s about quick wins or individuals.

You really misunderstand the nature of disruptive action.

Back
Top Bottom