Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just Stop Oil

It's not uncommon for juries to react negatively to being told what to do by a (dare I say activist) judge – everyone from DSEI protesters to Bristol rioters have been saved by the recalcitrant people's will.

Which makes judges bossing juries around like that even more mind-boggling; unless the beak was being a bit clever and engaging in a bit of reverse psychology.

Would have liked the Just Stop Oil people to concentrate on stuff like this - rather than pissing ordinary people off which is counterproductive.

Would have liked the Just Stop Oil people to concentrate on stuff like this - rather than pissing ordinary people off which is counterproductive.
they did go after Gove today tbf, though its a bit "visual" a stunt

I can see your point, but tbf comparing Just Stop Oil with a century-old trade union confederation with a bit over 700,000 members isn't quite comparing like with like.

Perhaps, but hardly comparing them, rather suggesting that would have been a better approach for the protestors - take on the fuckers at the top who actually do the damage.

Perhaps, but hardly comparing them, rather suggesting that would have been a better approach for the protestors - take on the fuckers at the top who actually do the damage.
They did seem unfortunately to target the wrong people. I know it was well intentioned but it was not very effective. Punching up is generally supported. Tapping those on the heads below, not so much

How to turn whole segments of the population against you - many of the ones you really want to convince.

How to turn whole segments of the population against you - many of the ones you really want to convince.
Yeh I was entirely unaffected but I can see those who were just saw a nuisance. Which is not what you want really.

They had a legitimate cause and reasoning. Headlines will be against it but Public support is not gained by pissing off the public.

hmm why the snooker :hmm:

this is one of the will be a stick that they will get beaten with for being daft

don't really give a shite about snooker mind as ronny was not playing but odd choice :hmm: m:

They don't really do themselves any favours do they? I mean, I'm no snooker fan but this just makes them look absolutely insane. Why?

3500.jpg

also why at such an early stage of the tournment if they wanted attention

as state wait till ronnies on the table then you get all the papers

:hmm:

Ah, I've just noticed the sponsors ads on the side there. A used car website. It's a leap but is that the connection?

Reactions: Ax^
I would be astonished if they don't plan to disrupt the London Marathon on Sunday. There is a certain Quaker puritan streak that I find distasteful.

i'm not saying they don't have a point but disrupting an early game of a snooker championship is just going to get them labasted not raise their cause in the public conscience

more make them look silly :/

I would be astonished if they don't plan to disrupt the London Marathon on Sunday. There is a certain Quaker puritan streak that I find distasteful.

tbf, that would be a better target. people actually watch it on tv (for some weird reason). and the smug fucks running for charities they've never even heard of quite probably work for big corporations.

what next? crufts?

Back
Top Bottom