Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

I know Ash Sarkar gets stick , some may be warranted , and she doles it out too.

How so? Who on the Left gives her stick? I think she is pretty solid politically and I am surprised anyone on the Left would have a go at her. All the Novara crew are good. I enjoy their writings and media appearances. Like Owen Jones, they are an important Left voice.

How so? Who on the Left gives her stick? I think she is pretty solid politically and I am surprised anyone on the Left would have a go at her. All the Novara crew are good. I enjoy their writings and media appearances. Like Owen Jones, they are an important Left voice.
The 'Left' doesn't speak with one voice tbf, I like her , sometimes see her cycling (badly) on Hackney Marshes. She gets most of the abuse from ex NME journos & other right-wingers.

Within reason. No-one would ever subscribe to a religion where key figures were claimed to have lived for hundreds of years, would they?
21 When Enoch had lived sixty-five years, he became the father of Methuselah.22 Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters.23 Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty-five years.24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him.25 When Methuselah had lived one hundred eighty-seven years, he became the father of Lamech.26 Methuselah lived after the birth of Lamech seven hundred eighty-two years, and had other sons and daughters.27 Thus all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty-nine years; and he died.
Genesis 5:21–27

Tbf it's no more silly than resurrection or talking to angels.

as she's a self-confessed philosemite i doubt she's an islamist
She literally said this
As well as directing her Facebook followers to “wade in on Twitter” against “the Islamists” and “nonces”, she wrote a crude poem about Sarkar that featured a description of “a gender fluid threesome with Marine Le Pen”. She also “liked” posts saying that Sarkar should kill herself and suggesting that she was a victim of female genital mutilation.
Do you know better than her herself?

What’s an philosemite?

as she's a self-confessed philosemite i doubt she's an islamist
Wasn't she at Lewisham in 1977 with Tony Parsons? Something they have both been dining out on for 40+ years. For the past 30 years she's essentially been trolling the Left. She's got unstuck this time though.

She literally said this
Do you know better than her herself?

What’s an philosemite?
your quote suggests jb against rather than for islamists. the 'As well as directing her Facebook followers to “wade in on Twitter” against “the Islamists”' sits ill with your 'jb's an islamist' claim. don't you think?

and a philosemite is someone who loves jews.

Back
Top Bottom