Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

Pretty vile stuff in there, but it's also worrying that it's apparently not acceptable to call Mohammad a paedophile. A woman was convicted of blasphemy in Austria in 2011 for doing that, and her appeal to the European court failed. The reasoning was that the conviction 'served the legitimate aim of preserving religious peace'. Special pleading for religion.

Calling Muhammad paedophile ‘not protected by free speech’

He was though, by today's standards.

She is such a prize bellend.

Sounds like The Snarka has had a rough time, or at lea

Id guess a fair old sum was paid out. Sadly this means Burchill will have to write more not less drivel.

Richard II married a 6 year old.

Stephen I married a 14 year old.

John I married a 13 year old.

Henry III also married a 13 year old.

The same family has repeatedly married 15 year olds and continues to plagued by allegations to this day.

Perhaps the flagshaggers should focus on the Royal family?

The same family has repeatedly married 15 year olds and continues to plagued by allegations to this day.

There is a difference. Their actions aren't used to justify child marriage today. Muhammad's actions are. This stuff is disputed within Islam, but it's still very much a live issue among those that seek to make law guided by the Quran.

Some Muslims who follow the conservative interpretation of the Quran argue that Islam permits child marriages upon reaching maturity, which conservative’s scholars define as puberty.52 This year, the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) the body responsible for giving legal advice on Islam to the Pakistani government, passed a ruling that “Pakistani laws prohibiting marriage of underage children are un-Islamic, and that according to Islam, there is no minimum age of marriage".53 In Yemen, the parliament passed legislation raising the minimum age of marriage to 17.54 But conservative parliamentarians argued the bill violated Sharia, or Islamic law, which does not stipulate a minimum age of marriage and the bill failed to become law.55 Many scholars have addressed this issue, Dr. Salih bin Fawzan who is an Islamic scholar and a member of the highest religious committees in Saudi Arabia issued a fatwa asserting, “there is no minimum age for marriage, and that girls can be married “even if 56 they are in the cradle.” Many have questioned this fatwa arguing that by consummating his marriage with Aisha when she was nine instead of when she was six, the prophet Muhammad (SAW) effectively sets a limit.5

https://scholarship.shu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1779&context=student_scholarship

Maybe, just maybe, both Islam and Monarchy are absurd ideas and those people who are the figureheads of them both are or were ordinary human beings, with all too many failings and too much power.

Seriously, what is this Mohamed was a paedo shit anyway. Obviously by the standards of our time he probs was, seeing we dont live in the desert in 650AD. Does that mean every muslim (or person of muslim background, rather) in the world should be harrassed online about it?

I mean Birchill is obviously a knob but im still slightly shocked by the extent of her shitty unpleasant behaviour.

Seriously, what is this Mohamed was a paedo shit anyway. Obviously by the standards of our time he probs was, seeing we dont live in the desert in 650AD. Does that mean every muslim (or person of muslim background, rather) in the world should be harrassed online about it?

I mean Birchill is obviously a knob but im still slightly shocked by the extent of her shitty unpleasant behaviour.
The trouble is that many Muslims, not all, maintain that Mohammed was as near to perfect as a human can be, and is to be emulated. Most would also maintain that Mo was in contact with Allāh, via angels obvs, who dictated the Koran, which is therefore the word of God, true for all time etc etc. This bollocks way of thinking is behind the likes of Isis. That doesn't mean that we should insult Muslims in the way that Burchill does. She gets paid to be outrageous and rude and should deffo not be emulated. Neither should Mo.

Enough to purchase a swanky Revolutionary Headquarters in North London for our Novara Comrades let's hope.

What does ‘getting cancelled’ mean? I always thought it was a vague term that kinda meant ignored. But it’s an actual thing? Does it mean banned from Twitter? What is ‘cancel culture’?

Reactions: tim
What does ‘getting cancelled’ mean? I always thought it was a vague term that kinda meant ignored. But it’s an actual thing? Does it mean banned from Twitter? What is ‘cancel culture’?

It's a made up "moral panic" from the same playbook as "PC gone mad".

In this case it means that Julie Burchill (her getting a book published and keeping her newspaper gig etc.) is losing her right to free speech because she got caught out being a racist and misogynist.

It means getting deleted from the electoral role after daring to go against brave woke warriors of Wokingham

Maybe, just maybe, both Islam and Monarchy are absurd ideas and those people who are the figureheads of them both are or were ordinary human beings, with all too many failings and too much power.
And how old was the Blessed Virgin Mary when she got knocked up, without her consent by the Holy Ghost?

Afaict, it can mean:
  • Not being as popular as you once were because people think you're a nob. (Morrissey)
  • Being roughly as popular as you always were, but people think you're a nob. (JK Rowling)
  • Resigning because people think you're a nob. (Piers Morgan)
  • Declaring bankruptcy because people think you're a nob and you're worried that might include judges. (Tommy Robinson)
  • Being far more famous than you deserve to be because people think you're a nob and can't stop saying so. (Laurence Fox)
This is a non-exhaustive list, but hopefully you can see the theme that's emerging.

Christmas was cancelled by the woke warriors etc

Not this, or this is only a small part of it.

It’s also a huge thing in YouTube world.

People with huge followings, and consequently huge income, being shunned by their audiences because they’ve been found to be racist, sexist etc, people unsubscribing, not watching their videos so that their income drops off a cliff, their reputation is in shreds and they can’t find a way back to public life, so they’re completely shut out.

Kinda like what happened to to Michael Barrymore

Back
Top Bottom