Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton quotes George Orwell

are you sure no other player has applied orwell to the field of football before? i think we can expect a flood of people posting up other examples.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a seagull following a trawler, and a sardine being thrown into a human face — forever."

To be fair I can see quite a big Orwellian influence on Barton's career - certainly the line about a boot stamping on someone's face rings a bell.

what's his description of fatfrank?

i do enjoy all this extra-curricular stuff, been enjoying tevez and balotelli's off the field contributions as well. football went far too serious, i blame this 'footballers as rolemodels' nonesense. they should be trying to encourage ice-hockey type brawls imo.

Joey Barton said:
Frank Lampard’s on the way down and Steven Gerrard’s been injured a lot.

On Gareth Barry

“Did you see the game against Germany at the World Cup? If you watch the fourth goal, when Ozil was up against Barry, it was like the hare and the tortoise. Barry’s got a very good agent. He’s also discreet and always agrees with the manager. He’s like the guy who sits in the front row and listens to the teacher. I certainly don’t lose any sleep when I play against him.”

From the guardian - hope a video of his reaction is winging its way to YouTube, or like wiring it's way or whatever....

Mario Balotelli has found himself at the centre of another storm after he returned from Manchester City's tour of America to discover that a dressing-room wag had planted a bag of kippers in his £150,000 Maserati before his departure. "The smell was revolting," a source tells the Sun. "There were flies in the car and the leather seats in the back had rotting fish all over them." It's jolly japes such as this that have attracted Samir Nasri, with City even as we speak readying a £22m offer for Arsenal's discontented dribbler. Though the Sneijder-shaming wages may have helped.

He's quoted the Dalai Lama too, I follow him on twitter.

He follows fifty people on twitter. One of which is something like 'philosophy quote of the day'. I doubt he's read Orwell or much buddhist philosophy tbh.

He's a cock. He stubbed a cigar out in a young lad's eye and then laughed. End of.!

oh dear. just tweeted..

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
@
@piersmorgan I'd love to come mate but unfortunately can't get a work visa? Maybe next time.......

what a party that'd be. why can't u get a work visa joey? it's not even anything to do with the cigar/trainee thing. cock.

I think his acting like a dick was largely down to him just not handling the booze so good. Due to that he gave it up and by the looks of it he's sorted his life out. Fairplay.

I think his acting like a dick was largely down to him just not handling the booze so good. Due to that he gave it up and by the looks of it he's sorted his life out. Fairplay.

Not sure all of his previous failings can be blamed on booze, considering how many of them came on the pitch (where presumably he was sober). Beating the shit out of his own team mate in training (20 blows to the head while he was already unconscious), wilfully trying to break Xavi Alonso's leg in a televised game, decking Pedersen again in a prem game.. etc etc..

Retweeting automated 'thoughts of the day' doesnt exactly equal sorting your life out

he is quoting geroge washington now.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

His manager was on the radio this morning portraying him as Nietzsche. Can't believe the media are so easily led :D

read somewhere today that Arsenal are interested - he's a good player and they need some 'bite' in the midfield

i understand the stories about him going to spurs are a bogus media narrative designed to net there true target of some 17 year old serbian you have never heard of.

dave

He's not, he thinks he should be playing in the champions league. Him and allardyce would get on great.

nah i only remember him trying to cripple Alonso. Minimum for a defensive mid/centre back at stoke is three.

dave

"Went to the World Cup,played shit,here's my book" after the 2006 WC finals when some of the players bought out their WC diaries :D

"not good enough to go to the world cup, beat up teenage kid with my mates outside maccas instead, went to jail, here's my much sought after opinion"

tis all true.

he's not even that good. i think he was condemning lampard and gerrard with the comments posted above about their books. he's not fit to lace either's boots and if he's kafka as he appears to be making out, he'll be aware of that :D

Back
Top Bottom