Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton Talks With Hilarious French Accent After Debut For Marseille

Having a personal tutor provided as part of his contract is just another 'footballer can't wipe his own arse' moment. It's pretty much expected that someone moving to foreign climes would learn the language, but some people need their ickle hands holding.

But, somehow, Joey has managed to turn it into further evidence of renaissance man.

He certainly likes to quote philosophers and make sure he has interviews in art galleries.

One might almost think he's trying to make a point or create an impression.

Or even that he might like art and philosphy?

If he was a tennis player no-one would bat an eyelid but because of his job and most importantly his class there is 'suspicion' about his motives and desire to learn and think.

I don't know anything about his behaviour on the pitch or his prowess as a footballer, but he is the only soccer player i follow on twitter and he is rather endearing. voracious is an excellent word to describe his mind. he's funny n all.

If he was a tennis player no-one would bat an eyelid but because of his job and most importantly his class there is 'suspicion' about his motives and desire to learn and think.
didn't graeme le saux get stick cos he read?

Other footballers - shock, horror - like art and philosophy. They just don't prattle on about it.

he winds piers morgan up hilariously and regularly. that in itself should be enough to quite like the man.

Why is liking art and philosophy pretentious? Or is it that you think it's not 'for the likes of him'?

Or could it be he's not the only footballer with an appreciation of the arts but he's the only one who rattles on relentlessly about it.

It would be nice if we could talk about a good performance he put in on a football field, but I can't honestly say that's ever happened. You know, that being his day job and all. He's a fucking media whore, and a pretentious one at that. Would his witterings on 'philosophy' be of interest is he wasn't a footballer?

I remember Man City coming back from 3-0 down with 10 men to beat spuds 4-3. Joey's contribution to this? He was the one sent off. Other notable contributions? Getting sent off for QPR - and in some style - against Man City when they recovered form being a goal down to win the league. Other than that, a few arrests and burning the eye of a youth team colleague. I'm struggling for anything more.

But that's alright, because 'he likes art'. Excellent, I look forward to his next pontification upon the subject.

On the topic of artist footballers, Steven Bywater (if you can refer to him as a footballer) created this 'work' as revenge on his neighbour in a dispute over some land.

article-1314251-0B4D3A13000005DC-81_634x420.jpg

:D

Obviously a man who knows his Emin.

Or could it be he's not the only footballer with an appreciation of the arts but he's the only one who rattles on relentlessly about it.

It would be nice if we could talk about a good performance he put in on a football field, but I can't honestly say that's ever happened. You know, that being his day job and all. He's a fucking media whore, and a pretentious one at that. Would his witterings on 'philosophy' be of interest is he wasn't a footballer?

I remember Man City coming back from 3-0 down with 10 men to beat spuds 4-3. Joey's contribution to this? He was the one sent off. Other notable contributions? Getting sent off for QPR - and in some style - against Man City when they recovered form being a goal down to win the league. Other than that, a few arrests and burning the eye of a youth team colleague. I'm struggling for anything more.

But that's alright, because 'he likes art'. Excellent, I look forward to his next pontification upon the subject.
what do you mean by pretentious? he strikes me as someone who has discovered something he is interested in and want to share it with everyone. that is endearing.

He could do himself a big favour by categorically apologising for all his behaviour pre his 'epiphany'. ie, beating the shit out of an already unconscious team mate and stubbing a cigar out in a youth team player's eye. so far he hasn't done so.

You really haven't got a clue have you?
What has his footballing ability got to do with this?
Media whore? Like this you mean? http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/joey-barton-hillsborough-disaster-petition
Why don't you just admit the notion of a footballer from Huyton liking art and books and talking about it offends your sensibilites about what art is and who it should be enjoyed by?

Having a personal tutor provided as part of his contract is just another 'footballer can't wipe his own arse' moment. It's pretty much expected that someone moving to foreign climes would learn the language, but some people need their ickle hands holding.

But, somehow, Joey has managed to turn it into further evidence of renaissance man.
Professional man headhunted by overseas company requires that they provide language tuition, something they'll be well used to doing and will know the best local tutors given they often employ other overseas professionals.

Yeah, worratwat

You really haven't got a clue have you?
What has his footballing ability got to do with this?
Media whore? Like this you mean? http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/joey-barton-hillsborough-disaster-petition
Why don't you just admit the notion of a footballer from Huyton liking art and books and talking about it offends your sensibilites about what art is and who it should be enjoyed by?

:D

Rubbish.

The only person who seems bothered by where he comes from is you. I couldn't care less if he came from Huyton or Highgate.

Other notable contributions? Getting sent off for QPR - and in some style - against Man City when they recovered form being a goal down to win the league.

Or in other words... reacting badly to being hit by a big fuckin wanker whose ox-like physical stature somehow did not stop him dropping like a bag of shit... likewise for the other big fanny who collapsed when Barton gave him a half-aresd knee up his hole.

The only thing Barton has to be embarrassed about is a) being suckered by Tevez and b) not chinning the cunt... or his mate.

I think the basic problem here is that many people, once they have decided someone is a 'thug', would much prefer if he was thick as well... I think they find it harder to feel superior when people don't just accept their assigned two-dimensional status.

Yeah. Broadsheets too. Fuckin queer, eh?
Are the two connected?

It's become clear since GLS has got commentary work that he is genuinely thick, and that his consistent and repeated genuinely violent petulant outbursts are just water under the bridge. People like him move on. Other people have troubles.

I think the basic problem here is that many people, once they have decided someone is a 'thug', would much prefer if he was thick as well... I think they find it harder to feel superior when people don't just accept their assigned two-dimensional status.
Or vice versa and oh i've got a job with the BBC eh Liam?

Are you speaking in tongues again?:hmm:

Can you translate any or all of your posts above into english?

I know fuck all about GLS - certainly wasn't aware he was prone to violent outbursts - and I don't watch any english telly.

I think the point being made was that assumptions were made and insults thrown at him - on the basis that he read a broadsheet paper. Anyways this thread is about the famous Mr Barton of Huyton rather than some soft, southern pseud.

You've misread it. It's advising him to come out so that his past misdemeanours are forgiven and football gets its required "gay hero". It's not saying that he's gay.

Still an extremely odd article though.

Back
Top Bottom