Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann cover themselves in glory in Twitter spat

He should be in prison for that shit - the correct use of prison to dangerous people away from the rest of society - and it's only because he's a rich footballer that he isn't.

Stubbing a cigarette out in someone's eye? Leaving someone unconscious with a suspected detached retina? Punching someone twenty times? Breaking a teenager's teeth? Headbutting someone? For all that he got just one prison sentence? Sounds a bit fucking lenient to me. Sounds like he turned up to court in a nice suit pretending contriteness and a rich lawyer pleading momentary madness and the judge believes him.

You think that sort of repeated GBH doesn't normally get a prison sentence?

Bizarre.

We could do this all evening :) .

You think that sort of repeated GBH doesn't normally get a prison sentence?

Please show me where Barton has ever been charged with GBH, much less repeated GBH.

Sounds like he turned up to court in a nice suit pretending contriteness and a rich lawyer pleading momentary madness and the judge believes him.

Yes. That's right. Don't let awkward details, like facts, bother you. Feel free to indulge yourself.

But do answer me this one. The silly young man who unwisely thought it would be a hoot to set fire to his workmate Barton's shirt (while he was wearing it) on a night out. What, exactly, could he reasonably have expected Barton's response to be? based on Barton's reputation like?

Incidentally, here is your wife-beating 'victim'.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/newc...gar-in-my-eye-turned-me-into-wife-beater.html

Anyway, which of us would be happy to have our worst moments lived out in the full glare of the media?

And his list of offences whilst seemingly damning are mostly Mickey Mouse stuff. They are also from years ago.

Do people you don't like have to serve an extra Two Shed sentence on their release?

delivering 20 digs to the face is mickey mouse now? unless they were weak wristed slaps, 20 punches from a professional sportsman is going to sting a bit and be more than mickey mouse. If he's done his punishment on it then he's done his punishment but a battering like that is not Mickey Mouse

Please show me where Barton has ever been charged with GBH, much less repeated GBH.

Well yes, exactly. Stubbing a cigarette out in someone's eye, punching someone twenty times, breaking someone's teeth. Sound fairly grievous to me: "wounding with intent" as I understand it.

But do answer me this one. The silly young man who unwisely thought it would be a hoot to set fire to his workmate Barton's shirt (while he was wearing it) on a night out. What, exactly, could he reasonably have expected Barton's response to be? based on Barton's reputation like?

Oooooooo say if Barton were a complete psycho who should really still be in prison, the silly young man could probably have expected having a cigarette stubbed out in his eye.

delivering 20 digs to the face is mickey mouse now? unless they were weak wristed slaps, 20 punches from a professional sportsman is going to sting a bit and be more than mickey mouse. If he's done his punishment on it then he's done his punishment but a battering like that is not Mickey Mouse

He was in a fight Dotty. When people are in fights they throw punches. The more the better. And for 20 punches he didn't do much damage did he?Otherwise he would have faced much more serious charges than Common Assault.

My recollection of that incident (and I admit it is hazy) is that Barton and his family were subjected to much provocation before the fight - and that the other parties were not exactly backwards at coming forwards at either the verbal or the physical stuff.

And yes, drunken shenanigans - after much provocation - in a takeaway after a night out is pretty much Mickey Mouse and, sadly, par for the course for many young men from rough areas. It is no more and no less than most of his contemporaries would have been involved in - in fact I am sure this 'violent psycho' would be regarded as a bit of a Social Worker type where he comes from... where there are more than enough genuinely and dangerously violent young men.

Sound fairly grievous to me: "wounding with intent" as I understand it.

and yet he was charged with 'common assault (Mickey Mouse) and affray (any altercation involving a group of people'.

Oooooooo say if Barton were a complete psycho who should really still be in prison, the silly young man could probably have expected having a cigarette stubbed out in his eye.

didn't even get jail for that. Perhaps the Magistrate was in possession of the facts, you know the circumstances, the provocation and the 'severity' of the actual level of injury, rather than how you choose to imagine it.

Barton was also attacked in the street last summer by two drunken young men. The police asked him did he want to press Assault charges. Fair play to him, he declined.

Which again is consistent with the behaviour of young men from his area.

He was in a fight Dotty. When people are in fights they throw punches. The more the better. And for 20 punches he didn't do much damage did he?Otherwise he would have faced much more serious charges than Common Assault.

My recollection of that incident (and I admit it is hazy) is that Barton and his family were subjected to much provocation before the fight - and that the other parties were not exactly backwards at coming forwards at either the verbal or the physical stuff.

And yes, drunken shenanigans - after much provocation - in a takeaway after a night out is pretty much Mickey Mouse and, sadly, par for the course for many young men from rough areas. It is no more and no less than most of his contemporaries would have been involved in - in fact I am sure this 'violent psycho' would be regarded as a bit of a Social Worker type where he comes from... where there are more than enough genuinely and dangerously violent young men.

i've lived and do will live (moving to good old Corby next week) in such areas all my life unless i win the lottery. provocations aside a ruckus like that would not be written off as mere mickey mouse. The protagonists would be talking of it for a week. And the magistrates (have a go tories) don't treat it that way either

Shame he did not think to use the 'Stephen Gerard defence' (which made use of the fact that a pre-emptive strike can be perfectly legal... and in many cases advisable).

As long as you honestly believe he is a danger to you and yours it does not matter how many times you hit him... particularly as long as he is still standing up.

Joey in a more thinking moment...

joeybartontweets.jpeg

QPR midfielder Joey Barton says players must lead change in attitude towards homosexuality in football

Joey Barton has offered support to homosexual footballers and blamed the attitudes of managers and players for the lack of openly gay footballers in Britain.

As long as you honestly believe he is a danger to you and yours it does not matter how many times you hit him... particularly as long as he is still standing up.

Also known as the Boat Happy defence.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thug-on-and-off-the-pitch-newcastle-star-joey-309042

Drunken soccer thug Joey Barton punched a man in the face 20 times as he lay helpless on the ground [my bold] during a vicious assault.

The Newcastle United star laid into the victim after downing 10 pints and five bottles of lager on a night out with his brother Andrew and cousin Nadine Wilson last Christmas.
In a separate attack, Barton - already on bail for other charges - punched Jordan Spencer, 16, so hard in the mouth he needed dental treatment.
The 25-year-old was yesterday jailed for six months by a judge who branded him a "disgraceful coward".

Now you're just fucking making stuff up. 10 pints and 5 bottles of lager. "A danger to you and yours" as he's lying helpless on the ground having his face punched.There was CCTV of it apparently.

So he's got a free card to be a cunt about benefits claimants because he's antiracist?

Not at all. Nor have I suggested he should.

I am just posting those for a little bit of balance and to show his track record of public pronouncement is not all reactionary.

I did not see you objecting to anything that portrayed him in a bad light being posted/quoted. Funny that.

found it.

Not his finest hour. But I see no '20 punches'.

He punches him four times... including three slappy ones when he is on the deck... and attempts one or two more that don't connect. He does not sink the boot in as many would have done.

I also note that it is the 'victim' and his mate who close the distance... who is doing the dance... who is visibly gobbing off at the larger group... with his chin in the air... and who initiates physical contact.

Not the wisest of choices and a harsh lesson, but who knows it may have saved him from a proper kicking from a really violent man in later life.

Barton throws far more punches at yer man's mate afterwards... who... having stood like a fuckin lemon while his mate gets battered... and who instead of tending to his mate... incredibly... again closes the gap to a large group of angry, drunk (and by this stage violent) group of people... to mouth off.

Frankly it could have been a lot worse.

Were these two people out-of-town students by any chance?

found it.

Not his finest hour. But I see no '20 punches'. he pushes him once and punches him four times.

I also note that it is the 'victim' and his mate who close the distance... and who is visibly gobbing off at the larger group. Not the wisest of choices.

I counted 16 if it's all him and I presume it was because 20 is what he was charged with. That first 'push' looked like a punch to me - the guy fell back and hit his back on what looks like a large slab of concrete.

As you say, we have to go by what the judge said and he said he was a 'disgraceful coward' which looks about right.

Sorry. I edited while you were writing. And you are right about the first blow. It was a straight right and the best one he threw.

I suggest you are mistaken about banging his head though. He clearly hits his shoulders off what looks like a bench. Much have hurt though.

I also watched the start again. A clearly angry Barton is being seperated/held back by his mates. These two silly cunts are not content with that and insist on provoking him further. They paid the price.

That does not mean Barton was right to react as he did. But it does mean that they should have a bit more cop on.

As for your last bit... Yep. I always agree with prosecutors, judges and journos. They are much more reliable than my own eyes.:facepalm:

I'll stand by my (extended) comments above.

What about you Dotty. Still reckon it was a major ruckus or just some daft Saturday night after the Club affair?

Little more than handbags IMO.

Back
Top Bottom