Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann cover themselves in glory in Twitter spat

He's like basil fawlty with balls. A real psycho. We all know he can't control it...enough winding up and he'll really do himself some damage.

exactly.

"I dunno Guv... all I was doing was poking this angry little dog with a stick... imagine my surprise when he bit me".

I'm sure it does inside your head... which would probably make inside young Joseph's seem Bhudda-like.
Disagreeing with you and using words like cunt does not make me an angry or violent person.

I have not been overly forceful, nor would I resort to violence should we be having this discussion in person, despite your insinuations to the contrary.

Debate and fighting are not one and the same, but if your behaviour 'in your youth' would be described similarly to that of Mr Barton, I'm hardly surprised that you seem to be unable to make the distinction.

Quite. But erecting strawmen so abjectly ridiculous that they even stand out from the crowd on here is quite an achievement. Well done

Do carry on and indulge yourself.

Quite. But erecting strawmen so abjectly ridiculous that they even stand out from the crowd on here is quite an achievement. Well done

Do carry on and indulge yourself.
It's not a straw man Liam0, you've referred to violent ways of settling things many, many times. On many topics.

I concede that it's not the case on this thread, nor on every thread. And I'm not starting on you. I'm just saying it's not a straw man.

You can't deny you have a certain 'charles bronson' solution to many problems :)

It's reductio ad absurdum, not strawman.

And if you will give ridiculous reasons in an attempt to justify violence and bad behaviour then I will indulge in mocking you via fallacy all I like :p

It's reductio ad absurdum, not strawman.

And if you will give ridiculous reasons in an attempt to justify violence and bad behaviour then I will indulge in mocking you via fallacy all I like :p

translate that for me and I'll reply in the morning. Sweet dreams.

Christ liam, the ground from which you've conducted this argument has shrunk so much, you must be balancing on one toe.

Balancing-Act-0013.jpg

Christ liam, the ground from which you've conducted this argument has shrunk so much, you must be balancing on one toe.

Really?

Perhaps it appears that way because some people are insisting on their right to define the grounds and assign positions to others. The 'position' that has been assigned to me is not one I hold or am arguing. Nor have I ever.

Let me clarify.

AFAICS this has little to do with the behaviour of J Barton and everything to do with the penchant for posters on here to behave just like the tabloids they profess to despise. To assume the moral high ground, call everybody else cunts and pontificate - like a left version of 'outraged of Surbiton' (or wherever).

It would be nice if Urban were a little oasis of rationality/humanity but AFAICS it would appear to be as obsessed with self-indulgent, hyperbolic, public finger-wagging at car crash celebrities... and making ourselves feel better by comparison... as the rest of society, which is kind of sad really.

Like I said earlier.. angry little pixies stamping their angry little pixie feet on the internet... about another angry little pixie spitting his dummy on Twitter.

I do not understand how that means I am 'defending' Joseph Barton Esq.

I do understand that it makes people uncomfortable enough to 'believe' that I am and attack me for that. What is the alternative after all... a look in the mirror to see we all have varying degrees of the same self-destructive behaviour as the figure of scorn?

Another LiamO thread where he steams in and gets his arse handed to him, and then gets huffy. Unsurprising.

Swap LiamO for Joey Barton if necessary.

When I was a young fella, me and all my mates would be considered "repeatedly violent, stupid, rude, aggressive" by lots of people - especially judgemental, middle-class lefties.

The terms are all as relative as they are loaded of course.

I'm not sure I'm following this - are you defending/excusing/whatever-you-choose-to-call-it Joey Barton to try to excuse your past behaviour, or because you generally believe that, underneath the character who has hospitalised team-mates no more than one occasion, Joey Barton is merely misunderstood?

I certainly can't understand him. Can't stand him either, but not sure that makes me particularly judgmental. Just intolerant of people who repeatedly assault others.

Follow
3d6ff64faa9ae311d769e841fc0b4612_normal.jpeg
Joseph BartonVerified@Joey7Barton
Some people have kids to get a better council house or more money via child benefits. How is this possible? #breedinglicence

Follow​
Joseph BartonVerified@Joey7Barton

*takes pin out of hand grenade...* *lobs said grenade into twitter-sphere...**sits back to enjoy the carnage...* *smiling*
he really is a bellend.

Joey said:
"Nigel Adkins sacking seems harsh to me. This is unfortunately modern day football.
Joey said:
#darwinism"

For all the dopes that have tweeted me since I mentioned #darwinismEducate yourselves, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinism#halfwits

To be fair most of you wouldn't be around if we lived in an actual Darwinistic society. Your that stupid, you would now be extinct#dullards

Only the strongest survive. The weak are weeded out and gradually eradicated from the gene pool. AKA Natural Selection' I'm an advocate FYI

Some of you should be delighted that the state supports the lazy/work shy amongst us? I just wish the millions I pay in tax, went to those....went to only those that deserved it. Not those who decide their to lazy to work. Claiming benefits whilst playing computer games all day!

Whilst, I'm at it. You need a licence to drive a car. To own a gun. Yet, no licence is needed to have kids? Work that out?

Is it more dangerous to give a moron, a gun, a car or a child?

Some people have kids to get a better council house or more money via child benefits. How is this possible? #breedinglicence

and so on

Back
Top Bottom