Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann cover themselves in glory in Twitter spat

If he acted like a cunt once or twice then yes, condeming him forever would probably be unfair.

But when someone is repeatedly violent, stupid, rude, aggressive and generally just acts like a cunt for many years, to the point of it costing them almost a million pounds and multiple convictions then they're a cunt.

But when someone is repeatedly violent, stupid, rude, aggressive and generally just acts like a cunt, then they're a cunt.

When I was a young fella, me and all my mates would be considered "repeatedly violent, stupid, rude, aggressive" by lots of people - especially judgemental, middle-class lefties.

The terms are all as relative as they are loaded of course.

When I was a young fella, me and all my mates would be considered "repeatedly violent, stupid, rude, aggressive" by lots of people - especially judgemental, middle-class lefties.

Ah just fuck off Liam.

Why do you assume that refers to you?
Why are you going around looking for people who are culturally working class that are being arseholes and then standing between them and their critics saying that the latter are middle class lefties and the former can change OMG he can change? It's bizarre.

I'm sorry are you actually defend his behaviour based on his age? And how on earth has class and political affiliation been brought into this?

Barton sparked a ten-man brawl in a friendly match against Doncaster Rovers on 25 July 2004 after "hacking" at an opposition player.
the club considered sacking Barton in December 2004 after an incident at their Christmas party. He stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy's eye, after he had caught Tandy attempting to set fire to his shirt.
In May 2005 he broke a 35-year-old pedestrian's leg while driving his car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.
In the summer of 2005, Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after assaulting a 15-year-old Everton supporter who had provoked Barton by verbally abusing him and kicking his shin. Barton had to be restrained from attacking the boy further by teammate Richard Dunne.
Barton was fined £100,000 and suspended by City until the end of the 2006–07 season on 1 May 2007, following an incident during training when he assaulted his team mate Ousmane Dabo Dabo said that he had been hit several times, was left unconscious and had to go to hospital after suffering injuries to his head, including a suspected detached retina. Dabo requested that the police press charges against Barton, and as a result, Barton was arrested and questioned by Greater Manchester Police.
On 27 December 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault in the Church Street area of Liverpool city centre following an incident which took place at 5:30 am. He was remanded in custody on 28 December since the offence was committed whilst he was on bail for two prior offences; the presiding magistrate noted "I also have to consider the safety of the public – you lashed out indiscriminately". CCTV showed Barton punching a man twenty times, causing him to lose consciousness, and attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth.
On 10 November, in a 2–1 defeat to Blackburn, Barton again acted violently, punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest.
Barton courted controversy once again during Newcastle's 3–1 win over Liverpool on 11 December 2010, when he appeared to direct homophobic remarks and a lewd gesture at Fernando Torres
Following his goal, Barton was involved in a physical confrontation with Wolves player Karl Henry. Henry and Barton had a previous physical confrontation in August 2010 when Barton was still at Newcastle.
he was given a straight red card after head-butting Norwich midfielderBradley Johnson,

You can try to say that the descriptive terms that I used are "loaded" but that right there is a list of actions of a violent, dangerous person who shows no evidence of learning from his moronic actions or attempting to reform himself. There are plenty of people his age and younger who don't choose to hospitalise their fellow human beings when they get angry and who don't act like total cunts. Most people over the age of five have learned not to hit out when they don't get their own way so I really don't see what his age has to do with it.

Anyone who behaves like that deserves to be called a cunt by all and sundry.

Barton admitted to being an alcoholic and claimed he wanted to achieve "total abstinence" in order to improve his behaviour.
And anyone who uses alcoholism to defend their violence and then slags off someone with a gambling problem is a hypocrite as well as a total and utter cunt.

The offensive thing is the implication that only a smug middle-class would have any problem with Barton's behaviour.

1. I was talking about me - and Red Action - here. Not J Barton.

2. Do you see how aggressive you become when people push your buttons? That's exactly what he does. Over reacts and stamps his feet.

The only difference I can see is that his outbursts are right-wing and most posters on here prefer right-on.

I know loads of people whose transgressions - most Friday nights- as young men would make Joey Barton look like an altar boy. It fact J Barton does look a bit like an altar boy.

A piece of therapeutic drama - appreciated Liam, the concern is noted - somewhere:

83690511Stone.jpg

Billy Bremner, Dave McKay, Vinnie Jones...
Barton sparked a ten-man brawl in a friendly match against Doncaster Rovers on 25 July 2004 after "hacking" at an opposition player.
the club considered sacking Barton in December 2004 after an incident at their Christmas party. He stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy's eye, after he had caught Tandy attempting to set fire to his shirt.
good enough for the cheeky little twat? What reaction would he respect if he went to his local pub and set fire to the clothes of a punter with a notoriously short fuse?

I know loads of people who have nothing to do with this and they're all capable of being great or worse - any words on the cunt in front of you?
You are not in front of me. You are sat at your keyboard.

What do you want me to say about JB? I have already said what he posted was a cunt's trick.

hacking, punching repeatedly, headbutting, and the rest. A bit different.

Yes. In expression.

But intent? Really. They look very similar to me.

JB loses the head and butts people. Posters on here lose the head and cunt people off. I wonder if that is because actual violence is not an option given we are online rather than on a pitch or in a pub.

You are not in front of me. You are sat at your keyboard.

What do you want me to say about JB? I have already said what he posted was a cunt's trick.
I want you to stop going oh but you're all middle class lefties condemning THE WHOLE OF THE WORKING CLASS when you condemn one dickhead duchess.

Yes. In expression.

But intent? Really. They look very similar to me.

JB loses the head and butts people. Posters on here lose the head and cunt people off. I wonder if that is because actual violence is not an option given we are online rather than on a pitch or in a pub.

Oh come on.

I know loads of people whose transgressions - most Friday nights- as young men would make Joey Barton look like an altar boy. It fact J Barton does look a bit like an altar boy.
Oh well that makes it ok then.

As long as he is less violent than some people we can totally forgive his actions.

In fact that's what we should do, we should ignore the violent conduct of all except the worst behaved person in the world and then once they have been stopped we should find the next worst and so on. Since it's all relative...

Barton gives good twitter, that's why we subscribe.

He's like basil fawlty with balls. A real psycho. We all know he can't control it...enough winding up and he'll really do himself some damage. And I'll be subscribing to it.

Barton gives good twitter, that's why we subscribe.

He's like basil fawlty with balls. A real psycho. We all know he can't control it...enough winding up and he'll really do himself some damage. And I'll be subscribing to it.
Most people on here got it from a paper report of it, not twitter.

Oh well that makes it ok then.

As long as he is less violent than some people we can totally forgive his actions.

In fact that's what we should do, we should ignore the violent conduct of all except the worst behaved person in the world and then once they have been stopped we should find the next worst and so on. Since it's all relative...

that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. but I suspect you already know that.

Back
Top Bottom