Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joey Barton

I was alerted to his twitter feed. didn't realise he had gone full mentalist, conspiracy theories, anti-women, anti-woke, anti-vax. and with millions of followers! reads like he's having a breakdown but like all of them I guess they have no morals and will simply lean into whatever gets them attention. hopefully it will end in tears for him as seems a real nasty piece of work, masquerading as some great crusade against 'msm' and people in power etc.

I don't think it reads like he is having a breakdown to be honest. It reads like very generic Mysognistic shite from a desperate grifter who has sensed that he has ran out of other options to make money. It's pretty much paint by numbers.

Complain about:

Women
Racism
Trans people
Vaccines
MSM
Listen to my podcast.

A few weeks ago, referring to the premeditated and racially motivated murder of Anthony Walker in 2005, Barton said:

“My brother lost 17 years of his life from 17, because his mate, who was his cousin at the time, thought it would be a fantastic idea, when they were having a f*****g scrap, to pull an ice axe out and swing it into somebody and it stuck in his head.”

Joey Barton's brother Michael Barton and their cousin Paul Taylor followed Anthony Walker, his girlfriend and a friend before the ambush and murder. Taylor struck Mr Walker in the head with an ice axe. M Barton initiated the confrontation and supplied that axe. The fatal blow was delivered so forcefully that the axe was driven over two inches into the victim's skull.

Joey Barton's comments were made in a video he posted on twitter as a plug for his podcast. (Now seems to have been deleted.)

Joey Barton slammed over comments on brother's racist murder of Anthony Walker

(h/t GarveyLives.)

A few weeks ago, referring to the premeditated and racially motivated murder of Anthony Walker in 2005, Barton said:

“My brother lost 17 years of his life from 17, because his mate, who was his cousin at the time, thought it would be a fantastic idea, when they were having a f*****g scrap, to pull an ice axe out and swing it into somebody and it stuck in his head.”

Joey Barton's brother Michael Barton and their cousin Paul Taylor followed Anthony Walker, his girlfriend and a friend before the ambush and murder. Taylor struck Mr Walker in the head with an ice axe. M Barton initiated the confrontation and supplied that axe. The fatal blow was delivered so forcefully that the axe was driven over two inches into the victim's skull.

Joey Barton's comments were made in a video he posted on twitter as a plug for his podcast. (Now seems to have been deleted.)

Joey Barton slammed over comments on brother's racist murder of Anthony Walker

(h/t GarveyLives.)
Look he's having a "nervous breakdown"* rather than being an absolute racist and mysognistic prick. This is clearly backed up by his previous behaviour of not behaving in this way.

Not aiming these comments at PB but I've seen this reason given a few times when it seems very clear there is a history that indicates these views are not that surprising and he's using what has become a very tried and tested pathway for people like him to build a platform and stay relevant.

*What people mean here is a mental health crisis I think....

Last edited:
Look he's having a "nervous breakdown"* rather than being an absolute racist and mysognistic prick. This is clearly backed up by his previous behaviour of not behaving in this way.

Not aiming these comments at PB but I've seen this reason given a few times when it seems very clear there is a history that indicates these views are not that surprising and he's using what has become a very tried and tested pathway for people like him to build a platform and stay relevant.

*What people mean here is a mental health crisis I think....
I think you took my post more literally than it was intended. I wasn't offering some sort of defence, just a casual description of him becoming a full-blown hatemonger on twitter.

I think you took my post more literally than it was intended. I wasn't offering some sort of defence, just a casual description of him becoming a full-blown hatemonger on twitter.
Yeah I probably did in the moment. I've seen it being said elsewhere. :) I was half cut when I posted the second comment too so probably came across a bit more combative than I'd intend.

He is such an absolutrly irredeemably horrible vile person.

Proper dangerous violent cunt too.

The kid at Man City who Barton stubbed in the eye with a cigar used to live near me . He became a scaffolder and I used to bump into him in local pubs, he always said that if he had been the same age as Barton at the time it wouldn't have happened. Barton had a reputation for being mouthy and a bully with the younger players but amongst peers a coward who would carefully pick his victims.

The kid at Man City who Barton stubbed in the eye with a cigar used to live near me . He became a scaffolder and I used to bump into him in local pubs, he always said that if he had been the same age as Barton at the time it wouldn't have happened. Barton had a reputation for being mouthy and a bully with the younger players but amongst peers a coward who would carefully pick his victims.

Doesn’t surprise me to hear that at all.

Barton has never been anything more than a snide lowlife and scumbag.

Eni Aluko says the abuse she suffered as a result of Joey Barton’s social media posts left her fearing for her safety and frightened to leave home.

The former England striker revealed she is taking legal action after Barton compared her and fellow ITV pundit Lucy Ward to serial killers Fred and Rose West. Aluko, who Barton also likened to dictators Joseph Stalin and Pol Pot, warned against the dangers of online abuse and worries the issue could lead to a female broadcaster taking their own life.

:mad:

I've just had a look at his twitter and yes I've got a bit of a hangover but I feel a little ill after even a cursory glance at it. What a vile human being.

Repulsive though Matt Le Tissier is, at least he isn't a violent thug. Barton is that and worse. I find it difficult to believe a man who abused his partner and thinks women don't belong anywhere near the men's game actually cares about protecting women's sport, he's just jumping on the anti-trans bandwagon because it's where the money is. And Aluko isn't just a woman, she's a black woman, so she'll be getting it in the neck because of that too. I know she's a Tory but she doesn't deserve this. Michael Owen is a shit pundit but nobody blames it on his sex. Same with male refs (Wednesday have had a female ref a couple of times and hooo boy did that not go down well).

Someone should ask him if he thinks men should commentate or do punditry on women's games, it being a different game and that, but somehow I get the impression he's fine with it. And the fact loads of male fans and players agree with him is depressing. I went on the Newcastle Reddit while looking to see if the Women's Soccer one had posted anything on Barton and while a lot of people were slagging him off, there were a fair few defending him and doing the usual overdefensive male fan thing about having women's football shoved down their throats and why can't they market it at women instead. Which makes me wonder about how they feel about women at Newcastle men's games. And nobody is forcing them to watch it, I see tennis and rugby mentioned all the time and I'm not arsed about either, I'm more of a snooker woman, but I don't feel the need to whine about it.

I always thought Barton was a lefty, I remember him being pro-Palestine, but I guess he's just fash deep down like his rotten brother.

Right, so Aluko knowing 'next to nothing' about men's football makes death threats OK then. Got it.

He really is desperate for attention.

It explains a lot. Barton went after Aluko because she's an easy target (and given his background, I wouldn't be surprised if he targeted her because she was black). Roy Keane might have been a thug, but he wouldn't have treated his own team mates the way Barton did. I was genuinely surprised, in a good way, to learn that he defended Beckham and basically acted like his guard dog when they were playing against Simeone's team, I forget who it was (Inter?) and also said that OK, Beckham was into clothes but he wasn't arsed about that because Beckham put a shift in and played well, and that was what mattered to Keane. Keane was also a great player. Barton didn't even have that going for him. I found an article comparing the two and someone said that Keane has high standards but set them for himself as well, while Barton was happy to criticise others but wouldn't take any blame, and he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

And I really hope this isn't going to be like the other Joey Barton thread where some nimrod accuses everyone of being classist or whatever. Yes, I know there are lots of violent men out there who are like Barton, I've met some of them, does that mean we have to feel sorry for him? I recall that poster also left out the bit where Barton was trying to set fire to the other player's outfit first.

Piers Morgan did an interview with the other day and asked him whether he was qualified to comment on Champions League football given he had never actually played it. Which I thought was quite good. :D

Why is Barton shitting his pants on Twitter about Gabriel Sutton and whining on about how he's a big fatty mcfatterson?

I saw that tweet, but why was Barton having a meltdown before that?

Sutton's been surprisingly calm about it. He did make a good point though - he can handle it, but other people can't, and Barton is the kind of person who goes after people he sees as weak or vulnerable. I can't imagine him going on the same rant at someone like Neville Southall, because Big Nev can and will fight back.

He was very angry about this article too. I recommend opening it on Opera due to the ads.

He was threatening legal action. These free speech types are so litigious. The man's a complete bully and he was clearly rejected for media roles hence all of this lashing out.

For someone who styles himself as a big hard bastard, Barton is so incredibly thin-skinned. Of course nobody wants him for media roles, because all he does is gob off and attack people for no reason other than because they're a woman, or it gives him an erection. And he's a shit manager.

Of course Barton's fanboys are claimng that Hedges is lying, even though Hedges has nothing to gain by doing so and Barton has a history of bullying. He freely admits he believes in revenge and that was why he shoved a cigar in that guy's eye. Barton thinks treating your players like shit will make them respect you and play well when it's more likely to make them hate you.

His YouTube videos are pulling 4k on average from a very quick glance. :D

I watched someone drive around a roundabout for an hour and it has 1.2k views.

Ah a closer look there are videos with 50k plus but that's not really anything on YouTube for someone who has some reach due to their status. I don't think it's going as he hoped.

Has he started blaming the government for controlling the weather yet? (As an aside, so many Americans on r/facepalm assume Le Tissier is a Yank for some reason and keep going 'BUT CLOUD SEEDING' when the UK hardly needs any encouragement to make it rain and also, if the government wanted to keep everyone indoors, wouldn't they make it rain to deter people from going outside?)

He's been sending abuse to people again, I take it? Like that meltdown he had recently where he went into a huge rant about Gabriel Sutton being a fat queer?

Back
Top Bottom