Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

You old feckers are sò testy

Not the first time your ageism makes an appearance.

Btw, this is the 4 year old post you're agreeing with

There is a lot to be said for life ending at seventy five. As an eighty eight year old I often feel we oldies contribute very little and overburden an overstretched NHS. Handouts and concessions have to be paid for, we are a drain on society, but I don't want to go.
Probably more to the point is global overpopulation. Every year we see technology reducing the need for human involvement yet we encourage baby production by giving incentives. It's good for producing cheap labour but an enormous strain on resources. As I sit in the last stand waiting room I shudder at the thoughts of what life will be like for the initiator of this proposal when he reaches eighty plus.

Another high profile Democrat on Twixxer - Obama's former speechwriter with 1.3 million followers on Musk's vanity project - also sticking the boot into Biden. This isn't going away:

I live in the States. Have done for nearly two decades. You'd be shocked how invisible Harris has been these last four years in her position as Veep. Funnily enough, that may have worked to her advantage 'cos, like Starmer in the UK, the more people see of her the more they dislike her. Pence's profile as Trump's V-P was much higher.

In retrospect, it's apparent now that a decision was made early on in Biden's Presidency by his inner circle not to boost her up, not to groom her as his natural successor. Maybe that's 'cos, to do so, in his first term, might have inadvertently undermined his ambition to serve out two terms. Who the fuck knows. It's a shitshow at this point.

I live in the States. Have done for nearly two decades. You'd be shocked how invisible Harris has been these last four years in her position as Veep. Funnily enough, that may have worked to her advantage 'cos, like Starmer in the UK, the more people see of her the more they dislike her. Pence's profile as Trump's V-P was much higher.

In retrospect, it's apparent now that a decision was made early on in Biden's Presidency by his inner circle not to boost her up, not to groom her as his natural successor. Maybe that's 'cos, to do so, in his first term, might have inadvertently undermined his ambition to serve out two terms. Who the fuck knows. It's a shitshow at this point.
Seem to recall that Biden was only going to serve the one term and that Harris was going to be the next candidate.

Either my memory is going or plans got changed..

I'm not close enough to it to get a 'feel' of how this will go and the debate doesn't seem to have done as much damage as it might have. However something like this can only get worse, either by more stumbles as he gets out of a plane or verbal cock ups. Equally, the more Dems try and intervene, the more it works for Trump. Biden has been really selfish.

I'm not close enough to it to get a 'feel' of how this will go and the debate doesn't seem to have done as much damage as it might have. However something like this can only get worse, either by more stumbles as he gets out of a plane or verbal cock ups. Equally, the more Dems try and intervene, the more it works for Trump. Biden has been really selfish.

I disagree.

Prior to the debate, Biden as a "doddery old fool not up to the task" was largely a meme in right wing social media echo chambers. People saw there was a obvious physical and mental decline in Biden these past few years but refrained from talking about it out loud. That's no longer the case. That is now the number one issue with regards to Biden. It's inconceivable that this can be fully turned around. Even if Biden was to have better than expected performances here on in, in the back of people's minds it will be rationalized as 'He's having a good day'. The implication being that it isn't the norm, and he will only get worse - and have less good days - further down the line.

Last edited:
I think people over overestimating Harris' popularity. While I don't doubt she'd be more than competent in the job, I really don't buy that America will swing enough in her favour to overcome Trump's popularity. I don't even know who would overcome the seemingly inevitable return of Trump at this point. But I certainly don't see it being Biden or Harris.

I disagree.

Prior to the debate, Biden as a "doddery old fool not up to the task" was largely a meme in right wing social media echo chambers. People saw there was a obvious physical and mental decline in Biden these past few years but refrained from talking about it out loud. That's no longer the case. That is now the number issue with regards to Biden. It's inconceivable that this can be fully turned around. Even if Biden was to have better than expected performances here on in, in the back of people's minds it will be rationalized as 'He's having a good day'. The implication being that that isn't the norm, and he will only get worse - and have less good days - further down the line.
Agree with all of that,, I was just noting the headline poll numbers don't seem to have tanked as much as you'd expect, given the awful performance. Yes, he's not going to be able to pull this back.

There's been some comparison between Biden and RB Ginsberg in that they both may've held on to their position (selfishly?) for too long to the detriment of orderly transition

There's been some comparison between Biden and RB Ginsberg in that they both may've held on to their position (selfishly?) for too long to the detriment of orderly transition

You could add Pelosi to that list . . . amongst many others down the years.

It's a fucking club. Always has been . . . but they insist on rubbing our fucking faces in it 24/7 these days.

Poll commissioned by Clilary Hinton?
I can kinda see it. They are the two well known democrats. Clinton was selected previously. Anyone else would be wildly divisive as they all jockeyed for position and made it even easier for the Reps to just laugh.

They're both still crap choices, obvs

If the Democrats are stupid enough to put Hillary Clinton anywhere near power, they deserve every bit of Fascism that is inevitable from that point on. They deserve to be executed for crimes against politics, which funnily enough is probably what President Trump would do to them.

America had a black president. It will have a woman president. It will have a gay president. All of these things are possible.

What there will never be is a president Hillary Clinton - rightly or wrongly, she was a tainted name seen as too divisive back in 2016 and time hasn't dimmed that in the slightest. She was literally the only way that the Democrats could lose the 2016 election, and they chose that path.

Vice president is one illness/incapacitation/gunshot away from being president. Trump would win in an absolute landslide against any ticket with the name Clinton on it.

If the Democrats are stupid enough to put Hillary Clinton anywhere near power, they deserve every bit of Fascism that is inevitable from that point on. They deserve to be executed for crimes against politics, which funnily enough is probably what President Trump would do to them.

America had a black president. It will have a woman president. It will have a gay president. All of these things are possible.

What there will never be is a president Hillary Clinton - rightly or wrongly, she was a tainted name seen as too divisive back in 2016 and time hasn't dimmed that in the slightest. She was literally the only way that the Democrats could lose the 2016 election, and they chose that path.

Vice president is one illness/incapacitation/gunshot away from being president. Trump would win in an absolute landslide against any ticket with the name Clinton on it.
Agree with most of that (HRC is poison) except the deserving fascism bit.

Nobody deserves the horrors of fascism.

I think people over overestimating Harris' popularity. While I don't doubt she'd be more than competent in the job, I really don't buy that America will swing enough in her favour to overcome Trump's popularity. I don't even know who would overcome the seemingly inevitable return of Trump at this point. But I certainly don't see it being Biden or Harris.

I think Harris could do it with Gavin Newsom on the ticket as her VP. A young, white, handsome male who can level things up in the minds of the idiots who constitute the American electorate who can't stomach the prospect of a black woman getting the job.

Biden just has to do the decent thing, and fast. This Nato summit is three gruelling days of him trying to be appear to be the most powerful person in the world. And he's clearly, clearly not up to it.

Back
Top Bottom