Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

in denial about what?

First, about the rank and file being totally behind him.

Secondly, that that actually matters if it was actually the case. What matters is those 5 or 6 swing states which determined both the 2016 and 2020 elections, and which will determine the coming election. It's not the 'Forever Blue' loyalists who determine a Presidential Election.

The fact that Biden's mental competency is now being widely discussed outside the Trump social media bubble means that this isn't going away. The questions and doubts about Biden are only going to increase between now and election day. And they are legitimate questions and doubts.

First, about the rank and file being totally behind him

they are

Secondly, that that actually matters if it was actually the case. What matters is those 5 or 6 swing states which determined both the 2016 and 2020 elections, and which will determine the coming election. It's not the 'Forever Blue' loyalists who determine a Presidential Election.

and what info do you have about the movement of undecideds in those states?

The fact that Biden's mental competency is now being widely discussed outside the Trump social media bubble means that this isn't going away. The questions and doubts about Biden are only going to increase between now and election day. And they are legitimate questions and doubts.

lots of passive voice garbage in there. since trump lied his face off in a strong and manly way...

they are

and what info do you have about the movement of undecideds in those states?

lots of passive voice garbage in there. since trump lied his face off in a strong and manly way...

Urban's resident Left Com sympathiser stanning for Biden was not on my Urban 75 2024 Bingo Card. :eek:

apparently, the fact of Trump's mental capacity is not a source of discussion within the republican electorate, so no problem then. in the last analysis, BSAB.

The old guard needs to make way for the progressive wing of the Dems. Otherwise they've handed the Presidency to Trump and his cult of lunatic and fascists.

Pelosi is part of the US problem IMO

Wow so now ordinary middle class Americans with spare cash can easily share in the corrupt market trading of their chosen leaders......isn't capitalism just great?

HA!!! Biden's low cunning wins out again :thumbs:

I quite liked this from reddit:

I made a list of everything trump said during the debate that isn't a lie:
  1. We got hit with COVID.
  2. Biden created mandates. Biden did a mandate on the vaccine.
  3. The jobs went down and then they bounced back.
  4. Biden made a statement.
  5. I was getting out of Afghanistan.
  6. The corporate tax was cut down to 21 percent.
  7. 200 billion dollars is a lot of money.
  8. The Supreme Court just approved the abortion pill. (Edit: they didn't approve, just ruled no standing)
  9. Texas is different. Florida is different.
  10. The states are making their own decisions right now. And right now, the states control abortion. Abortion is now back with the states.
  11. Biden put the suckers and losers quote in commercials.
  12. I fired the general that you mentioned.
  13. We have an ocean separating us and Ukraine.
  14. The European nations together have spent $100 billion on Ukraine, or maybe more than that.
  15. We have a debate.
  16. I funded historically black colleges and universities.
  17. We had H2O.
  18. We mentioned “Russia, Russia, Russia, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine”.
  19. I did fire a lot. I fired Comey. I fired a lot of the top people at the FBI.
  20. We were using all forms of energy.
  21. Biden said he inherited 9 percent inflation. Inflation blew up under his leadership. (Edit: this is true, Biden did say it, even though 9 percent is false)
  22. We have polling.
  23. Biden never took out my tariffs that I imposed on China. He never took them away.
  24. I took two cognitive tests.
  25. We left billions of dollars of equipment behind in Afghanistan.
  26. I got along with Putin very well.

The old guard needs to make way for the progressive wing of the Dems. Otherwise they've handed the Presidency to Trump and his cult of lunatic and fascists.

I am not sure they need to do that, so much as make way for people from all parts of the party who have more ability than the serial failures at the top. There just tends to be more of those people in the progressive wing because of the difficulty level they face against the establishment.

Progressive Wing. Ahahahaha.
The fact that anyone pays attention to this charade of bread and circuses shows how fucked western society is. Different types of scared rich people making sure you support their genocidal ways.
Keep voting.
🤡 🤡 🤡

Progressive Wing. Ahahahaha.
The fact that anyone pays attention to this charade of bread and circuses shows how fucked western society is. Different types of scared rich people making sure you support their genocidal ways.
Keep voting.
🤡 🤡 🤡

Do explain how the likes of Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are "genocidal", specifically when it comes to their stances on Palestine. Cheers.

This is a story that can only get worse for the Dems. If the party hierarchy say nothing, he remains the candidate, but severely weakened, particularly in ways that Trump will have no hesitation in exploiting. If they make moves to get him to stand down, that has to work and he has to go quickly. Otherwise all their efforts to get him to stand down increase the idea that he's the mentally incompetent. Also, it's not quite at the tipping point. He thinks he can recover and maybe so some extent he can, but it needs another performance every bit as bad as this one for the pressure to grow. And even if we get to that point, the Dems look to be far from united about Harris taking over as candidate. I mean, they can put any plausible candidate in, but she's the only one who can be presented to the public as the 'orderly succession candidate'. Basically, Biden has been very selfish - not so much in this moment, but in refusing to back Harris (or someone else) to run this time round.

Defensive caveat! I say that as only the most casual observer of US politics. However there's something of a universal truth to the idea that it's hard for parties to work through the logic of events and deliver what is in their best interest in circumstances like this.

Biden looking bemused and bewidlered during the debate shows he is the same as everyone else with a brain when listening to Trump's word salad. I'd say there was something wrong with you if you didn't look like you had no idea what was going on.

I just feel a bit depressed that the whole edifice of so-called representational democracy is a freaking facade. Essentially, politics seems to be a small clique of professional liars who represent the corporate and capitalist class while any sort of voice for ordinary working people has been systematically suppressed.
A vote, every 5 years, for imbeciles, is barely worth the effort of going to the ballot box...but this doesn't negate the value of direct, targeted activism and collective organisation.

Last edited:
Biden looking bemused and bewidlered during the debate shows he is the same as everyone else with a brain when listening to Trump's word salad. I'd say there was something wrong with you if you didn't look like you had no idea what was going on.
correlation doesn't equal causation

Well, that was appalling. From shuffling onstage to mumbling, Biden could only have done worse if he had a stroke. He at least made an effort to call Trump for his bad behavior, at one point saying he had "the morals of an alleycat". This is true, but he should have said it with more force, conviction, and spirit.

Back
Top Bottom