Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

Wasn't Biden originally going to be 1 term and then back Kamala Harris?
That's what people were saying the plan was before he was elected but that seemed to be a bit of a ploy to get round the being too old this time thing. I've no idea what's happened to her -- she doesn't really seem to be mentioned these days.

That's what people were saying the plan was before he was elected but that seemed to be a bit of a ploy to get round the being too old this time thing. I've no idea what's happened to her -- she doesn't really seem to be mentioned these days.
She got the shitty end of stick, given various jobs to do around illegal migration.

Reactions: Sue
Wasn't Biden originally going to be 1 term and then back Kamala Harris?
I'm not sure she was ever very viable as a president and she was sent to the no-win border issue. I suspect his ego is just a little more hidden than Trump's. All these people saying he was a "decent" man are being a bit disingenuous, I think he would have spent the first term thinking about secession planning if he was decent. Buttigieg is impressive.

Yep, there was talk of a one-term pledge but he never made one publicly and started talking about a second term soon after taking office

From December 2019:

According to four people who regularly talk to Biden, all of whom asked for anonymity to discuss internal campaign matters, it is virtually inconceivable that he will run for reelection in 2024, when he would be the first octogenarian president.

“If Biden is elected,” a prominent adviser to the campaign said, “he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection"

If they are going to ditch Biden they should correct their big mistakes of 2016 and 2020

He's only 14 months or so older than Biden and seems a lot livelier and more coherent, given the chance he could have destroyed Trump in yesterday's debate

I'm not sure she was ever very viable as a president and she was sent to the no-win border issue. I suspect his ego is just a little more hidden than Trump's. All these people saying he was a "decent" man are being a bit disingenuous, I think he would have spent the first term thinking about secession planning if he was decent. Buttigieg is impressive.

Anyone who thinks Biden us a "decent man" knows fuck all about Biden. Just 'cos Trump is a bigger cunt than him doesn't negate the fact that Biden's also a cunt.

I watched a bit of Jon Stewart..
What a bloody disaster.
Gives me existential angst as a 64 year old - what can I do to prevent being like that in less than 20 years' time.
Why any millionaire isn't at the beach is beyond me - at the youngest possible age...

I started my late life crisis when I found I was younger than the Tory leader at the time - and then a whole succession of Tory PMs..

Cor bloimey Mary Poppins ...

You're all exaggerating :rolleyes:

Reading the article, when they say in the headline "Undecided voters ..." they actually mean "An undecided voter ..."
:D

but perhaps he'll get the sympathy vote from all the people with lost and wandering grandpa's :(

trump lied his face off, but in a vigorous, manly way, so that's better.

Anyone who thinks Biden us a "decent man" knows fuck all about Biden. Just 'cos Trump is a bigger cunt than him doesn't negate the fact that Biden's also a cunt.

correct. as I've pointed out before, you don't get to be senator for 36 years from the most corporate-friendly state in the union by being anti-capitalist. and he was a thoroughgoing neocon. not to mention the plagiarism. or the handsy.

of course, that's not what we're facing in November. we're facing Project 2025, the current spate of SC rulings x10, compulsory christian indoctrination, etc etc ... or not that.

trump lied his face off, but in a vigorous, manly way, so that's better.

correct. as I've pointed out before, you don't get to be senator for 36 years from the most corporate-friendly state in the union by being anti-capitalist. and he was a thoroughgoing neocon. not to mention the plagiarism. or the handsy.

of course, that's not what we're facing in November. we're facing Project 2025, the current spate of SC rulings x10, compulsory christian indoctrination, etc etc ... or not that.

Do you think the DNC will dump him/ask him to go?

Momentum is definitely building to get him to stand down. I think a sticking point to get him to go is Harris. They'd have to neutralize her also. I'm not convinced Harris could beat Trump, but she's arrogant enough to assume that it's her turn after Biden.

have no idea why they allow him to stand for the debate in the first place

if he was ill why not just allow him to remark "unlike trump he listens to doctors advice"

would of been fair less of a PR botch

Last edited:
The one thing I haven't heard discussed is Biden being persuaded to resign before the election. Most unlikely, but it would change things, at least in the sense of strengthening Harris, by making her the incumbent.

hmm think he should hang around until the SCOTUS give trump immunity for having been the prez

8f6d2815ly1gkq87fwifwj215o1mrgyt.jpg

mic drop stand down :D

They have no real mechanisms to do so without consensus on the best alternative. There is no such consensus. The situation only gets resolved if Biden sees sense. At the moment, that looks unlikely, but perhaps some people he trusts will stage an intervention at the weekend.

I wonder if anyone other than middle aged white guys with dark hair has a view?

Biden is a cunt, but I completely get why he won't go .....basically it would be like admitting to himself that his life is pretty much over, a devastating thing for anyone to face

no, he made a good show in NC. but Ax^ is right, he should never have debated, just played the front-runner shtick of refusing to address his opponent.

harris was a cynical choice as v.p., and she hasn't been given much of a portfolio. i don't know what to think about her chances.

e2a Politico has an opinion

"no, he made a good show in NC"

That doesn't matter. Who would have even seen that clip outside the usual suspects?

The only public appearances that matter now for Biden between now and November are the debates. That's the closet to him being unfiltered, to him being on his lonesome away from the kid gloves of his handlers. Even in the Biden ads that keep cropping up on my YouTube timeline he comes across as detached, cringey and stilted. The first time I saw the ad I thought it was a hostage video.

You don't have to be Trump cultist to recognise the absolute contempt that the people around Biden have towards the electorate in continuing to cling to Biden. If and when they lose in November, they'll be in denial about it and blame everyone else except themselves for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Just like Clinton and her team in 2016.

Biden is a cunt, but I completely get why he won't go .....basically it would be like admitting to himself that his life is pretty much over, a devastating thing for anyone to face

Is it him or the people around him who are in denial? Genuine question.

"no, he made a good show in NC"

That doesn't matter. Who would have even seen that clip outside the usual suspects?

The only public appearances that matter now for Biden between now and November are the debates.

to whom? the party rank and file are totally behind him.

you've lost the plot.

Back
Top Bottom