Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

Electorialism the tool of capitalism though? I think I essentially mostly agree. Would always tick a box to keep outright nutters at bay, though. But if that is where the engagement begins and ends then yes, the options are restricted and 'capitalism' will oppress us forever.
As long as we keep voting for capitalist politicians the nutters will always have a damn good chance of getting in. Capitalism and bourgeois democracy do not fight fascism to the death - capitalism needs the more extreme version (fascism).

Last edited:
As long as we keep voting for capitalist politicians the nutters will always have a damn good chance of getting in. Capitalism and bourgeois democracy do not fight fascism to the death - capitalism needs the more extreme version (fascism).
I disagree. Not voting against the nutters is the quickest way to do that. You don't have to go home after ticking 'no' to fascism. In fact most on these boards are right with that anyway.

I disagree. Not voting against the nutters is the quickest way to do that. You don't have to go home after ticking 'no' to fascism. In fact most on these boards are right with that anyway.
Do you think the 'friendly' capitalist government should be brought down though? And if so, how is that going to happen? Maybe you are just not interested in trying to do something about that system? I do get the impression that people are not aware of the harm caused by such governments or just don't care - maybe it just doesn't effect them like it does others, though climate change will effect everyone. Anyway, it seems to be a waste of time discussing this on here - what I say is not acknowledged and we keep going round in circles.

Last edited:
So why have people gone home then? Where are they and what are they doing? What you say is clearly not true.

Last edited:
So why have people gone home then? Where are they and what are they doing? What you say is clearly not true.
I think if a government intends to harm minorities, destroy living standards and deny/accelerate climate change I will vote against that.

Why people have 'gone home' is another question.

I think if a government intends to harm minorities, destroy living standards and deny/accelerate climate change I will vote against that.
The likes of the Dems do all of those things aswell and you're saying people should vote for them.

Last edited:
Piss off then.
At the end of the day people like you contribute to state oppression and attacks on the working class. Thats just a fact. You help the ruling class and its state, thats whose side you're on. People like you are clearly not interested in resisting capitalism or promoting that idea. You encourage people to vote for and support the bourgeois who oppress and exploit working class people and you stubbornly refuse to get behind autonomous alternatives from below. You support the evermore destructive, exploitative, venal and repressive capitalist system. End of. And hey, maybe your pathetic attempts at keeping fascism at bay won't even work. Its a complete waste of fucking time bothering with you deluded, blinkered people. You'll get what you vote for.

Last edited:
Its definitely a waste of time discussing this on here

This your response to being asked if the Dems are fascist? This is the point where you make it really obvious that you know that your argument fails. Because whatever the faults of the Democratic Party - and there are many - you can't honestly claim that they are fascists without utterly destroying what little is left of your political credibility.

At the end of the day people like you contribute to state oppression and attacks on the working class. Thats just a fact. You help the ruling class and its state, thats whose side you're on.

This is a dumb argument. Anyone who pays taxes has done more to support "state oppression and attacks on the working class" than casting a ballot ever will. None of us are innocent in that respect.

People like you are clearly not interested in resisting capitalism or promoting that idea.

They absolutely do, they just disagree with you on how.

You encourage people to vote for and support the bourgeois who oppress and exploit working class people and you stubbornly refuse to get behind autonomous alternatives from below.

Who is discouraging political activity outside of the electoral sphere? Quote them, don't just throw out these baseless accusations. I know I'm not one of those people, and I'm pretty sure that Humberto isn't either. So prove it.

At the end of the day you people are completely disingenuous and accuse me of siding with the republicans (and fascism) and their oppression of women, LGBT+ and black people. I say you are class traitors who side with the bourgeosie. Thats just how it is. You can fuck off.

Last edited:
You people that will defend electoralism to the death don't really have any proper or coherent arguments so you resort to hurling accusations -you basically label me as racist and anti-LGBT+ or sexist or someone who doesn't consider those oppressed groups because I'm aganst voting and electoralism, which is what you've clearly done, in an exchange about the 'merits of voting etc'. You people seem to have a religious impulse, which doesn't necessarily require a belief in god. The whole Corbyn thing was like a religion aswell. Rationality and material facts just don't come into it. You've taken your position and made up your own 'facts' to fit your own belief system. So because of this I clearly can't have a serious and genuine conversation with you people on this stuff (or likely about anything political) that has any real meaning or gets anywhere or resolves anything or establishes any facts. Its just a miasma of bullshit.

Last edited:
but again you ignore how bad things would be particularly for women and LGBT+ people if the republicans were to get in. It fucking matters to them.
Here's just one example of the sort of thing I'm referring to. I have also been accused on here of siding with the republicans and fascism and their oppression of black people. I have cleary outlined my position and the serious problems with electoralism, but you people just don't listen, you are blinkered. Its clearly a complete waste of fucking time with you lot.

Last edited:
Here's just one example of the sort of thing I'm referring to. I have also been accused on here of siding with the republicans and fascism and their oppression of black people.

Perhaps two sheds can explain himself here, but you have displayed a lack of care about implications of who gets voted in. I don't think that makes you a bigot, just misguided, perhaps foolish. You do know that Republicans seek to introduce legislation to marginalise and oppress women and LGBT folks way more often than Democrats do, right?

Perhaps two sheds can explain himself here, but you have displayed a lack of care about implications of who gets voted in. I don't think that makes you a bigot, just misguided, perhaps foolish. You do know that Republicans seek to introduce legislation to marginalise and oppress women and LGBT folks way more often than Democrats do, right?
I can equally and legitimately accuse you of actively supporting a political party and government who will do (and are doing) immense harm to the working class and other groups of people and you lot admit that you are knowingly supporting the bourgeosie. But at the end of the day I am for supporting oppressed and marginalised groups and working towards liberation, whereas siding with the bourgeoisie is counter-productive to doing that from my view.

I can equally and legitamately accuse you of actively supporting a political party and government who will do immense harm to the working class and other groups of people and you lot admit that you are knowingly supporting the bourgeosie.
What do you say to a woman in Alabama who needs an abortion? Do you lecture her how it makes no difference which party is in power?

Real examples of real people with real problems right now, today.

What do you say to a woman in Alabama who needs an abortion? Do you lecture her how it makes no difference which party is in power?
Ofcourse not and funnily enough anarchists have been involved in real solidarity in such matters, whereas the dems have not done enough and are part of the system that has brought this about and enforced it.

Ofcourse not and funnily enough anarchists have been involved in real solidarity in such matters.
Don't hide behind the actions of other people. I want you to tell me what you would say to her. And the truth is that you would lecture her about how it makes no difference because unless she told you, you might have no idea that she needs an abortion. You could be lecturing her right now on this thread.

Don't hide behind the actions of other people. I want you to tell me what you would say to her. And the truth is that you would lecture her about how it makes no difference because unless she told you, you might have no idea that she needs an abortion. You could be lecturing her right now on this thread.
This is just stupid and disingenuous and I've answered your question. I believe in genuine solidarity and action and not the system that has inflicted that on people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom