Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

At the end of the day people don't have to vote and theres nothing wrong with not voting, they can instead get involved in building autonomous grass roots alternatives. Reformism is a failure.

Oops

Richard Sauber, special counsel to the president, has said “a small number of documents with classified markings” were discovered on 2 November 2022 in a locked closet at the centre as Biden’s personal lawyers were clearing out the offices. According to Sauber, the lawyers immediately alerted the White House counsel’s office, which notified the National Archives, which took custody of the documents the next day.

But it remains unclear why the administration waited more than two months to acknowledge the discovery of the records and what exactly they contain. Trump weighed in on his social media site, demanding: “When is the FBI going to raid the many homes of Joe Biden, perhaps even the White House?”
The situation contrasts sharply with that of Trump, who had around 300 documents with classification markings, including some that were recovered in an FBI search after his lawyers provided a sworn certification that all government records had been returned.

You do know the issue is less with what you say, and much (much) more with the way that you say it and come across AmateurAgitator?
Yes, that. And I also apologize for the way I said some of what I did to AmateurAgitator in our spiral of insults, not sure whether he can see that if I'm on ignore. Of course I wouldn't suggest that he doesn't care about homophobia and misogyny. I'm horrified by what's going on in the US and he caught some of the edge of that.

The clown had classified documents in his garage - not a great look when the FBI's raided your predecessor's home

This is pretty horrific handling of archival documents. I know the Republicans are going to make hay with this, but there does need to be some kind of investigation into why the archivists aren't keeping track enough to know documents are missing or being mishandled. I can understand wanting to keep copies of some documents for writing your memoirs, but this just looks like a total lack of care on everyone's part.

<edited to add>
I almost went the archivist route in Library school, but took one look at the rat shit infested, flea ridden, and moldy state of some archives and that was enough for me.

Last edited:
This is pretty horrific handling of archival documents. I know the Republicans are going to make hay with this, but there does need to be some kind of investigation into why the archivists aren't keeping track enough to know documents are missing or being mishandled. I can understand wanting to keep copies of some documents for writing your memoirs, but this just looks like a total lack of care on everyone's part.
I suspect its more that any organisation, especially a government, has so many records they simply can't keep track of them. It's an inherent risk with paper records.

At least he didn't absent-mindedly leave them at a bus stop...

I suspect its more that any organisation, especially a government, has so many records they simply can't keep track of them. It's an inherent risk with paper records.

At least he didn't absent-mindedly leave them at a bus stop...

my first ever paid job was to go through paper archives (back in the 80s) of a french ministry and shred the duplicate copies, I couldn't quite believe the amounts I had to get rid of (40ish copies of a single documents often occured), so some getting lost would be easy...
none of those were classified though (but I hadn't known about people having to sign sworn statement they weren't jews during the occupation until this job)

Have worked in the Pharma industry for a quarter of a century now and not fucking this stuff up weirdly doesn’t seem all that hard.

It really is interesting to me that I'm accused of giving people instructions when thats actually what people are doing to me, aswell as blaming people like me for the oppression of black people, women and LGBT+ people just coz I would't vote for the lesser evil (which is still evil) if I lived in the US. Why would you expect someone like me, who doesn't believe in having political parties and politicians etc to vote and why do you think theres enough of us to make a difference? But thats the only option and something everyone must do - you must vote for evil and if you don't you're worse than Hitler. Its very narrow minded, delusional, dogmatic and authoritarian in my view. I'm not giving people instructions either but just trying to promote an alternative and try to get people to look at things a bit differently, and all I get is hate. I really don't think theres any room for someone like me to discuss politics on here, I just get piled on and have to put up with immature stupidity and no one is open to what I have to say, everyone else knows better and has all the answers apparently. I tried I guess. I think you are very dogmatic, pompous and blinkered people and I'm not interested in discussing politics on here anymore, its a waste of time and really always has been, just like things in general I guess. I really don't think theres anything to be gained from perpetuating this system and I am firmly convinced that doing so will just make everything worse, to me thats obvious. I honestly think things are fucked - I mean if people so stubbornly and enthusiastically support politicians who have so blatantly screwed over workers what can I or anyone else do? I honestly think we're fucked, maybe we deserve to be.

Last edited:

<edited to add>
I almost went the archivist route in Library school, but took one look at the rat shit infested, flea ridden, and moldy state of some archives and that was enough for me.
yeh like you i jumped for the librarian option but i've regretted it every now and again. however, archivists get what they're given and so don't know what hasn't made it to them yet. as an aside, when i worked in a local authority archive i was told of a vast tranche of documents which another part of the council had identified, which had been sorted out by my colleagues, and which were going to be moved to the archives being binned - perhaps in error - a couple of days before they were due to be collected and transported. a vast tranche, like about the amount that a 7.5 tonne truck could move. binned - i like to think by incompetence.

Re climate action, Biden goes nowhere near far enough
Then I really don't see the point in supporting people like him. And it also doesn't make sense to me at all why people expect anarchists to participate in or support representative democracy - which completely goes against what we believe in . And that being the case, why wouldn't I, as an anarchist, argue against representative democracy?

Last edited:
It really is interesting to me that I'm accused of giving people instructions when thats actually what people are doing to me, aswell as blaming people like me for the oppression of black people, women and LGBT+ people just coz I would't vote for the lesser evil (which is still evil) if I lived in the US. Why would you expect someone like me, who doesn't believe in having political parties and politicians etc to vote and why do you think theres enough of us to make a difference? But thats the only option and something everyone must do - you must vote for evil and if you don't you're worse than Hitler. Its very narrow minded, delusional, dogmatic and authoritarian in my view. I'm not giving people instructions either but just trying to promote an alternative and try to get people to look at things a bit differently, and all I get is hate. I really don't think theres any room for someone like me to discuss politics on here, I just get piled on and have to put up with immature stupidity and no one is open to what I have to say, everyone else knows better and has all the answers apparently. I tried I guess. I think you are very dogmatic, pompous and blinkered people and I'm not interested in discussing politics on here anymore, its a waste of time and really always has been, just like things in general I guess. I really don't think theres anything to be gained from perpetuating this system and I am firmly convinced that doing so will just make everything worse, to me thats obvious. I honestly think things are fucked - I mean if people so stubbornly and enthusiastically support politicians who have so blatantly screwed over workers what can I or anyone else do? I honestly think we're fucked, maybe we deserve to be.
Your problem is stuff like at the end IMO, I don't think anyone is "stubbornly and enthusiastically" supporting shits like Biden, they just have a lesser of two evils position that has been outlined to you several times. I tend toward your view of the dangers of making that compromise but I don't think people are mad or wrong (ETA actually I do think they're wrong, not wrong-headed I should have said :D ) to think differently and can see the sense in the arguments made. Maybe you should stick to setting out you own position rather than telling other people what theirs is in the most uncharitable interpretation, because of course that gets people's backs up and the conversation nowhere.

Your problem is stuff like at the end IMO, I don't think anyone is "stubbornly and enthusiastically" supporting shits like Biden, they just have a lesser of two evils position that has been outlined to you several times.
Stubbornly doubling down on electoralist and reformist politics if you ask me (probably partly coz its the easy option - even if its not effective). I understand that its up to the individual if they vote or not but we desperately need to go beyond the diversion of electoralism. And the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Last edited:
We desperately need to go beyond the diversion of electoralism and let the far-right republicans back into office.

Stubbornly doubling down on electoralist and reformist politics if you ask me (probably partly coz its the easy option - even if its not effective). I understand that its up to the individual if they vote or not but we desperately need to go beyond the diversion of electoralism. And the lesser of two evils is still evil.
There's clearly a case of 'needs must' to keep fascists and their army of useful delusionals away from control. In my opinion like.

There's clearly a case of 'needs must' to keep fascists and their army of useful delusionals away from control. In my opinion like.
Electoralism/capitalism has led us to the ultra-nationalists being on the verge of control, so why persist with it? Whats stopping us from going beyond the dire limitations of electoralism?

Electoralism/capitalism has led us to the fascists being on the verge of control, so why persist with it? Whats stopping us from going beyond just limited electoralism?
I'm not sure electorialism and capitalism are two sides of the same coin with the / inbetween

If we went "beyond just electoralism", would we not be accepting electoralism?
No because if we go beyond just electoralism the far right will immediately see the error of their ways and just give up. Leading to green fields and happiness :)

Electoralism/capitalism has led us to the ultra-nationalists being on the verge of control, so why persist with it? Whats stopping us from going beyond the dire limitations of electoralism?
So how do you stop the far right from taking over the US government?

Strange. When I say "let's not just have pizza", I don't usually mean "pizza can fuck off". Whatever, though. It's your language too.
I've edited my post. And as I've said on here before on this subject, electoralism gets in the way of and undermines the autonomous, grass roots alternative and people become too dependent on politicians - which is very bad news. We are stronger when we come together and properly resist capitalism and fascism and act for ourselves, on our own terms and in our own way.

Last edited:
They're both closley linked
Electorialism the tool of capitalism though? I think I essentially mostly agree. Would always tick a box to keep outright nutters at bay, though. But if that is where the engagement begins and ends then yes, the options are restricted and 'capitalism' will oppress us forever.

Back
Top Bottom