Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Robert F Kennedy's time is up?

article from the time

From a follow-up story:

Calls were made to a retired Bronx homicide commander, Vernon Gerberth. “It wouldn’t be a police matter,” he said, “unless the bear was killed by a person, or if somebody was keeping it as a pet and brought it to the park. People are crazy.”

the new yorker article made a splash but a month ago there was another and equally devastating one

Twenty years ago Robert F. Kennedy Jr. appeared in an HBO documentary about the dangers of a nuclear plant on the Hudson River. Indian Point: Imagining the Unimaginable, directed by his sister Rory Kennedy, pits the crusading Kennedys, pictured flying in a helicopter over the nuclear facility, against Entergy, the power company. The film argued that the surrounding environment would be made uninhabitable if the plant came under terrorist attack.

This was necessarily a high-stakes confrontation. In anticipation, Rory warned her production team they had a potential liability: Her brother, though a prominent and successful environmental lawyer known for suing polluters, could be fast and loose with the facts. “He can say some crazy shit,” she told them, according to a person involved in the film. Kennedy’s interviews had to be thoroughly fact-checked “even though he might come across as an expert,” she said. “That’s who he is.”

Sure enough, the film had already been edited when producers discovered that Kennedy’s interviews were littered with inflated and inaccurate claims, rendering portions of the film unusable. “It was like, Holy shit,” says another source familiar with events. “We have to get the audio and cut certain things out. We can’t really say this. You can be sued!”

RFK Jr. reportedly planning to drop out on Friday and endorse Trump

In unrelated news, Sirhan Sirhan has been eligible for parole for about 20 years now
Yeah i think trump has offered him a cabinet postion. Saw a headline earlier.

This helps Trump. Polls suggest that more of Kennedy's supporters will move to Trump than to Harris. The conspiraloon vote.

This helps Trump. Polls suggest that more of Kennedy's supporters will move to Trump than to Harris. The conspiraloon vote.

I am not sure it does.

TBH think the people who were going to vote RFK are familiar with both main parties and their candidates, and didn't want to vote for them. He was the only other option, and I would imagine the majority of them won't vote for the two candidates after he steps down - I mean, its not as if he has an actual personal following. He was always a fake candidate.

I am not sure it does.

TBH think the people who were going to vote RFK are familiar with both main parties and their candidates, and didn't want to vote for them. He was the only other option, and I would imagine the majority of them won't vote for the two candidates after he steps down - I mean, its not as if he has an actual personal following. He was always a fake candidate.
You think?, I'd put money on more of his followers going for Trump than Harris regardless of how many just dont vote, numbers probably tiny but will only go one way imo

I am not sure it does.

Personally agree with that, hopefully they’re more likely to just stay home.

Also read somewhere that RFK voters actually like the idea of him being on the ‘outside’ and Trump offering him a position means he’d then be on ‘inside’, not so attractive to them, sort of makes sense.

You think?, I'd put money on more of his followers going for Trump than Harris regardless of how many just dont vote, numbers probably tiny but will only go one way imo

I don’t think they necessarily will, I agree they won’t vote for Harris but to say they’ll go for Trump is very debatable. I mean they could have done that at any point up to now and haven’t observably done so.

Them not voting or doing write-ins are more likely than voting Trump. A lot of the commentary in the media saying this will benefit Trump comes from the same people who said he (RFK) would pose a threat to the Dem vote, something which never happened and which they effectively admit was nonsense with this latest theory.

Strong Florida man vibes

Kennedy, who endorsed the former president after dropping out of November’s election, fell under scrutiny in recent weeks after the resurfacing of a 2012 interview that his daughter Kick gave to Town & Country in which she addressed the whale in question.

Recounting how the creature washed up on a beach near Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, she said, “[He] ran down to the beach with a chainsaw, cut off the whale’s head and then bungee-corded it to the roof of the family minivan for the five-hour haul back to Mount Kisco, New York.

“Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet. We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day to day stuff for us.”

Back
Top Bottom