Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden

My impression of Harris during the primary was that she doesn't believe much of anything........constant political platitudes. Seems most everything she said was calculated and focus grouped and programmed into her by consultants. But her selection isn't surprising and may help Biden win. So fine.

Status quo maintained, then.

Status quo maintained, then.
Yep. A pure politician in the worst sense of the word. She and Biden will say anything if it polls well. I would have much preferred Warren on the ticket. But she turned a lot of Democrats off. I think she scared them since she was a fighter. But Trump has got to go and maybe this bland pair can win and hopefully take some Republican congress people down with them.

Didn’t America become much more pro-Israel following the the six-day war (Israel proving its military usefulness/strength and the messianic loons getting excited about Jerusalem)?

Six day war was seen as triumph of plucky underdog attacked for no reason over here too.

Fewer religious nuts (Jew or Gentile) here though

I guess my question is did the intense American support for Israel stem from the six day war? What was the attitude towards Israel and Palestine before then?

Fewer religious nuts (Jew or Gentile) here though

I guess my question is did the intense American support for Israel stem from the six day war? What was the attitude towards Israel and Palestine before then?
Actually, it goes back to shortly after the foundation of the state of Israel. It certainly accelerated after '67

Economist says that Biden has a 6 in 7 chance of winning.

The model assumes he wins Florida and Pennsylvania though.

the latter, almost certain. he's from there, for one thing. The former, lap of the gods. Florida has a big latino vote though - most of whom won't be hugely impressed by Trump's racism towards Latinos

on another message board i've seen this morning the claim that biden took a sentence of his speech last night from "canada". no attribution, no quotation, etc. could be something to watch as a lesson in rightwing internet-era rumor mongering.

on another message board i've seen this morning the claim that biden took a sentence of his speech last night from "canada". no attribution, no quotation, etc. could be something to watch as a lesson in rightwing internet-era rumor mongering.
The Shellac song?

What did he say that was Canadian?

chairman bob endorses biden.

In Avakian’s 4,000-plus word statement, he calls the Democratic candidate an “instrument” of the “exploitative, oppressive, and literally murderous system of capitalism-imperialism,”

This guy actually hits the nail squarely on the head
Biden is not “‘better’ than Trump, in any meaningful way—except that he is not Trump.”
Biden is irrelevant really, this election is entirely about the Cheeto-in-Chief and his dumpster fire presidency, It's a vote to keep him or get rid of him whether he is replaced by Biden or the PG Tips monkey

Biden is not “‘better’ than Trump, in any meaningful way—except that he is not Trump.”
Biden is irrelevant really, this election is entirely about the Cheeto-in-Chief and his dumpster fire presidency, It's a vote to keep him or get rid of him whether he is replaced by Biden or the PG Tips monkey
agreed 100% - spot on.
having said that. If they implrement just some of the Green New Deal stuff in the platform, it will make it all seem worthwhile.

Biden doesn't truly represent what the American people really warn. That is, leave the rotten establishment American way behiind and turn to 'socially' responsible capitalism that actually cares about the middle class and lower on the ladder. So he's still iffy because he's missing that necessary appeal.

Biden is just lucky that most of the people are going to vote for anybody but the sociopath/narcissist president, so that should do it.

If not, I assure ya'all that Canadians don't really care all that much. The sociopath bodes as well for peace with the nuke club of nation as does Biden. Maybe even a better chance of peace with Trump!

Otherwide, for domestic policy in the US? Vote Trump and he will make your country a fascist state easily within his next 4 years.

That is a terrible approach though, and it will probably backfire. I remember a lot of the discussion after 2016 was around the fact that Republicans win when people don't turn up; Obama won both of his elections easily because people liked him, same as Bill Clinton, they were really charismatic and smart and so on.
If you take a longer view of it and forget that Trump is special it kind of seems like business as usual. Trump is really unpopular but he is running against a boring opponent so a lot of people will just not bother turning up, especially in these difficult times. 2012 The Republicans ran Romney against Obama because they liked him but he was never going to win
2008 The Republicans ran McCain against Obama because they liked him but he was never going to win
2004 The Democrats ran Kerry against Bush because they liked him....
2000 Al Gore...
1996 Bob Dole...

There is a pattern of rubbish people running against the incumbent and losing,

Back
Top Bottom