Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden

From the article I quoted:

Yes you are correct that was regarding other sexual allegations made against Biden and not Tara Reade.

Nonetheless, during the Bret Kavanaugh Senate confirmation hearings the Democrats including Harris believed that all women should be believed, to which Harris gave Reade not the time of day.

“Kamala Harris is my representative and I reached out to her for help. No response. Joe Biden sexually assaulted and harassed me. All the rest of political discussion is noise and an effort to distract from the serious lack of justice I experienced at his hands…”

Tara Reade.

I think my point stands regarding Harris’s selective sympathy for women who accuse men of sexual assault for highly likely political reasons.

Yes you are correct that was regarding other sexual allegations made against Biden and not Tara Reade.
Thank you.
Nonetheless, during the Bret Kavanaugh Senate confirmation hearings the Democrats including Harris believed that all women should be believed, to which Harris gave Reade not the time of day.
Please supply a proper link, quoting Harris, rather than your unsupported assertions.

Please supply a proper link, quoting Harris, rather than your unsupported assertions.

‘Believe Women’ was a statement the entire Democrat party used as a slogan at the Senate confirmation hearings - it’s not the case of requiring specific politicians quoting agreement with it but finding one who opposed it to which afaik amount to zero.

‘Believe Women’ was a statement the entire Democrat party used as a slogan at the Senate confirmation hearings - it’s not the case of requiring specific politicians quoting agreement with it but finding one who opposed it to which afaik amount to zero.
"Believe women" is not the same as "believe all women".

Kamala Harris... good choice.

Sounds like it:

"On Tuesday, he choose California junior senator, former state attorney general Kamala Harris as running mate.

Calling her a “fearless fighter for the little guy (sic), and one of the country’s finest public servants (sic)” defied reality.

Her disturbing public record is polar opposite this description, why Dem power brokers chose her as Biden’s running mate.

Her prosecutorial/political history is pockmarked with serving privileged interests and her own exclusively at the expense of due process and equal justice under law.

Her record belies her claim to be a judicial reformer, just the opposite ..."

Biden Picks Anti-Progressive Kamala Harris as Running Mate

It has the same connotation and implies the same messaging meant to convey. Certainly at the time of the Kavanaugh Senate hearings.
No. the addition of "all" is a right wing canard, used by Fox News and others, to turn the laudable expression "believe women" into a ridiculous and unsupportable one. So, please provide actual links to quotes of Harris saying she "believe(s) all women".

No. the addition of "all" is a right wing canard, used by Fox News and others, to turn the laudable expression "believe women" into a ridiculous and unsupportable one. So, please provide actual links to quotes of Harris saying she "believe(s) all women".

:facepalm:

Yep - this writer did some research and found that the overwhelming majority of people using the #BelieveAllWomen hashtag instead of #BelieveWomen were right-wingers.

The ultimate hypocrisy would be a women’s movement that rallies behind the banner of reductive hashtags about what every woman thinks. Feminism was birthed out of a desire that women be treated as individuals, not as a cookie-cutter ideal or a faceless stereotype. When I searched databases for women’s actual statements on “believe all women,” what I found were appeals by women not to be defined in universal terms — “I do not believe all women are born with the desire to reproduce” or “I don’t believe all women’s interests are the same” — and outrage at attempts to categorize their sex.

An insight into how vicious this election is going to be:

Why on earth Trump is pushing this conspiracy crud?

troll.jpg

My impression of Harris during the primary was that she doesn't believe much of anything........constant political platitudes. Seems most everything she said was calculated and focus grouped and programmed into her by consultants. But her selection isn't surprising and may help Biden win. So fine.

An insight into how vicious this election is going to be:

Why on earth Trump is pushing this conspiracy crud?
Aside from the absurdity of it stuff like this if it has any appeal its only to the Trump die hards. Either his strategists seem to be incapable of reaching beyond the converted or Trump just cant help himself.

Back
Top Bottom