Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Italy v Spain - Tuesday 06/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Close, but 2-1 to the Italians. Spain are erratic and vulnerable and Italy have been consistently good to excellent and are make likely to take control of the game. Also Spain played a gruelling extra time and penalties and may well tire first.

Close, but 2-1 to the Italians. Spain are erratic and vulnerable and Italy have been consistently good to excellent and are make likely to take control of the game. Also Spain played a gruelling extra time and penalties and may well tire first.
Didn't Italy have a game where they struggled? But yeah, I think they'll win, should be close though.

Looking forward to it, proper tie this.

I'm excited about this. I'm doing an online pub quiz which should finish just in time to watch live. I'll not need to, I'll hear who wins, the roar from the bar will tell me if it is Spain.

I don't think I can decide who, or when, I want Spain 🇪🇦 but maybe Italy will take it...

Didn't Italy have a game where they struggled? But yeah, I think they'll win, should be close though.

Looking forward to it, proper tie this.
Austria game was difficult for them - 0-0 at full time, 2-1 in extra time

32 games unbeaten for Italy now, last defeat was in September 2018 to Portugal

My reading of Spain has been that they concede loads of chances from the opposing team , and make loads of chances ( normally from crosses) and are hit and miss in converting those chances. To me thats not the best recipe against an Italian team that creates, isnt afraid to shoot, is defensively resilient and whose midfield is strong. However anything can happen in a semi final but I'll take Italy to win .

My reading of Spain has been that they concede loads of chances from the opposing team , and make loads of chances ( normally from crosses) and are hit and miss in converting those chances. To me thats not the best recipe against an Italian team that creates, isnt afraid to shoot, is defensively resilient and whose midfield is strong. However anything can happen in a semi final but I'll take Italy to win .
I think that reading is spot on. It will be interesting to see how much losing Spinazzola will affect Italy. What's impressed me most about them has been the way they have bombed forwards during attacks. Spinazzola has been at the heart of that.

Head and heart say Italy. I think Spain are more than a little fortunate to have made it this far.

Most things seem to suggest an Italian win so its hard to look past that. It is a semi though and I wouldn't put it past Italy to choke so I'm finding it a real difficult one to call.

Spain do score and concede regularly though and Italy have been scoring a lot of goals. 3-1 Italy.

I'm no massive fan of Spain, but I hope they go through. The embarrassing display by Ciro Immobile trying to feign injury has put me right off Italy.

Yep, the Austrians ran them much closer than people care to remember.
Italy then clicked in extra time.

Italy didn't play well in normal time in that match. But they weren't losing. Bit like England vs Scotland. Like England, they've won every other match with good displays. The only goal they've conceded in normal time was the Lukaku pen vs Belgium.

One iffy performance in which you ground out a result next to four excellent wins. Both Italy and England have been as good thus far as anyone has a right to expect any team to be, imo.

Who’s gonna ‘click’ is what seems to matter. Both have big strengths and weaknesses. Italy will score, almost impossible to believe they won’t. Spain should score, but….

2-1 in extra time. Or 3-2. Or something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom