Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is that detective_boy in the new Labour Party ad?

You seem to get on alright with the filth why shouldn't anyone else.
He can get on with whoever he likes. The fun bit is him coming on here making stuff up and being abusive and going away with his tail feathers well and truly singed. As ever.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he was short-tempered, as much as reacting to being incessantly badgered by the armchair revolutionaries of thither fields. He was a useful asset to get legal/arrest advice from, but some very vocal posters didn't like his background. It was like watching a bull getting mauled by pigeons for three years.

I remember at school in Sutton Coldfield, mid eighties, about 12 years old. There was this local guy. He was known to us as "Mad Dave".

He was easily provoked. The hard kids in the local schools would round on him.

They could always get a reaction out of Mad Dave. Stories went around. He had a plate in his head. He was sectioned. He was a mental. Mad Dave. Always the entertainment for the hard kids. "Ha ha ha! Look at Mad Dave!".

As it progressed some of them got, not fists - against his metal plate, his anger - but bits of scaff. I remember seeing one scene outside the Odeon... mad Dave was swinging like a mad man. He was clearly mad. Surrounded by about ten of the hard kids. Angry! Like he was mad!

The teenagers, the hard ones, *needed* scaff poles against Mad Dave in the end. He was getting madder right? Beat him harder.

Last edited:
I remember at school in Sutton Coldfield, mid eighties, about 12 years old. There was this local guy. He was known to us as "Mad Dave".

They could always get a reaction out of Mad Dave. Stories went around. He had a plate in his head. He was sectioned. He was a mental. Mad Dave. Always the entertainment for the hard kids. "Ha ha ha! Look at Mad Dave!".

As it progressed some of them got, not fists - against his metal plate, his anger - but bits of scaff. I remember seeing one scene outside the Odeon... mad Dave was swinging like a mad man. He was clearly mad. Surrounded by about ten of the hard kids. Angry! Like he was mad!

The teenagers, the hard ones, *needed* scaff poles against Mad Dave in the end. He was getting madder right? Beat him harder.

I was expecting this story to end with Mad Dave joining the police.

I was expecting this story to end with Mad Dave joining the police.

I don't know what happened to Mad Dave. My parents moved away. When I later came back to visit, my schoolmates were 18 or so and there wasn't much talk about Mad Dave by then. People had other things to deal with. Mad Dave was never really their big issue. Just some fun.

DB wasn't bullied like Mad Dave, he just approached every discussion believing his knowledge put him in a position of absolute superiority. He'd come out with a lot of facts and legal jargon, and act like he'd settled everything. And when people put forth completely valid opinions that differed from his own, he'd come out with more jargon and start acting all annoyed.

Then he'd start rolling his eyes a lot :rolleyes: and begin asking people how much time they'd spent in courtrooms or whatever. Then he'd start calling people stupid, then he'd call them fuckwits and cunts, and he'd get the responses he deserved.

And apparently this escalated to him making legal threats via PM, which is why he doesn't post here anymore.

That's a nice story and I'm sure you haven't polished it up at all to push the point you're making. I don't think the same applies for d_b because he received unconditional support from certain sections of the posting population who felt that it was important to have a visible representative of plod posting here (perhaps in Brian's absence). Your story would have been more relevant to his situation if 25% of the local kids had called him 'wonderful Dave' and spent all their time telling him how important his presence was to the community.

There have been double figures of police or ex-police posting here over the years, including a couple who still post regularly. None of them except him have made quite such a big deal of their job (or in his case former job).

That could go back and forth. :)

I don't think there's any big disagreement with a few things.

I met him once. He was *exactly* as he was here. I mean, to the letter. Most people aren't. We bluster away, be argumentative, but most of us are - in real life - a bit more soft and empathic.

There never was empathic with DB.

Except there was, and in ways none of us would frankly bother with. My profession is IT. Would I bother to actually help anyone privately? No. Too much the sound of my own voice.

DB was, tbf, in dealings with anyone, mental. Wound up beyond belief, and he really needed to step away, and think through how he interacted with people. But, the board-based kickings weren't urbans finest hour.

More musings.

Me and the girlfriend were rinsing some buildings. They're listed here somewhere, under the "missions' tag.

We got totally screwed on one. We'd been under Buckingham Palace. Our intention, sure, but not to get busted

Surrounded by men with guns on our exit. I was fucked off. We ended up in seperate cells at Belgravia. There's nothing worse, really, when all you can hear from your partner is a voice down the cell corridor. I was then more fucked off about getting DNAd.

We got released.

I'd say I got better advice from DB - post event - than I could have ever got from a solicitor.

He's definitely marmite. But don't dismiss.

Last edited:
More musings.

Me and the girlfriend were rinsing some buildings. They're listed here somewhere, under the "missions' tag.

We got totally screwed on one. We'd been under Buckingham Palace. Our intention, sure, but not to get busted.
I literally have no idea what any of that means.

More musings.

We got totally screwed on one. We'd been under Buckingham Palace. Our intention, sure, but not to get busted

Surrounded by men with guns on our exit. I was fucked off. We ended up in seperate cells at Belgravia. There's nothing worse, really, when all you can hear from your partner is a voice down the cell corridor. I was then more fucked off about getting DNAd.

We got released.

I'd say I got better advice from DB - post event - than I could have ever got from a solicitor.

He's definitely marmite. But don't dismiss.
The advice he gave me following a wrongful arrest was also sound.

Doesn't excuse his behaviour on here, though. I don't remember the exact context of my various run-ins with him on here, but it invariably started with him making a ridiculous defence of the police, which revealed not only a staggering (or lying) ignorance of what can happen but also a bunch of prejudices about anybody who has run-ins with the police. A contradictory character given his genuine helpfulness by pm towards people who have run-ins with the police, but to anybody who hadn't seen that side to him, he just looked like a bullying sweary cunt with limited powers of reasoning.

It was context. I'll try to surface a few old postings, but they're not the focus.
I don’t think you get what I’m saying. I’m not questioning why you posted it; I’m saying that you might get as well have posted in German for all that I comprehended it.

Let’s start with: what the hell is “rinsing some buildings”??

The advice he gave me following a wrongful arrest was also sound.

Doesn't excuse his behaviour on here, though. I don't remember the exact context of my various run-ins with him on here, but it invariably started with him making a ridiculous defence of the police, which revealed not only a staggering (or lying) ignorance of what can happen but also a bunch of prejudices about anybody who has run-ins with the police. A contradictory character given his genuine helpfulness by pm towards people who have run-ins with the police, but to anybody who hadn't seen that side to him, he just looked like a bullying sweary cunt with limited powers of reasoning.

When I met him, he was absolutely as clear as day. Very determined (and it seemed informed) views. No messing. There was an incredible knowledge of the police and the process, and absolutely no empathy with anything that wasn't his world view.

It wasn't so much about the police being right (blimey he could talk quite the opposite), but more about why *his* view of the police was the key thing.

Back
Top Bottom