Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

wg47yuts1dud1.png

It is, but I've always thought Twitter was a shitty platform, suitable mostly for narcissists, trolls, and other miscreants. It has some minor value for giving us a few voices in places in the news. but that value is overshadowed by giving the far-right more legitimacy than they deserve.
Never got on with it even pre musk. Joined, bunged people on that were apparently good on it that I liked from other things. Still didn't see any use in it. Always thought I must have used it wrong somehow.

It is, but I've always thought Twitter was a shitty platform, suitable mostly for narcissists, trolls, and other miscreants. It has some minor value for giving us a few voices in places in the news. but that value is overshadowed by giving the far-right more legitimacy than they deserve.

Yes, I gave up on Twitter before Musk took over. Something about the short-form structure of the site seemed to me to be an encouragement to bad-faith engagement and clout-chasing. Twitter even had a right-wing bias before being acquired by the Apartheid Manbaby, which just goes to show that he thought it wasn't fascist enough.

Ha yeh that would be a nice idea, I've been very sick for 3 days and it's been more relaxing than working.
For all the tech development over the last 50 years have we been freed up more to do what we want? Nah. Less trips to the post office tho I guess. Still a forty hour week, still just two days off. With all this stuff we probably all could be working a few hours a day I suspect.

This is what Musk will probably release in a few years time (It'll have his major thought patterns as it's base code):

musk robot.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Ax^
TBF developing a stable bipedal robot is no mean feat.

True, but that's not good enough for Musk and his cronies on the board. One can't massively overvalue a company like Tesla on the basis of actual achievements. They need to absolutely maximise the capital brought in by gullible investors, and if that means lying and making promises that will inevitably be broken, then so be it. Even the SEC, usually asleep at the wheel when it comes to Musk's fuckery, have rapped his knuckles on a couple of occasions, instead of throwing him in prison where he belongs. This shit can't fall apart fast enough IMO.

True, but that's not good enough for Musk and his cronies on the board. One can't massively overvalue a company like Tesla on the basis of actual achievements. They need to absolutely maximise the capital brought in by gullible investors, and if that means lying and making promises that will inevitably be broken, then so be it. Even the SEC, usually asleep at the wheel when it comes to Musk's fuckery, have rapped his knuckles on a couple of occasions, instead of throwing him in prison where he belongs. This shit can't fall apart fast enough IMIMO.
Well yeh they have a tech futures P/E ratio whilst plopping out increasingly bad EVs compared to the competition. Mainly cos there is some now.

Market cap is insane, they just said self driving cars every year and made bank off it. Now they don't even have the best tech for it. Biggest real long lasting asset they have seems to be the US charging network. They did have a huge markup on the cars but that's continually been diminished.

The cybercar seems the end of the line for innovation. Using 80s graphic rendering for a car design that rusts if it gets wet. Then shitting on the people most likely to buy an EV via a platform he bought then wrecked. It's a remarkably bad marketing strategy. Those rolling coal won't buy an electric car. The lower end will buy a more suitable one. The higher end will wonder why quite quickly. Ford 150 has been the highest selling vehicle for ages, now the ford lightning is out, why switch brands if you don't want a coal roller anyway.

Seems to be the definition of failing upwards, except in that weird jump where even trump side eyed him.

It will be very good if he fucks everything up, it’ll be a good light to see him in. People might take a second guess next time one of these masters of the universe rolls in

There was a recent graphic showing Tesla as the only EV manufacturer with lower market share (about -13% in first quarter I think) with the five or six other increasing by 20% or so.

There was a recent graphic showing Tesla as the only EV manufacturer with lower market share (about -13% in first quarter I think) with the five or six other increasing by 20% or so.

Once Tesla demonstrated that one could design and build a successful modern mass-market EV, it was only a matter of time until (what Musk might sneeringly refer to as) "legacy" car manufacturers caught up. If it weren't for Musk's fucking up, Tesla could remain a key player in this latter-day revival of the electric road vehicle, but he's plainly pissing all that away as best he can.

fascinating and insightful interview wtih Nick Land, he of "accelerationism" theory. People like musk fit neatly into this kind of discourse and theorising. AI, capitalism and the future is what is generally covered and i hung on every word. He's as popular on the right as he is on the left, and one of the smartest folk thinking about tech at the moment IMO

He's a racist fuck. Why are you promoting his shit on two different threads?

Yes, I gave up on Twitter before Musk took over. Something about the short-form structure of the site seemed to me to be an encouragement to bad-faith engagement and clout-chasing. Twitter even had a right-wing bias before being acquired by the Apartheid Manbaby, which just goes to show that he thought it wasn't fascist enough.

Yeah, it was always awful for exchanging disagreement. It was - and probably still is - good for connecting with like-minded individuals and sharing information with them. Over the years I built up a social network that was very valuable to me - both personally and professionally - but no longer feel I can post on there (I still passively lurk a bit) because of how dreadful Musk is. I feel really pissed off that he has deprived me of a community that mattered to me.

Mark O Connell had an interesting take down of Musk on Saturday making an inverse plutocrat bowing down to Trump instead of instructing. Pretty scathing on the Musk cult and calls musk what he really is, a shit board moderator.

Imagine Musk moderating on here. :D

I wonder who the U75 version of Musk would be if one of our posters ousted editor in an impossible coup. Marty1? Steelgate?
Do we have any spoilt grifting techbro manbabies here? Oh…

Back
Top Bottom