Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

I have no idea how Tesla and/or musk haven't been successfully sued from here to next Wednesday given their blatant lies about "Full Self-Driving"... :mad:

Saw an article that remaining advertisers are reconsidering twitter after his action against the ones who are unfairly boycotting him. Quite likely I'd have thought, but it didn't seem to be quoting any of them.
What, the mass of investment/crypto scams (often using famous people without their consent) and drop-shipping rip offs which are the only remaining advertisers as far as I see?

Doesn’t seem to be hurting Tesla’s valuation that much

Attachments

• 003E89E2-C145-45F1-9DB1-03E50DEC3A1E.png
    003E89E2-C145-45F1-9DB1-03E50DEC3A1E.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
Doesn’t seem to be hurting Tesla’s valuation that much
What's "brand value" and how is that measured (I mean I know "in billions of dollars", but how is it worked out)?

Edit: I realised I could just Google it.

Today’s appreciation of the power of brands means that there is deep thinking, and as a result, a wide array of perspectives on what makes a brand successful, how brands interact with consumer psychology, and even what the true definition of brand should be. Unsurprisingly then, measuring brand value can be complex and confusing without a clear strategy in mind.
Sigh.

I dunno, Tesla's stock price seems to bear no relation to its actual situation. I keep expecting it to be Emperor's New Clothes when things like falling sales figures, rivals emerging, or just the plain old "these wild tech promises aren't happening" bit comes to a head, but it seems to be able to survive on pure speculation.
Tesla is a lot like Bitcoin in that regard. It's riding on the crest of a wave of fucking divs.

What's "brand value" and how is that measured (I mean I know "in billions of dollars", but how is it worked out)?

Edit: I realised I could just Google it.

Sigh.
Marketers marketing marketing. Very meta. 🤟

Back
Top Bottom