Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Really their own fault for using a truck to shift stuff :rolleyes:

Tesla Cybertrucks are proving to be absolutely dogshit when it comes to doing truck stuff. Now, we’ve got another example of just that. A Cybertruck Owners Club forum user made a post at the end of last week detailing the damage his truck sustained by hauling something it was supposed to handle with ease.

User xhawk101 posted on the forum that he was hauling a load of 12-foot composite decking boards. Despite double-checking that the truck’s payload capacity wasn’t exceeded, the load apparently shifted and put too much weight on the tailgate. Now, that tailgate is warped. Luckily for him, it still shifts, but pictures on the forum show that stainless steel body panels don’t line up anymore. He added, “Perhaps I should have known, but alas I was unaware of the potential.” Buddy, it’s not your fault your shitty truck is falling apart around you.

I hate that the news people have got "free speech absolutist" in their heads as a phrase for Musk. If too lazy to actually interrogate the line then at least tag it "self described" ffs.

Exactly, though of course like all the other self-described free speech absolutists the free speech doesn't include things he doesnt like. Where his plane is / has been, for example.

Looks like he's getting sued, along with JK Rowling now over the slurs against Olympic gold medalist boxer, Imane Khalif

He got away with calling that diver a paedo, so he will probably lawer his way out of this too, sadly.

Exactly, though of course like all the other self-described free speech absolutists the free speech doesn't include things he doesnt like. Where his plane is / has been, for example.
The most moving and beautiful example of this recently was Tommy Robinson screaming about the mail hunting him down and plastering his bolt hole all over the web.

Use the words “Cisgender” or “Gammon” on this self described “free speech absolutist”’s platform and you get a note asking if you really want to use the words, and if you persist, a note saying that “the visibility of your post has been limited” whatever that means.

However, report ErnieHimmler88’s post saying all Jews, Muslims and trans people should be rounded up and put in camps with any of the left that his preferred regime has not exterminated and you get an email saying he hasn’t broken any of their rules…

Use the words “Cisgender” or “Gammon” on this self described “free speech absolutist”’s platform and you get a note asking if you really want to use the words, and if you persist, a note saying that “the visibility of your post has been limited” whatever that means.

However, report ErnieHimmler88’s post saying all Jews, Muslims and trans people should be rounded up and put in camps with any of the left that his preferred regime has not exterminated and you get an email saying he hasn’t broken any of their rules…

Pre-Musk Twitter used to do that though.

Pre-Musk Twitter used to do that though.
I think the addition of “Cisgender” to the naughty list is a more recent innovation based on Musk’s conspiracism-rich transphobia though.

And whilst pre-Musk Twitter moderation was often lenient on racists and sexists, it did used to generally boot or suspend open, violence-advocating neo-Nazis if people reported them - under Musk they appear to have a free pass.

I think the addition of “Cisgender” to the naughty list is a more recent innovation based on Musk’s conspiracism-rich transphobia though.

And whilst pre-Musk Twitter moderation was often lenient on racists and sexists, it did used to generally boot or suspend open, violence-advocating neo-Nazis if people reported them - under Musk they appear to have a free pass.

That wasn't my experience, even with blatant antisemites.

Back
Top Bottom