Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Whatever the daft bastard's done now has proper knackered it, before I used to be able to use nitter when actual twitter was playing up but whatever the latest change is has completely broken that as well. Guess I'll just have to not look at tweets until that changes?

On this note it’s worth saying he’s blocked twatter for non registered users so we’ll see how that shakes out

Going to make looking at some threads here very strange
yep noticed that, not that it let you read much previously without an account anyway, thread reader app it is for anything interesting if they haven't broken it.

yep noticed that, not that it let you read much previously without an account anyway, thread reader app it is for anything interesting if they haven't broken it.

Probably the worst thing they done is cropped tweets so you can only scroll down and see the first 3-4 replies before you get that shit "DISCOVER MORE" sending you random bollocks.

It's broken again (for me at least):

It's all being done in an attempt to get people to sign up to Twitter. Really hope it backfires on them.

it's broken here as well - can occasionally see one thing, then get the 'rate limited' bollocks.

i have a twitter account - or do you mean encourage people to sign up for a paid for version? in which case space karen can fuck off...

i have a twitter account - or do you mean encourage people to sign up for a paid for version? in which case space karen can fuck off...

I was thinking of the thing of not allowing one to view tweets unless logged in was part of some ham-fisted scheme to get more people to sign up or log back in. I think the "rate limited" problem is a separate issue cause by the shitty management style and staff-cutting by His Muskiness.

Alt text for above tweet:

Elon Musk

To address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation, we've applied the following temporary limits:

• Verified accounts are limited to reading 6000 posts/day
  • Unverified accounts to 600 posts/day
  • New unverified accounts to 300/day

6:01 pm · 01 Jul 23 · 1.5M Views

4,592 Retweets 9,340 Quotes 18.2 Likes

Sacks all the techies

Doesn't pay the server bill

Suddenly it's " extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation" that's the problem.

The man's an idiot and, worse still, takes us all for idiots also.

How diiiiid this man get so fucking famous and rich???? It sure as hell wasn't talent, intelligence, ethics or hard work. 🤬

Edited to add this tweet:

A lot of quite annoyed people on twitter right now

😁

Last edited:
Obviously a bug/fuck up than actual limit.

You sure about that? Seems to me like it would actually be pretty easy to blow through the limit of 300/600 posts per day for unverified accounts (by which I assume he means the ones who aren't the fuckwits who paid for Twitter Blue).

You sure about that? Seems to me like it would actually be pretty easy to blow through the limit of 300/600 posts per day for unverified accounts (by which I assume he means the ones who aren't the fuckwits who paid for Twitter Blue).
Only showing up for me when I look at an accounts tweet, still able to look at tweets in my feed. Also no message to sign up to get more acces. Def seems like a bug.

I've been getting the limits message having looked at a couple dozen posts at most. Definitely a fuckup.

I think he's had to do this as an emergency measure while his tech team frantically archive old data.

If you have anything old you like I'd suggest make a copy before he "clears tweets older than X years" to make it more "efficient"

He'll U-turn, as surely as if he'd announced he's going to march on Moscow. Or have a fight in Las Vegas.
Those things though they make sense for a moment at least in an impetuous sort of way. This here is more like " good morrow, i am here to inform you that I did absolutely intend to drop my toast with the butter side down, by reason of there being a temporary lack of butter on the floor' . Its just a fuckup.

Back
Top Bottom