Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

A recent take from Mastodon.

🤔
Thought this was worth reposting, from Mastodon:

"Every time you post on Twitter, you produce value for the advertisers.
You tell everyone in your network there that it's OK to stay. That you're all helpless to leave.

You tell the people who've lost their jobs, the people who are being hounded and harassed, that they are not important to you.

You know you're going to be ashamed of it later.

Just stop posting.

Do it here, not there. Connect here, not there.

Don't reply, don't like, don't retweet.

Stop feeding your life into the machine."

The strangling of a homeless Black man on the New York City subway seems to have been the impetus for Musk to start promoting a lot more white supremacist talking points, I hope it all comes crashing down for him sooner rather than later

View attachment 373937
Nicely debunked here.

So Muskie wants to be a press baron of some sort. He realises the leverage that the press had is up for grabs in a now online world and Twitter is perfectly poised for that. He dosnt care who he pisses of, just wants some of that influence to be his
As much as the media do have leverage. What has happened to it over the last decade or so has been depressing up until this year was turning into look what we read on twitter, at the moment seems to be look what we got AI to say. Won't end well for anybody

So Muskie wants to be a press baron of some sort. He realises the leverage that the press had is up for grabs in a now online world and Twitter is perfectly poised for that. He dosnt care who he pisses of, just wants some of that influence to be his
Muskie?

7062678-musky.jpg

Speculation around NBCUniversal's head of advertising... So... continue micromanaging all the tech stuff and have someone else to blame for the financial side?

I mean it could work? a bit? though probably not if he actually keeps any level of visibility/control.

Thought this was worth reposting, from Mastodon:

"Every time you post on Twitter, you produce value for the advertisers.
You tell everyone in your network there that it's OK to stay. That you're all helpless to leave.

You tell the people who've lost their jobs, the people who are being hounded and harassed, that they are not important to you.

You know you're going to be ashamed of it later.

Just stop posting.

Do it here, not there. Connect here, not there.

Don't reply, don't like, don't retweet.

Stop feeding your life into the machine."

Yes!

I don't like reducing things to individual actions, but everyone should think carefully and long about where they find value in these monitised machines that have taken over conciousness itself to a large part. If there is little or no value, if there is negative value, then...account>apps>delete.

honestly - is that an act of missing out or an act of liberation? for me it was the latter. fuck 'em!

Have we seen this?

Various environmental and community groups who are living under-siege due to SpaceX occupying their lands on the Texas-Mexican border.

Musk in promoting racist misinformation shocker:

I looked at that tweet/thread on twitter and the replies are quite disturbing - mostly racist sneering, mostly loads of (paid-for) blue tick accounts. That can't be a representation of people on twitter. I know there are those people who defend Musk over anything but it seemed like something else, and not necessarily bot accounts.

The current blue tick system doesn't help, which is obviously what Musk wanted.

Back
Top Bottom