Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Iraq’s defence minister accused of benefits fraud in Sweden - seeking other “benefits” too

MrCurry

right after this urgent rest
Interesting story which broke in the Swedish newspaper Nyheter Idag. Najah Al-Sammari, who is Iraq’s minister of defence, is registered as a Swedish citizen living in a poor district of Stockholm and claiming benefits from the Swedish welfare system:

BREAKING: Iraqi Defense Minister is receiving welfare in Sweden, investigated by police

The story took a turn when in a follow up article he was accused of propositioning a 20 year old Swedish man by text, with the memorable phrase “I want to fuck you sex sex sex”

”I want to f**k you sex sex sex”, Iraqi Defense Minister, sexually harassing young male

Have we got another situation where two people (with a foreign sort of name) are assumed to be the same person? Just another possibility.

Have we got another situation where two people (with a foreign sort of name) are assumed to be the same person? Just another possibility.

It could be, but anyone who's had any kind of exposure to the Iraqi government or wider political scene wouldn't be remotely surprised if this were true.

Be a bit surprising if it wasn't actually...

Well his name is Najah Al-Sammari but he registered in Sweden under the name Najah Al-Adeli, so I don’t think anyone has just randomly linked him to this because his name sounds “a bit foreign”.

sounds like he's been hacked

Well, those messages were reportedly obtained from a divorce petition his own wife submitted and testimony from his two kids seems to support the allegations that he was having affairs with men while married. Other stories which have been emerging show that he was investigated for insurance fraud in Sweden in 2015, tax fraud by skatteverkat (Swedish inland revenue) and separately an unnamed felony and yesterday the news broke that the Swedish public prosecutor is investigating him for crimes against humanity, in connection with his recent actions in Iraq.

Taken altogether it seems he may well be a wrongun and not just the victim of some random hacking.

I just can't believe the Iraqui defence minister could be a wrong un

Well we know for sure that the Iraq war was all about getting rid of a corrupt man and installing a government who would give “freedom” to the Iraqi people, so it seems certain that ministers in the new Iraqi government and probably all squeaky clean, honest people. Otherwise Tony Blair and George Bush would be some kind of liars.

Back
Top Bottom