Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe assassinated

So you think in the coming days the risk assessment won’t be looked at and reviewed for the future?
It’s a bit weird that everyone on an Internet forum has decided that it was obviously ok.

Of course it will be reviewed.

Are you suggesting Urban isn’t the place for post contact debriefs.

“For the purposes of this investigation you are ‘Poster F’…”

Last edited:
Evacuated the neighbours after searching his home as suspected explosives, and apparently some other versions of his home made gun, was just reading. He told police Abe was linked to an organisation he was opposed to but no detail as to what or how, not sure if that's the conspiracy thing.

Wasn't for political reasons apparently, but the assassin thought his target was a member of an unspecified religious group :hmm:

Did a Google translate on this article. Apparently the killer had nothing against Abe politics but was angry because his mother got mixed up in a religious group he was involved in and made a large donation.

Anyone know what group he could be talking about? krtek a houby etc

1657329328773.png
Japan's former prime minister Shinzo Abe has died in hospital after he was shot at a political campaign event. Security officials tackled the gunman at the scene following the assasination. The 41-year-old suspect named as Tetsuya Yamagami, admitted shooting Abe with a homemade gun.
from Week in pictures: 2 - 8 July 2022

Sorry to be flippant (and I ask this in a thread where others are expressing glee at the man's death), but was it even fucking raining?

Sorry to be flippant (and I ask this in a thread where others are expressing glee at the man's death), but was it even fucking raining?
Maybe showers due and people use them as parasols too?
Read the home made gun might have escaped attention as looking like camera kit and the killer did pretend to be taking pics first to edge his way into position.

(...)
Did a Google translate on this article. Apparently the killer had nothing against Abe politics but was angry because his mother got mixed up in a religious group he was involved in and made a large donation.

Interesting twitter thread here which includes this:

1wQ3sho.png

As the thread points out however the Moonies aren't the only religious group supporting elements of the coalition government.

I have no idea about any of this but this seems to be what internet speculation is focussing on.

Japan is quite astonishingly damp and humid, and umbrella usage is very common. London gets an average of 36mm of rain in July, and 562mm a year. Nara, where Abe was shot, gets 173mm in July and 1365mm annually.

There's a fair few cults in Japan, Abe could well have had financial connections with one or more of them. Honestly, that's guesswork, though.

ETA: there's also the question of Nippon Kaigi, the far right organisation that casts a long shadow over the Abe administration. Good article here from a few years back

Abe’s Japan Is a Racist, Patriarchal Dream

What can tell ye, is umbrellas in the sun is a thing. Especially when it's splitting the stones out there.

Last edited:

The exploitation of the poor by super rich people using religion as a means to separate them from their meagre savings - how very American!

Last edited:
Interesting twitter thread here which includes this:

1wQ3sho.png

As the thread points out however the Moonies aren't the only religious group supporting elements of the coalition government.

I have no idea about any of this but this seems to be what internet speculation is focussing on.

Yeah that guy seems to have a decent handle on things. Quick check - lecturer at Kanda international, studies nationalist politics and has written a few papers on that. Probably worth keeping an eye on... my instinct was 'why the fuck would a Japanese nationalist have links to a Korean cult?'. But that's a bad take... Moonies are also very heavily focussed on pushing their message in the US and Japan, and their deep anti-communism gives them traction with nationalists in those countries.

Here's that thread unwrapped:

Back
Top Bottom