Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

International Cricket

I still don't see that as a reason for sacking him, sorry.

You may not agree it's a valid reason, but you're not the one making the decision, and that's no excuse for actively misrepresenting what has happened across two different threads.

He's a young cricket player, a very young one, not a politician
Hopefully he still has a chance to learn a lesson from this, and not make such ill-considered comments in future.

On past experience, I doubt very much that you are likely to learn from your ill-considered comments.

Hold the fuck on. A while ago you were condemning Ollie Robinson to death for writing something twattish on Twitter when he was 19, saying you were a fully formed adult by this time.

At least be fucking consistent.

Er, I was 'condemning him to death'?

When? And his racist and misogynistic comments were far far more out of line than this other guy.

Dont put words in my mouth please, you nomark fucking cunt.

Er, I was 'condemning him to death'?

When? And his racist and misogynistic comments were far far more out of line than this other guy.

Dont put words in my mouth please, you nomark fucking cunt.

Nomark fucking cunt? You had a drink?

Condemning him to death was a turn of phrase, as you know. You were very anti-Robinson, called him out more than once for comments made when under 19. But, to be fair to someone who has just called me a nomark fucking cunt, I did actually confuse your treatment (coz it's similar) of Robinson and Rafiq. It was Rafiq you said was 19 when making comments that you wouldn't have made because you were a fully formed adult. He was a young cricketer. Not a politician. To use your words.
Nah, sorry, I don't buy that defence. When I was 19 I was a fully formed adult with fully formed opinions and they definitely weren't racist. It's the same defence people always use for some older people being racist - 'oh it was just their generation, you can't blame them'

Nomark fucking cunt lol.

Nomark fucking cunt? You had a drink?

Condemning him to death was a turn of phrase, as you know. You were very anti-Robinson, called him out more than once for comments made when under 19. But, to be fair to someone who has just called me a nomark fucking cunt, I did actually confuse your treatment (coz it's similar) of Robinson and Rafiq. It was Rafiq you said was 19 when making comments that you wouldn't have made because you were a fully formed adult. He was a young cricketer. Not a politician. To use your words.

Nomark fucking cunt lol.

Whatever, ignored for now. Sick of your idiocy.

Meanwhile this is the weirdest piece of subediting I've seen in a while (the headline compared to the story)

"Pathetic and hopeless" West Indies shock the cricketing world by beating Australia in Brisbane to level the mini-series:

GE9Hn40a4AAttfM.jpg

Reading his biog, it is an incredible story. He's nearly 25 and and he's only been a full-time cricketer for the last year. Took a massive punt by giving up his job to give him time to play cricket.

He bowled superbly well on that last day in Brisbane. This was not a fluke. He has speed and control. A very repeatable, fluid action. Clearly supremely fit. It's a heart-warming story.

Listening to interviews afterwards, I think the painkillers they gave him for his toe might have left him a bit high. :D

Reading his biog, it is an incredible story. He's nearly 25 and and he's only been a full-time cricketer for the last year. Took a massive punt by giving up his job to give him time to play cricket.

He bowled superbly well on that last day in Brisbane. This was not a fluke. He has speed and control. A very repeatable, fluid action. Clearly supremely fit. It's a heart-warming story.

Listening to interviews afterwards, I think the painkillers they gave him for his toe might have left him a bit high. :D

Indeed. Let's just hope his head isn't turned by the inevitable offers of riches from T20 that will be coming his way. But as you say, he's 25, which isn't a kid so he might want to make hay while the sun shines.

Wtf is up with S.Africa? Have you seen their team playing (just two tests) in New Zealand? I've heard of two of them. Six new caps. A captain I've never heard of. Who is also a debutant.

They are at the forefront of killing test cricket. Wankers.

Last edited:
Ravindra scores 240 against SA's third XI. That's gotta be a little bit hollow. Just an utterly meaningless series. NZ should not have fielded their first string.

It's incredibly disappointing. this is part of the WTC so NZ are right to field their first team.

But NZ have never beaten sa in a test series. If this is their first win, it will be hollow.

tbf to the New Zealand public, the ground isn't empty. NZ tests are my winter late night indulgence. This series should have been a cracker. :(

Kiwi commentators are talking up the bowling like it's Ashwin and Jadeja in Mumbai. :D It's turning a bit, but bounce is even. This is a good pitch. Not a 130-7 pitch.

Keegan Petersen is one of the SA players I've heard of. He's impressed me in the past. But he doesn't seem to know whether to stick or twist here.

Russell Howard just did two overs guest commentary while on tour down there. Can't really I like him on the panel shows but he was fucking hilarious there. Taken off air quick smart.

Seriously, what's the reason for this 3rd XI? Where is Markram? Bavuma? Rabada? Did they all refuse to play at once? Does anyone know the reasoning? They can't all be playing T20. Or are they?

Easy WTC points for NZ though. It got even more absurd last night when they didn't enforce the followon with a lead of 390 or something to give their batsmen who missed out in the first innings a bit of batting practice.

edit: in better news Australia has selected a very very strong lineup for their visit to NZ.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Mitch Marsh must feel about Cummins being chosen for that pic though given he's the white ball captain now :D

They're all playing t20. And SA board has approved them missing this tour because they want the t20 comp to have all the home stars in it to maximise appeal.

So this team is made up of t20 rejects, essentially.

So New Zealand wins their first ever test series against SA and extend their lead at the top of the table. Bit of a debacle.

Quite a good match happening down in NZ. Nathan Lyon bowling beautifully and also predicting Ravindra will be a superstar in his interview (which he probably already is, a bargain in the IPL)

I reckon the kiwis can do it. 289 more to go.

Glad the Aussies sent a full strength side.

I reckon Lyon will do it and NZ have no chance.

Meanwhile, Ireland won their first test, beating Afghanistan in the UAE by 6 wickets. Interestingly, the game was moved to the ground next door from the main stadium, just 2 days before it began. Which is appalling.

The ICC HQ is now in Dubai btw.

Back
Top Bottom