Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm a middle aged man and don't own a fleece

I'm a middle aged man - I bought a fleece in my late teens and still own it - though only now wear it for decorating in the winter.

Not owning a fleece does seem understandable.

But jeans? What? I never wear anything else on my legs between October and April - when the shorts come out.
I've got a really nice Lowe Alpine fleece I bought thirty years ago, still going strong and has served me well in very cold environments plus looks good.

Do not own any fleeces ,But sometimes wear my sons only in the house.Think I am letting the side down.

I’ve never worn jeans since I was about 9 and was perceived as being capable of giving informed consent on the matter. I last wore a body warmer around then too, and can’t remember ever wearing a fleece.

I’ve worn chinos, combats, and what are nowadays marketed as “hiking trousers”. On the upper half it’s shirts, hoodies, coats etc..

I don’t get the obsession with jeans - the fabric is not soft, lightweight or comfortable and there are better alternatives for every conceivable trouser scenario.
'Hiking trousers' feel much more 'middle-aged man' than jeans tbf.

My Musto fleece jacket is the most worn piece of clothing I've got. Perfect for spring and autumn, and good for -20 in the winter with a down jacket on top.

At the moment I get my clothing from Aldi - polycotton workwear trousers - plus generic fruit of the loom black tee shirts.
No fleece, per se, but a gilet.
I'm starting to think I will want to invest in some good kit when my proper and very active retirement starts and I'm sorry, but I'm thinking "yachty" :oops:

I’ve never worn jeans since I was about 9 and was perceived as being capable of giving informed consent on the matter. I last wore a body warmer around then too, and can’t remember ever wearing a fleece.

I’ve worn chinos, combats, and what are nowadays marketed as “hiking trousers”. On the upper half it’s shirts, hoodies, coats etc..

I don’t get the obsession with jeans - the fabric is not soft, lightweight or comfortable and there are better alternatives for every conceivable trouser scenario.
Well now I'm confused. I thought hoodies and fleeces were the same thing.

I'm not middle aged but I own a fleece-lined fleece

804c3ee8ac8b12081f698897a807a21e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom