Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leather Trousers. Have you ever owned a pair of.

have you ever owned a pair of Leather Trousers

• Total voters
Actually I had lederhosen as a child which were great, later as a biker I lusted after proper leather bikers trousers but they were always too expensive for my budget. A school semi friend had smooth leather trousers he really was a wally.

I have worn leather trousers (for gardening) for many years. What I will say is that the leather trousers I wore at 35 still fit my aging (almost 65) thighs (hips and arse). Everytime I zip up gives me a moment of delight...although this is probably due to the flexible nature of old leather rather than viciously intolerant denim or canvas. Moleskins and, to a lesser extent, corduroy (my summer work choices) have a similar forgiving effect. I have 3 pairs of leathers, all soft, lined and after many years of wear, completely lovely. I may have to attempt a photo. They do not smell, either, despite regular rucking in soil. I treat them like my wool jumpers...that is, never washed but allowed to air on the washing line on frosty nights.

Lycra will NEVER be worn though. Or shorts.

Last edited:
I have worn leather trousers (for gardening) for many years. What I will say is that the leather trousers I wore at 35 still fit my aging (almost 65) thighs (hips and arse). Everytime I zip up gives me a moment of delight...although this is probably due to the flexible nature of old leather rather than viciously intolerant denim or canvas. Moleskins and, to a lesser extent, corduroy (my summer work choices) have a similar forgiving effect. I have 3 pairs of leathers, all soft, lined and after many years of wear, completely lovely. I may have to attempt a photo. They do not smell, either, despite regular rucking in soil. I treat them like my wool jumpers...that is, never washed but allowed to air on the washing line on frosty nights.

Lycra will NEVER be worn though. Or shorts.
I want some leather trousers for work and google keeps showing me a really expensive Harkila pair (they have loads of pockets though...) and now my brain's trying to justify the cost by dividing it over a few decades, so cheers for that.

I once tried a pair on but felt silly. Leather doesn't suit me. Have never owned a leather jacket, even as a punk it was always long overcoats for me when my punk and goth pals all had leather jackets

Actually I had lederhosen as a child which were great, later as a biker I lusted after proper leather bikers trousers but they were always too expensive for my budget. A school semi friend had smooth leather trousers he really was a wally.

After a journey on my arse down the road, I looked at buying leathers, they cost more than the bike had. :)

He did at least look good in them, Jim.

I can think of other rockers who didn't fare so well. Whitesnake and whatnot. I think one of Ian Astbury's many ill-advised moments involved leather kecks.
In my teens I thought Ian Astbury was lush!

Unfortunately, no - if I had a more male or androgynous physique or at least slender hips I absolutely would do leather trousers, but it wouldn't work well with my body shape.

I do have an ancient leather jacket which I still wear occasionally, bought from Camden Market in 1992-ish .

Back
Top Bottom