Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mens' "smart casual" trousers?

I can honestly say I’ve never had a pair of red trousers . There’s something distinctly dodgy about them .

Back in the day, an ex-girlfriend who was a bit of a fashionista, bullied me into buying a pair of red jeans in an attempt to give me a make-over. The first (and probably only) time I wore them, my mates took the piss out of me mercilessly and I got rid of both the strides and the girlfriend soon after.

i like corduroy trousers (in nice colours, that are not red), there's something sort of reassuring about them. But moleskin (weird name nice fabric) is great, soft but thick so they last years without going bobbly or anything.

eta like these, the purple ones obvs, but without that crease ironed down the middle of the legs that is wrong.

I love moleskin but don't actually own anything moleskin. I might like to. I might even pay £65 if they were nice. That purple pair look almost as bad as red to me. Would it offend anyone if I bought the indigo ones? But they all have that crease down the middle. See too much choice. That's what is wrong with society today. Too much choice just makes me think 'piss off' and I end up with nothing moleskin.

I'm shit at clothes.

planetgeli These ones are the ones without the creases, they're jeans-type trousers (rivets double seams) but in moleskin, much better.
I've got two pairs of moleskin troos, this sort of thing, and do love them.

eta what kind of shop am i promoting here idk, the red ones are almost sold out.

planetgeli These ones are the ones without the creases, they're jeans-type trousers (rivets double seams) but in moleskin, much better.
I've got two pairs of moleskin troos, this sort of thing, and do love them.

eta what kind of shop am i promoting here idk, the red ones are almost sold out.

Thank you. I do like those.

ln a lot of ways i think women have an easier time with clothes, like more freedom, but this stuff, just trousers like that shop has, straight legged cords or moleskin in muted colours, not a Fashion Item, idk where the female-market version of that shop is if it even exists.
AND THEN you get 11 sizes of actual measurements to choose from plus leg length options instead of useless womens sizing (8 10 etc) which is just shit.
thank you rant over.

ln a lot of ways i think women have an easier time with clothes, like more freedom of choice, but this stuff, just trousers like that shop has, straight legged cords or moleskin in muted colours, idk where the female-market version of that shop is if it even exists.
AND you get 11 sizes of actual measurements to choose from instead of useless womens sizing (8 10 etc) which is just shit.
thank you rant over.
Sure. But you don’t have to shave your chin every morning. A bit of perspective, OK?

and

5d0261082500006813e566a1.jpeg

I used to be on that website. Dunno if I still am...
i like corduroy trousers (in nice colours, that are not red), there's something sort of reassuring about them. But moleskin (weird name nice fabric) is great, soft but thick so they last years without going bobbly or anything.

eta like these, the purple ones obvs, but without that crease ironed down the middle of the legs that is wrong.

I like the purple ones. Pity they don't come in the jeans style - might have to get them anyway...

True. And I was a bit nervous about the gag tbh. But I felt the fear and did it anyway.
It was a risqué gag and if it wasn’t you or if I was in a bad mood then yeah. If i was a man I’d probably have a beard or a stupid moustache.
The fact that men’s clothes always have proper measured sizes and women’s clothes don’t ever, is it in fact a very weird thing.

It was a risqué gag and if it wasn’t you or if I was in a bad mood then yeah. If i was a man I’d probably have a beard or a stupid moustache.
The fact that men’s clothes always have proper measured sizes and women’s clothes don’t ever, is it in fact a very weird thing.
It is indeed a very weird thing.

I have some red cords.

I'm not a man though.

I have some red cords.

I'm not a man though.
Not being a man makes it completely fine, obviously. Which is admittedly irrational & unfair but there you go.
I wonder if its a military history thing the negative association that red trousered englishmen have.

Back
Top Bottom