Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mens' "smart casual" trousers?

Lord no, boat shoes are the Devil's work. Brogues are my smart shoes, but I'm far more likely to be wearing trainers or walking boots with mine...
Brogue thread here :D

ln a lot of ways i think women have an easier time with clothes, like more freedom, but this stuff, just trousers like that shop has, straight legged cords or moleskin in muted colours, not a Fashion Item, idk where the female-market version of that shop is if it even exists.
AND THEN you get 11 sizes of actual measurements to choose from plus leg length options instead of useless womens sizing (8 10 etc) which is just shit.
thank you rant over.
Yeah but they get pockets. Proper pockets too, not weird little flaps that you can't even fit a key into. Swings and roundabouts.

In what way?

I think its one of the few issues in which The Guardian and I see eye to eye

Red trousers are associated in this country with braying poshos on the King's Road, utterly devoid of self-awareness but wealthy in idiocy; people who probably lost their virginity to an unfortunate member of staff in daddy's country pad, and are as flushed in the face as they are round of belly. So that is the whole red trouser thing and that is why you hate them.

I love moleskin but don't actually own anything moleskin. I might like to. I might even pay £65 if they were nice. That purple pair look almost as bad as red to me. Would it offend anyone if I bought the indigo ones? But they all have that crease down the middle. See too much choice. That's what is wrong with society today. Too much choice just makes me think 'piss off' and I end up with nothing moleskin.

I'm shit at clothes.
Likewise. Love moleskin. Warm in winter. I have a dark green moleskin shirt atm. Love it, but it took a dozen washes to get it right.

Always on the lookout for some black moleskin jeans, but the ones I see look badly cut, or at least cut for old men.

That I can wear to work (with shoes, shirts and Donegal tweed) and to go out to nice places.

Similar smartness level to chinos I guess, but nicer and more "interesting".

No denim.
Tbh, I thought chinos were “smart casual”. Can’t think of anything else that isn’t suit trousers or “slacks”.

My dad once told me I should stop wearing jeans and get some slacks. I didn’t.

Likewise. Love moleskin. Warm in winter. I have a dark green moleskin shirt atm. Love it, but it took a dozen washes to get it right.

Always on the lookout for some black moleskin jeans, but the ones I see look badly cut, or at least cut for old men.

Where can I buy moleskins cut for old men?

Where can I buy moleskins cut for old men?
this is more your sort of thing isnt it

Just short of £200 for something that doesn't even reach your ankles. I can appreciate quality, and understand it has to be paid for, but surely there's a fair amount of pisstaking here.

I always wondered why plus fours were called that. Every day’s a school day.

I'd say cord or wool trousers, I'm guessing getting the shape of the wool trousers right that will make them less suit like, jumbo cord wide legs are good. Probably means spending some money though. Or these cotton ones look much nicer and less 'clean' than your average chino.

Their chords are nice too, not wide legged, but a good cut, the brown ones are lovely:

I'm sure killer b could advise as I generally have no idea where you would buy what I think might work, though I've noticed he might be having a break, so I won't tag him.

Mine are green with cuffs at the bottom.

1675598211896.jpeg

I fucking hate buying jeans/trousers as I can never find any that fit properly. I have short legs, but large thighs due to work/cycling. Anything that fits the top half of my legs/waist is usually about 6” too long.

There is a Facebook group of the same name and about 3 years ago there was a big fall out amongst the ‘main’ members.

Naturally a breakaway group was formed, which was called ‘look at my fucking red trouser too’ and to this day members of both groups hate each other with a passion

I'd say cord or wool trousers, I'm guessing getting the shape of the wool trousers right that will make them less suit like, jumbo cord wide legs are good. Probably means spending some money though. Or these cotton ones look much nicer and less 'clean' than your average chino.

Their chords are nice too, not wide legged, but a good cut, the brown ones are lovely:

I'm sure killer b could advise as I generally have no idea where you would buy what I think might work, though I've noticed he might be having a break, so I won't tag him.
Yeah, both of those would work. Too spendy for daily working with children though. I currently just about get by on £10 Primark chinos :(

But that's definitely the sort of thing...I think.

Wool would be good, I saw lovely purply blue trousers the other day, but dry clean only.

Dress codes are stupid, but if I have to comply I want to do it on my terms, not some horrid shit that I would never wear if I had the choice.

There is a Facebook group of the same name and about 3 years ago there was a big fall out amongst the ‘main’ members.

Naturally a breakaway group was formed, which was called ‘look at my fucking red trouser too’ and to this day members of both groups hate each other with a passion

I'm curious what the fall out was about now.

Difference of opinion about acceptable shades of red or width of turn-ups, or something else?

I always wondered why plus fours were called that. Every day’s a school day.
i still don't get it. If you buy 'plus fours' that says you get four inches of fabric below the knee.. plus twos you get two inches. but why why is this good or useful what is it for is it depending on how long yr socks are or what. Why don't they just wear you know, trousers.

Back
Top Bottom