Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own a dressing gown?

kittyP - I ordered one of the fleecy Next dressing gowns and picked it up today. It felt really cosy, and the bottom of it was just below my knees - I'm 5' 11" so depending on your height it could be more or less what you want.

kittyP - I ordered one of the fleecy Next dressing gowns and picked it up today. It felt really cosy, and the bottom of it was just below my knees - I'm 5' 11" so depending on your height it could be more or less what you want.
I'm still thinking about one of these. Wrong side of 40 quid is putting me off a bit. I might see if Father Xmas has any room left on his list.

I'm in danger of being one of those dreadful people that orders themselves nice stuff in the run up to Xmas and incurs the wrath of loved ones. :D

I'm still thinking about one of these. Wrong side of 40 quid is putting me off a bit. I might see if Father Xmas has any room left on his list.

I'm in danger of being one of those dreadful people that orders themselves nice stuff in the run up to Xmas and incurs the wrath of loved ones. :D
Think of it this way - a dressing gown should last donkeys years, so it works out at maybe 2 quid a year. A good investment. :thumbs:

I don't think that's expensive for good quality dressing gown really. I paid £79 for one once, and have no regrets.

My mum has ordered me the same.
It was supposed to arrive today but they said they couldn't deliver it, bloody Hermes.
Good to know its cozy though :cool:

My mum has ordered me the same.
It was supposed to arrive today but they said they couldn't deliver it, bloody Hermes.
Good to know its cozy though :cool:
Admittedly I only tried it on straight after getting home, all sweaty like, but it's basically a fluffy housecoat.

I've got a number of down coats / hoodies I use as housecoats - the primary thing is always warmth. :cool:

I need a new winter dressing gown (the cats have been using my old one as warm bedding for long enough that even when freshly laundered it looks a bit wrecked!) - I can't afford a lot but am thinking about one that I saw in Morrison's the other day for £20. It's not really my sort of colour or design (it is kind of a dusky pink with hearts) but it's not like I'd be wearing it outdoors :D

One of the belt hooks on mine is broken, caught again in a door, I know I have to mend it but keep finding workarounds for using it (when I have to open it I put the belt in the pocket) rather than just getting my needles out and sewing it up.

I've realised I've got a zip-up non-hood hoodie thing in almost the same type of material and similar in colour, but thicker. Got it cheap in the sale a few years ago in M & S - probably made by the same company.

One of the belt hooks on mine is broken, caught again in a door, I know I have to mend it but keep finding workarounds for using it (when I have to open it I put the belt in the pocket) rather than just getting my needles out and sewing it up.
Mine was like that for years. I eventually fixed after the embarrassment of having it pointed out to me by a stranger when I wore it in hospital.

I've realised I've got a zip-up non-hood hoodie thing in almost the same type of material and similar in colour, but thicker. Got it cheap in the sale a few years ago in M & S - probably made by the same company.
I've got something very similar made by Brasher. Fleece-lined and outer material that's not a million miles off. Wouldn't be surprised if that's from the same source too.

Back
Top Bottom