Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own a dressing gown?

kittyP this might be of interest - I've just ordered one. They're out of stock at the moment but they'll be available in a couple of weeks, and you can order it now for delivery or collection then.

kittyP this might be of interest - I've just ordered one. They're out of stock at the moment but they'll be available in a couple of weeks, and you can order it now for delivery or collection then.

Thank you but i have just invested in some layers for wearing at home, and the lovey dressing gown is still going very strong.
I just didn't think I would be so close to wearing it all evening at this point in the year :(

I've not actually worn the dressing gown I bought last year - still hung up on the coat hook where I put it the day I brought it home. It's not been cold enough.

What's the difference between a dressing gown and a bathrobe?

I've always called everything of that ilk a dressing gown, so I don't know. Bathrobe isn't a word that I tend to use at all, I wonder if the words have different origins or something (maybe bathrobe is more of a US term? Or maybe it's a regional thing like dinner and tea?)

I've always called everything of that ilk a dressing gown, so I don't know. Bathrobe isn't a word that I tend to use at all, I wonder if the words have different origins or something (maybe bathrobe is more of a US term? Or maybe it's a regional thing like dinner and tea?)
I've always imagined a bathrobe as something you could put on when you're wet - made of towelling.
Dressing gown as something more highclass - that one wears when getting dressed ? (maybe in the days when people wore makeup and wigs and wanted to protect their clothes while putting that stuff on - just guessing.

I have a cheap towelling bathrobe and rarely actually bathe :D
Last time I was on holiday I was unique in wearing one on the beach in bright sunshine :)

I own a dressing gown/bath robe, which is on the back of the bathroom door but I very rarely use it as I think they encourage sloth and give a place the feel of a hospital ward or care facility when worn during the day. My lounging around at home outfit is a t-shirt and shorts/joggers.

Anyone got an Oodie?

They're fucking enormous. My other half bought one as a present for her son and it looks like it could house a family of four. :D
Someone bought me something very similar called a Slanket, it takes ages to get it on right, it is warm mind, but just about as soon as you get it right someone comes to the door and you have to extricate yourself from it toute suite! A pain of a thing it is I haven't used it since.

Anyone got an Oodie?

They're fucking enormous. My other half bought one as a present for her son and it looks like it could house a family of four. :D
Don't tell Therese "accents? moi?" Coffey, for goodness' sake.

Someone bought me something very similar called a Slanket, it takes ages to get it on right, it is warm mind, but just about as soon as you get it right someone comes to the door and you have to extricate yourself from it toute suite! A pain of a thing it is I haven't used it since.
Who cares what people think you look like - I wouldn't get changed just to answer the door.

Who cares what people think you look like - I wouldn't get changed just to answer the door.
It isn't that I care what people think I look like, it is rather that once you are installed in the slanket there is just no getting up to walk around in it, you are completely cocooned .. you can't walk

You mean a bath robe.

With a dressing gown, your cold in your house, pop it over your clothes/pjs for extra warmth, easy peasy.
I'm now wondering how many layers I could possibly wear. T-shirt, shirt, jumper, fleece, down jacket, huge dressing gown, etc.

I’m sorry, get out of bed have a shower put your clothes on. If you are cold put more clothes on or sit on the sofa with a fleece blanket

Dressing gowns are slothful, grubby affairs

You’ll be telling me you wear Ugg boots on the rainy school run next

My dressing gown gets washed regularly.
I don't really wear outside clothes in the house.
Sometimes I can't really put more clothes on. I already have vest, short sleeved t, long sleeved T, fleece hoody with hood up, scarf, fleecy trews with ankle cuffs to keep heat in, slipper boots aaaand a fleece blanket over me.
Dressing gown over the top helps.

Back
Top Bottom