Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own a dressing gown?

Mum bought me a red thick fleecy fluffy robe from Lidl and El Jugs nicked it. Dressing gowns are a bit flappy for me, I don’t like things with beits, hate trench coats too. I’ve got a fleecy thick wrap cardi instead but I’ve been eyeing those giant fleece double layer hoodies in Primark today.

kittyP this might be of interest - I've just ordered one. They're out of stock at the moment but they'll be available in a couple of weeks, and you can order it now for delivery or collection then.

This is magnificent. It's like wearing a tent so I look like a twat, but it's lovely and warm.

It's almost as wide as I am tall.

Anyone got an Oodie?

They're fucking enormous. My other half bought one as a present for her son and it looks like it could house a family of four. :D
Not Oodies but I own 3 Kudd.lys(unicorns, koalas and glow in the dark stars) I love them. I also own 2 dressing gowns so I have one to wear while the other is being washed. The Kuddlys take up the whole machine so aren't practical for slobbing about it all day. They are ace for camping though :)

Bath robes are deffo terry towelling ime, whereas dressing gowns should be made of soft, cosy material, mostly fleece nowadays I'd guess

I feel uncomfy if I have to go above 4 :D That's thermal vest, T, jumper and could be gownie or Kuddly, guess it may depend on the thickness of the layers though

That is the thing innit, recommending more layers to someone complaining of the cold in a t-shirt is fine but there are only so many layers one can feasibly wear without it being incredibly restrictive.

That is the thing innit, recommending more layers to someone complaining of the cold in a t-shirt is fine but there are only so many layers one can feasibly wear without it being incredibly restrictive.
But it would have advantages - you get drunk and it wouldn't matter if you fell over as you'd just bounce. :cool:

I have several, for different moods and occasions. I hardly wear any of them. I go through phases of sometimes wearing one. Usually I just wear a T-shirt and tracksuit bottoms in the house.

I have a nice botany wool blanket. Can't decide whether to repurpose it by making it into (another) dressing gown) or Viking style hoods.

i used to have a lovely purple hooded one that kept me warm through the winter but when i moved house in 2020 my over zealous friend who was helping me pack and move disposed of all my unwashed laundry so I don't have it any more and I refuse to buy one that isn't at least as good. Now I stick on a long hoody dress when i get out of the bath but its not the same.

I have a kimono dress thing made out of old sari silk which occasionally gets worn if I need to answer the door or something when it's too hot for clothes.

Don't understand the concept of winter dressing gowns. If it's cold enough to need one, it's cold enough to feel the difference in temperature at whatever point the hem finishes unless the thing is so long you can't walk without tripping over it.

I have a kimono dress thing made out of old sari silk which occasionally gets worn if I need to answer the door or something when it's too hot for clothes.

Don't understand the concept of winter dressing gowns. If it's cold enough to need one, it's cold enough to feel the difference in temperature at whatever point the hem finishes unless the thing is so long you can't walk without tripping over it.
I don't use mine as a dressing gown, I use it over clothes/pjs/loungewear when watching TV/reading/listening to podcasts in the evening, when it's really cold and a hoodie isn't enough.

saw 2 in the wild today (together they were) but it might have to do with oktoberfest (everyone else is wearing tyrolean attire)

Back
Top Bottom