Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm a middle aged man and don't own a fleece

I also don't own a fleece.

Jeans and gilets are tricky ones because trendy young people wear those too. You need to get sensible reasonably priced options and tut at the trendy sorts to do it properly middle aged style. Jeans from the supermarket or Levis at a push, Gilet ideally from Mountain Warehouse or somewhere like that. Or possibly Canada Goose if you're a middle aged man in a Range Rover.

Bought two bodywarmer/gillet type things from Uniqlo this winter. Quite like them and wondered why I've never seen the appeal before.

They fold up into their own little bags too. :)

I hate fleeces. They are invariably unflattering and whatever it is they're made from is unpleasant to the touch. They're also completely rubbish at keeping you warm unless you put a 'windshield' on top of them making them worse than half a coat in my opinion.

I'm a middle aged man - I bought a fleece in my late teens and still own it - though only now wear it for decorating in the winter.

Not owning a fleece does seem understandable.

But jeans? What? I never wear anything else on my legs between October and April - when the shorts come out.

I’ve never worn jeans since I was about 9 and was perceived as being capable of giving informed consent on the matter. I last wore a body warmer around then too, and can’t remember ever wearing a fleece.

I’ve worn chinos, combats, and what are nowadays marketed as “hiking trousers”. On the upper half it’s shirts, hoodies, coats etc..

I don’t get the obsession with jeans - the fabric is not soft, lightweight or comfortable and there are better alternatives for every conceivable trouser scenario.

I’ve never worn jeans since I was about 9 and was perceived as being capable of giving informed consent on the matter. I last wore a body warmer around then too, and can’t remember ever wearing a fleece.

I’ve worn chinos, combats, and what are nowadays marketed as “hiking trousers”. On the upper half it’s shirts, hoodies, coats etc..

I don’t get the obsession with jeans - the fabric is not soft, lightweight or comfortable and there are better alternatives for every conceivable trouser scenario.
I wear those so-called hiking trousers, I'm wearing them today, along with a fleece. Yesterday I wore jeans and the same fleece .

I like that fleece.

They can take it from my cold dead hands.

I was a chemistry student so obviously had a fleece. It’s the law. However I haven’t worn it for years as I’m trying to pretend I’ve got trendier.

Imagine my surprise when my 15 year old daughter found it and started wearing it with delight. Apparently it became trendy before I did.

Back
Top Bottom