Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
I don't think the poll matters, panpete :)
It's a quick glance at how covid is spreading, and of course, who is affected/recovered etc in this little community, it would not have been put up if it didnt matter, I found it useful, though sorry the bug has really hurt and killed some.

It's a quick glance at how covid is spreading, and of course, who is affected/recovered etc in this little community, it would not have been put up if it didnt matter, I found it useful, though sorry the bug has really hurt and killed some.
I guess I'm not sure if people are updating this. Might be better to read the thread, rather than look at the poll, to get an idea of how it's affected people on here.

Started as a cough on one day which developed into 2 days of fever/aching/dizziness. I attacked it with regular vile concoctions of lemon, ginger, garlic, bitters, turmeric, Vit D and black seed oil. Then two days of cold (mainly a sore nose). There was slight tightness in breathing but I'm pretty much back to normal.
Isolated for 14 days.

Last edited:
Started as a cough on one day which developed into 2 days of fever/aching/dizziness. I attacked it with regular vile concoctions of lemon, ginger, garlic, bitters, turmeric and black seed oil. Then two days of cold (mainly a sore nose). There was slight tightness in breathing but I'm pretty much back to normal.
Isolated for 14 days.

Did you get a +tive test?

I guess I'm not sure if people are updating this. Might be better to read the thread, rather than look at the poll, to get an idea of how it's affected people on here.
I take your point, I have trouble keeping my attention on things and my mind wanders with long threads, sorry as this is a sensitive thread.

Started as a cough on one day which developed into 2 days of fever/aching/dizziness. I attacked it with regular vile concoctions of lemon, ginger, garlic, bitters, turmeric and black seed oil. Then two days of cold (mainly a sore nose). There was slight tightness in breathing but I'm pretty much back to normal.
Isolated for 14 days.
Glad you are back to normal.

Started as a cough on one day which developed into 2 days of fever/aching/dizziness. I attacked it with regular vile concoctions of lemon, ginger, garlic, bitters, turmeric, Vit D and black seed oil. Then two days of cold (mainly a sore nose). There was slight tightness in breathing but I'm pretty much back to normal.
Isolated for 14 days.
Sounds like you had it. A bit late for you, but I'd advise people to try to get positive tests because if you have long term effects (about a 1 in 10 chance) you might find it easier if you have to go on long term sick pay. Anyway, glad to hear you're recovering.

This Covideers a bit better again.

I can trace my fever now with Paracetamol alone - it goes away when I take it, and comes back as it wears off. This is a huge improvement from earlier in the week with the uncontrollable sweating.

Still knackered though, feels like a tiredness and lethargy that no amount of sleep can shift. Eating properly again (large Dominos pizza to myself last night 😁) so hoping that energy levels come back a bit with that.

That’s both my swabs come back negative, but they did say I was past the time limit for accurate results, so I’m none the wiser really. I’ve to continue isolating.
Sorry you are none the wiser and have to continue isolating but good that the results were negative, despite being past the time for accuracy, it could have been worse.

Sorry you are none the wiser and have to continue isolating but good that the results were negative, despite being past the time for accuracy, it could have been worse.
Yeah, it’s fine. It’s par for the course with my health scares. Alarming at the time, but generally a bit of a damp squib.

I think I’ve got the bloody thing now but won’t know til test results from test i did this morning come back (by Sunday they said). Has anyone else got a malfunctioning nose at the moment ? That’s the only thing that’s obviously wrong and I’d really like any smell related reassurance / commiserations. I’m not googling it because I know there be monsters.

I think I’ve got the bloody thing now but won’t know til test results from test i did this morning come back (by Sunday they said). Has anyone else got a malfunctioning nose at the moment ? That’s the only thing that’s obviously wrong and I’d really like any smell related reassurance / commiserations. I’m not googling it because I know there be monsters.
Only google NHS, there's no monsters there. Hope you don't have it.

whatever i started with in mid december (and got a negative covid test for) still hasn't gone away / has turned in to some post viral crud. still varying degrees of tired / headachy / coughing a bit / occasional mushy brain. walked to local shop (about half a mile each way) yesterday and absolutely bloody knackered when i got back.

there's no point in taking another test or anything is there?

Mrs Doodler and myself both stopped self-isolating about 10 days ago after having mild to moderate infections. We both still tire quite easily after walks, sustained household chores etc, and our day jobs, but there has been a very gradual improvement. It feels.a bit like I imagine it would if you'd been suddenly transported to a Peruvian town 10,000 feet above sea level and had to go about your daily life there.

No sad faces please - we survived and are doing okay unlike tens of thousands of people in this country alone.

Mrs Doodler and myself both stopped self-isolating about 10 days ago after having mild to moderate infections. We both still tire quite easily after walks, sustained household chores etc, and our day jobs, but there has been a very gradual improvement. It feels.a bit like I imagine it would if you'd been suddenly transported to a Peruvian town 10,000 feet above sea level and had to go about your daily life there.

No sad faces please - we survived and are doing okay unlike tens of thousands of people in this country alone.
Sounds very similar to us. We had positive tests on 22nd December. Most symptoms gone now except tiredness. Interestingly the kids (who also both tested positive) seemed to be asymptomatic at first but also seem much more tired than usual.

Sounds very similar to us. We had positive tests on 22nd December. Most symptoms gone now except tiredness. Interestingly the kids (who also both tested positive) seemed to be asymptomatic at first but also seem much more tired than usual.

Glad you're all on the mend. I'm hoping/presuming the easy tiring will be gone after a couple of months.

Felt shivery, had a sore throat and really tired over the weekend. No obvious Covid symptoms but weird so phoned NHS 111. None of the main symptoms so they reckoned I didn't need a test. Felt ropey again this morning so rang my GP. Get a test, they said. Just been in and had it. Very efficient. Now isolating for 8 days / until my results come back clear. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom