Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
No, I'm the cure. Or at least the treatment. We've had it twice in our house and I've not had a single symptom. I will sell my genes for cash.
Mrs mx had a positive test. I was negative. Probably tells you more about the state of our marriage than anything else, but you do wonder whether scientists should be looking at this type of scenario in case there is something that might help.

I took a test yesterday. How long before I can expect the results? And would it still pick anything up if I started feeling slightly ill on Friday? I'm worried I didn't do the test properly because my nose was a bit runny and I didn't blow it before I did the test.
depends where you are. still not had mine back and tomorrow will be four days (south london is peak cases though and big population)

glad to hear you're a little better

Day 8, signs of improvement.

Shit night's sleep again, still fever and temp through the roof, but not filled with an all-consuming desire to be asleep 24hrs a day anymore. Made (and actually enjoyed) a tea this morning, had a nice sit down and got my breath back reasonably quickly.

The test came back negative, I still dont feel great though. I was coughing a lot last night.
take care froggy
you've been experiencing a lot of after effects after the original covid illness: could this be a relapse of them?
I nearly booked a test yesterday because I've had a range of symptoms again but I've had these periods of return of symptoms off and on for months and I think this is just another one of them because I'm back at work after a lovely Christmas rest

Day 7 in the Covid House, morning update - shit night's sleep, still feverish, but feeling a tiny bit perkier.

Spoke to GP. Putting aside the 2 x negative tests, he'd have straight away said Covid. However, could also be a bacterial infection, with the immune response presenting in a similar way.

So I've to both assume I've got Covid and wait it out, and also take a heavy course of antibiotics in case it's not. Schroedinger's illness, with no clue as to whether I'll be left with antibodies. Signed off work for another week.
That's interesting. I had a bacterial infection directly before having covid but the symptoms felt quite different (although I may have put early covid symptoms down to the infection). We all had positive results in our house though
So I’ve been at a Covid assessment centre most of the afternoon. Now I’m at the Royal Infirmary at a SATA (? I don’t know) waiting to get X-rays and stuff.

Fun day out.
Hope you are ok

Really sorry to see this Danny. What's going on? I thought you were shielding, or as good as? I hope everything turns out ok.
Hiya. I’m home now. I wasn’t shielding, just being as cautious as I could. But as I can’t get any supermarket to take me as a priority (which is fair enough: I don’t want to deprive more vulnerable people of a spot), I’ve occasionally had to do in person supermarket shops, especially over the Christmas period.

The short version is that I’ve had mild symptoms (which could also have been asthma) since 7-8 days ago, so self isolated. But breathing and chest pains got worse, so tried to book a Covid test. Was told there was little point as I was too late in my symptom history for a reliable test, but triage told me to go to a Covid hub. Where they referred me to hospital. (It took a lot longer than that sounds, as you can imagine). They took a swab anyway but said a negative result doesn’t mean it isn’t Covid. But it was worth it in case it came back positive.

At the hospital they were very thorough. It was extremely busy, but very well organised. They decided it was either Covid or an asthma attack. But Dr was assuming Covid. They took another swab, but warned me that the testing was backed up as it had been an exceptionally busy day.

I’m on steroid tablets, which are already easing symptoms. I’m to assume Covid even if the test eventually comes back negative, and I have a number to ring if things take a dive.

But I’m walking wounded rather than anything too alarming. (Albeit walking slowly and avoiding stairs).

Thanks for all the love.

Hiya. I’m home now. I wasn’t shielding, just being as cautious as I could. But as I can’t get any supermarket to take me as a priority (which is fair enough: I don’t want to deprive more vulnerable people of a spot), I’ve occasionally had to do in person supermarket shops, especially over the Christmas period.

The short version is that I’ve had mild symptoms (which could also have been asthma) since 7-8 days ago, so self isolated. But breathing and chest pains got worse, so tried to book a Covid test. Was told there was little point as I was too late in my symptom history for a reliable test, but triage told me to go to a Covid hub. Where they referred me to hospital. (It took a lot longer than that sounds, as you can imagine). They took a swab anyway but said a negative result doesn’t mean it isn’t Covid. But it was worth it in case it came back positive.

At the hospital they were very thorough. It was extremely busy, but very well organised. They decided it was either Covid or an asthma attack. But Dr was assuming Covid. They took another swab, but warned me that the testing was backed up as it had been an exceptionally busy day.

I’m on steroid tablets, which are already easing symptoms. I’m to assume Covid even if the test eventually comes back negative, and I have a number to ring if things take a dive.

But I’m walking wounded rather than anything too alarming. (Albeit walking slowly and avoiding stairs).

Thanks for all the love.

That's all...just about on the positive side I guess (apart from Covid positive :hmm: ) - here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Just a small word of warning, may not apply anyway, but steroids can sometimes be a bugger to come off. Work brilliantly, but reduction can be difficult. Speaking from current personal experience here.

Good luck, get well soon. x

Thanks for all the love.
:( look after yourself and I hope you get better soon

I just discovered this thread, I'm lucky no infection but what about if you voted in march that you were clean and then were unlucky enough to catch it, can you change your vote?
Does the poll represent march or is it representative of every day to date?

I just discovered this thread, I'm lucky no infection but what about if you voted in march that you were clean and then were unlucky enough to catch it, can you change your vote?
Does the poll represent march or is it representative of every day to date?

At the bottom of the poll answers list, to the right, is a big button to change your vote.

Back
Top Bottom