Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
It depends what your normal base temperature is, and how long it lasts; it could be; 37.8 is often taken as the beginning of ‘real’ fever, but for me 37.4 is definitely something wrong (I’m usually about 36.4).

My normal temperature is 36.9 or 37

It's a digital thermometer, it's pretty new?
Take multiple readings under consistent conditions, drop outliers, take median, factor in manufacturer's accuracy claim. Compare to the typical reading for said patient at given time of day.

Take multiple readings under consistent conditions, drop outliers, take median, factor in manufacturer's accuracy claim. Compare to the typical reading for said patient at given time of day.

I took a reading before and it was 37.1 which is above normal for me.

My normal temperature is 36.9 or 37

Take it again in about 20 mins, and then 20 mins after that (don’t drink any hot tea in between!) and if it’s still 37.4 then I’d say yes your thermoregulation has raised your body temperature.

Incidentally as using a digital thermometer in case you don’t know - leave it in ~30 seconds after it beeps for accurate reading.

I took a reading before and it was 37.1 which is above normal for me.
I can't remember what the proper medical words for what I'm about to ask are so bare with me while I bumble through this, but do you have a low threshold with fevers? As in, some people have health conditions that mean they don't have to hit as high a temperature as other people before shit goes really wrong. I don't know how common it is. I think it's why some of the illnesses that are on the moderate shielding list are on there

Is 37.4 classes as a temperature?
If it’s raised for you then yes. My temperature is usually 35.something so when I am 37.something I feel feverish and crap. It’s a low grade fever for me.

If you feel under the weather with that temperature, go and get a test. That’s how it started for me. Wishing you well xx

Took it again about half an hour ago it was 37.3 and then back to 37.4 again

I am not a medic, but I would say you have a small fever then, that’s certainly what I would diagnose myself as in your position. I would take a couple of paracetamol and get an early night (assuming such is possible for you), and see how I was in the morning. And I think probably book myself in a test for tomorrow too, given how things are. Fingers crossed whatever it is it goes away without fuss.

You didn't get a positive test in March, though, right? I know it was because tests weren't available, but still, it does mean you can't be sure it was covid 19. Lots of viruses can make you feel like absolute shit. You should get a test, definitely.
My mum had an antibodies test in may and it showed she had it.

Wednesday evening, healthy.

Thursday morning, not feeling too clever, but just a bit sweaty and feeling uncomfortable.

Thursday evening, soaring temperature, extreme sweating, developing cough.

Friday morning, went for test. more sweating. Even the slightest "exercise" like getting up to go to the loo leaves me short of breath. Can't keep food down - coughing fits are violent enough to bring it back up.

Saturday, pretty much the same. Results came back, negative??? Which was unexpected.

Sunday, feel the same again. Brushed my teeth as usual, except this time no minty taste at all. Been to take a second test, cos I'm confused as to what else it could be when the symptoms so closely match the "normal". Results pending.

In the last 72 hours or so I've spent 60+ of them either asleep or trying to be asleep. Feel like I've been hit by a truck, not nice at all.

Wednesday evening, healthy.

Thursday morning, not feeling too clever, but just a bit sweaty and feeling uncomfortable.

Thursday evening, soaring temperature, extreme sweating, developing cough.

Friday morning, went for test. more sweating. Even the slightest "exercise" like getting up to go to the loo leaves me short of breath. Can't keep food down - coughing fits are violent enough to bring it back up.

Saturday, pretty much the same. Results came back, negative??? Which was unexpected.

Sunday, feel the same again. Brushed my teeth as usual, except this time no minty taste at all. Been to take a second test, cos I'm confused as to what else it could be when the symptoms so closely match the "normal". Results pending.

In the last 72 hours or so I've spent 60+ of them either asleep or trying to be asleep. Feel like I've been hit by a truck, not nice at all.
Very similar to me, and I also had first negative pcr. You almost certainly have covid. Act accordingly. Rest, take your fever down with regular analgesics, get yourself a pulse oximeter off Amazon, and if you feel very short of breath or scared call 111.

111 will triage you, and send an ambulance if you need examining. The ambulance in turn will take you in if they think you need treatment (I did).

Good luck. It’s awful. But it ends. Ask me anything...

Very similar to me, and I also had first negative pcr. You almost certainly have covid. Act accordingly. Rest, take your fever down with regular analgesics, get yourself a pulse oximeter off Amazon, and if you feel very short of breath or scared call 111.

111 will triage you, and send an ambulance if you need examining. The ambulance in turn will take you in if they think you need treatment (I did).

Good luck. It’s awful. But it ends. Ask me anything...

Thanks, much appreciated. On a steady diet of nurofen and paracetamol, and the oximeter is being delivered today (thanks beesonthewhatnow ). Resting pulse is over 100 which is somewhat alarming, given my usual is low 60s.

Thanks, much appreciated. On a steady diet of nurofen and paracetamol, and the oximeter is being delivered today (thanks beesonthewhatnow ). Resting pulse is over 100 which is somewhat alarming, given my usual is low 60s.
Your body is just working a little harder to fight the virus. I usually have a resting heart rate between 50-60 (I’m naturally fit), but when I was unwell it was 80-90 and if I did stairs, 130.

With observations, it’s the whole clinical picture that counts. And the trend. Which is the risk of having people take individual observations (like heart rate and oxygen saturation) at home. That said, oxygen saturation can be a useful thing to know, and act on, in this pandemic.

You do sound quite unwell. I’d want to keep an eye on you. So do feel free to call 111 as required, and check in here for support Zapp Brannigan xx

Your body is just working a little harder to fight the virus. I usually have a resting heart rate between 50-60 (I’m naturally fit), but when I was unwell it was 80-90 and if I did stairs, 130.

With observations, it’s the whole clinical picture that counts. And the trend. Which is the risk of having people take individual observations (like heart rate and oxygen saturation) at home. That said, oxygen saturation can be a useful thing to know, and act on, in this pandemic.

You do sound quite unwell. I’d want to keep an eye on you. So do feel free to call 111 as required, and check in here for support Zapp Brannigan xx

I have my partner here looking after me (limited sympathy but appropriate concern and attention), so we'll be doing hourly pulse, temp and oxygen checks. She's already resigned to catching it from me, and wondering if she's potentially the source - late last week had a mild feeling of unwell which felt like the start of a migraine (headache, slight blurring of vision, extreme lethargy), so it's possible that she too could have had Covid but our bodies have reacted in very different ways.

I feel rough as arses, but nowhere near medical intervention levels just yet. Really do appreciate your advice, concern and best wishes though :)

I have my partner here looking after me (limited sympathy but appropriate concern and attention), so we'll be doing hourly pulse, temp and oxygen checks. She's already resigned to catching it from me, and wondering if she's potentially the source - late last week had a mild feeling of unwell which felt like the start of a migraine (headache, slight blurring of vision, extreme lethargy), so it's possible that she too could have had Covid but our bodies have reacted in very different ways.

I feel rough as arses, but nowhere near medical intervention levels just yet. Really do appreciate your advice, concern and best wishes though :)
Hourly is a bit much. Even on a hospital ward standard obs are four hourly :)

Back
Top Bottom