Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How low can we go - Newcastle united 2019/20

"Younger managers such as Macclesfield’s Sol Campbell must be wondering what they must do to get a chance at a big club"

Try finishing higher than 22nd in league 2 for starters.
That was a sterling effort from Sol tbf, Silkmen looked dead and buried and weren't paying player wages, complete circus, but he squeaked them over the line. Have started OK first two games this season.

That was a sterling effort from Sol tbf, Silkmen looked dead and buried and weren't paying player wages, complete circus, but he squeaked them over the line. Have started OK first two games this season.

Still a long way off coping with the pressures of premier league. I'm not having a dig at Sol btw i wish him the best, it was more Collymores not so clever attempt to suggest that black managers dont get a look in. Sol must have been the first one he could think of when there are better examples, Darren Moore for example, and why not just say it as it is Collymore?

Still a long way off coping with the pressures of premier league. I'm not having a dig at Sol btw i wish him the best, it was more Collymores not so clever attempt to suggest that black managers dont get a look in. Sol must have been the first one he could think of when there are better examples, Darren Moore for example, and why not just say it as it is Collymore?
Plus Campbell's famous enough to get a foot in the door at least, other younger managers worked up from non- and lower leagues will be even further off the radar.

Plus Campbell's famous enough to get a foot in the door at least, other younger managers worked up from non- and lower leagues will be even further off the radar.

He's still got a lot to prove has Sol. Maybe, like you say let's see how he can get on with a fresh season ahead.

Better start than SuperFrank made today anyway :facepalm:

Walked out of Macc already! Apparently wasn't just their players never got paid.

Yeah I saw that earlier. Strange time to leave just as the season gets rolling and they looked quite steady. Is it payment issues that's forced him out?

Yeah I saw that earlier. Strange time to leave just as the season gets rolling and they looked quite steady. Is it payment issues that's forced him out?
So I heard, apparently hasn't been paid since last summer, decided he'd had enough of the circus I suppose.

So I heard, apparently hasn't been paid since last summer, decided he'd had enough of the circus I suppose.

Sad all round.
Sorry for the derail Newcastle fans by the way, but you've all gone very quiet very early in the season:D

Away to Norwich on Saturday.

Lawro has Newcastle predicted as 2-1 winners. The Geordie lads are a clear two places above the Canaries in the table so go into this as clear favourites.

How low can we go - Newcastle united 2019/20

... pretty low ...

47F1057B00000578-5251815-Peter_Beardsley_is_a_Newcastle_United_legend_still_worshipped_by-m-32_1515532055847.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Peter Beardsley banned: Former Newcastle academy coach suspended for racism after calling black players ‘monkeys’

24% first half possession at home is pretty grim but at least you did not concede.

How full is the ground today?

Dragged the possession up to 29% at least.

Point in the bag and out the relegation zone at least. Villa and Wolves below both have a game but are playing away.

Oh good. Another leaked takeover plan - except this lot don’t have any actual Money and the pamphlet is marketing by middleman chancers to see if anyone will bite.

Back
Top Bottom