Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

have you heard the yossarians chip? they're from your way. saw them a few weeks ago and was totally blown away. kind of gypsy folk / psych / punk / noise stuff. for want of a better description. :D

the recordings don't do them justice, but are still good. playing the dry bar on 12th july... http://theyossarians.bandcamp.com/

I checked em out. Sounds like fun. I thought I was at Mogwai tomorrow but apparently not til next week so might go tomorrow if I'm not too knackered.

make some time, they are amazing. best band i've seen this year, and i've seen some fucking good bands. they're supporting rather than headlining too, so you can leave early if you're tired...

Might see Kurt Vile later in the year as a xmas treat:

December
11 – Shepherds Bush Empire – London - Tickets
13 – Brudenell Social Club – Leeds - Tickets
14 – Academy 2 – Manchester - Tickets
15 – Arches – Glasgow - Tickets
16 – The Fleece – Bristol - Tickets
17 – Concorde 2 – Brighton - Tickets

Wel, I was a bit pissed.

I've not seen em yet but mates have been going on about em so I'm looking forward to it. Lots of people I know seem to know at least one of the band....assume you do too?

yeah, known a load of them for years, they're mainly middle aged Preston pissheads. :D

Fucking great band though. Theres a load of other offshoot bands which are all great too.

Mogwai peforming Zidane at Manchester International Festival

Went last night. Great show spoilt by cunts shouting 'Zidane' at seemingly random moments throughout the set. The band look as peplexed as the majority of the audience. Also some other cunts who'd gone out for a chat. When it was loud it was awesome particularly the 'half time' section of the film where it all gets a bit more stream of consciousness stuff rather than football.

Amazing venue. Look forward to seeing other things there when it opens properly next year.

I still have two unwonted mogwai tickets for manc tonight. pm me if anyone wants them

ta x

British Electric Foundation doing a couple of gigs, London and Sheffield, with yer actual Sandie Shaw and all/quite a few of the original collaborators as well.

I need to get a job...

Endless Boogie, Ten Benson, Mugstar, and various members of Evil Blizzard and associated acts doing early 70s Quo covers ( :eek: ), 13th october at the conti in preston. should be awesome...

I was in Glasgow last weekend and went to a benefit gig that had RM Hubbert (i think that's his name), Eugene Kelly, Aiden Moffat, Emma Poolack, Remember Remember plus other for a bargain £6..it was a good night and totally unexpected.

I bought Fuck Buttons tickets the other day who I saw for the first at Glasto.

British Electric Foundation doing a couple of gigs, London and Sheffield, with yer actual Sandie Shaw and all/quite a few of the original collaborators as well.

I need to get a job...

I've heard really good things about this. (Saw Heaven 17 at a festival last weekend and they were only so-so though...)

Back
Top Bottom