Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

I am going watching Caitlin Rose in September. I quite like her music but its also because she will probably see me in the audience and then I will be her boyfriend.

Bo Ningen and Savages on Wednesday doing some form of one-off joint performance. I don't know anything much about either of them tbh but my mate has tickets so giving it a go.

Bo ningen are the best band in the country atm. Savages are a bit meh. You should be right.

Well it was interesting. Forty minutes long and including some awesome noise bits, especially when the two drummers really got going, and the most dreadful pretentious shite I've seen in my entire life.

:D tbh my favourite music is always on that incredibly delicate border between pretension and genius. I'll blame savages for it being shite though, bo ningen are 100% amazing... ;)

:D tbh my favourite music is always on that incredibly delicate border between pretension and genius. I'll blame savages for it being shite though, bo ningen are 100% amazing... ;)

Yeah I have a lot of time for really po-faced musicians who take themselves very seriously, but this was way over the line at times. The first ten minutes was whispered poetry in french and Japanese at the same time - 'tout...(dramatic pause)...violence!!.':D:facepalm:

They played Offline not that ling ago.

atomic-suplex-albert-nov-2011-03.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/blog/white-hot-brixton-rock-and-roll-atomic-suplex-at-the-offline-club/

But coming up this Friday - oh my oh my!

fat-white-family-brixtonx.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/offline/fat-white-family-brixton.html

Went to see 'dizraeli and the small gods' again last night. The gigs are totally bouncing their superb 2 cds don't do justice to what they actually do! Bellatrix rocks the beat box!

How was it? I had a ticket but couldn't make it in the end as my partner was ill and I had to look after the kids. Boo!

It was pretty good. No so sure the venue suited them. Pink Eyes (Damien) was on form, played a mixture of stuff from David, Hidden World, Chemistry as well as one or was it two new songs. Highlight for me was Police and Two Snakes. Good speech about the Woolwich murder and appeal to stay united. Was very packed.

Titus andronicus we're okay too.

Back
Top Bottom