Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Dizraeli and The Small Gods Brum 02 on May 29th which is a rescheduled show. I saw them in Bristol in March but it was a boozy night so missed a fair bit of them and tickets are only £9. Also gave BF a ticket for his birthday who hasn't seen them.

Bought tickets this morning for Temples and Charlie Boyer and The Voyeurs for Hare & Hounds in Brum on June 19th. I will admit to not knowingly know who Temples are. I bought the tickets for the bargain price of £7.75 for Charlie Boyer and The Voyeurs who I saw support TOY last year.

Los Explosivos (Mexico City) + Fat White Family (Brixton) playing at Brixton Windmill, Monday June 10th... Explosivos only in the UK for a small number of dates!

I thought George Clinton was awful when I saw him. No songs I recognised, just one long, interminable jam. Really really disappointing. I actually left before the end it was that bad.

I left before he even came on stage :rolleyes: It was already one long interminable jam, I had been standing at the front for three hours and was bored shitless. Occasionally yet another band member would wander on, to wild applause, and then join in with the noodling. Biggest waste of gig money ever.

Just got a ticket to see "Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion" at the Brudenell in Leeds. I'm interested to see if he's as grumpy an old fucker as I think he is.

I would gladly pay £32 to get out of seeing George Clinton ever again.

I am going to see Helm, Fennesz and William Basinski in a church soon though http://stjohnsessions.co.uk/

And shall be seeing The Residents (might be good, might be crap) on saturday with a certain Mr Dubversion, formerly of this parish.

I thought George Clinton was awful when I saw him. No songs I recognised, just one long, interminable jam. Really really disappointing. I actually left before the end it was that bad.
I would gladly pay £32 to get out of seeing George Clinton ever again.
surprised by this - they absolutely smashed jazz cafe last year, all the classics, band super tight, three drummers on rotation, 20 musicians on that little stage, crowd danced their arses off, one of the best gigs ive ever had the pleasure of being at.

I know that on occasion they turn up early and just jam for a while before the show proper starts, likewise the show will finish and the band come back on and jam (which happened when i went), but not heard of that happening at the expense of the show proper.

Ms Invita caught them in the 90s and ended up dancing on stage and has similarly brilliant memories.

that's what you'd expect to pay for funkadelic isn't it? it's not 1985 anymore, prices do go up for this stuff...
the band and entourage is so huge that that is well worth it - the jazz cafe gig had to have been a loss making thing for the band, break even at best - its a pretty small venue and once youve paid for hotels and expenses of the huge band and family i cant see ti covering the costs. Though George must be loaded from samples alone so it doesnt really make much difference to him

i think in their heyday they were all so high that the shows would run and run, start early and finish late - theyd effectively do their own support as a jam, and run on with a jam afterwards for those who were still feeling it. I think theyve kept this up as a tradition. i'd bet that after you and May K left the show kicked off as normal...the whole thing for them is more like a live-funk-rave than a gig and i think they often get a late license to be able to play on till they're done.

And Pissed Jeans have dates in Leeds (4/7) and London (5/7) They better organise more because I already have tickets for Massive Attack/Adam Curtis on the 4th:mad:

Fucking get in! Got my Massive Attack tickets swapped so I can go to Pissed Jeans:cool::)

Off to see Thunder, Whitesnake and Journey on Thursday in Manchester. Hoping Journey are on last so I can make an early dash for the curry mile after Whitesnake

808 STATE at Coronet 21th June :)

plus
MIKE PICKERING
GRAEME PARK
DANNYRAMPLING
ALLISTER WHITEHEAD
JON DA SILVA
JUSTINROBERTSON
PETER HOOK – DJ set
K KLASS
BOBBY LANGLEY
SUPER WHITE ASSASSIN – Live
PETER HOOK & THE LIGHT – Live “New Order Electronic Set”

Not been to Coronet wound what club like?
808State.jpg

Edit; got my ticket bank with have to wait for their money.

808 STATE at Coronet 21th June :)

plus
MIKE PICKERING
GRAEME PARK
DANNYRAMPLING
ALLISTER WHITEHEAD
JON DA SILVA
JUSTINROBERTSON
PETER HOOK – DJ set
K KLASS
BOBBY LANGLEY
SUPER WHITE ASSASSIN – Live
PETER HOOK & THE LIGHT – Live “New Order Electronic Set”

Not been to Coronet wound what club like?

View attachment 32847

Just finished reading Peter Hook's book about the Hacienda and am now massively tempted to go to this :hmm: I will try and resist as I should save my pennies for Glastonbury.

Saw Georgie Fame last night - absolutely fucking brilliant! In fine voice and tickling the ivories on that Hammond like a demon. :cool:

I've got tickets for Urban Voodoo Machine Friday night and Handsome Family Saturday night, Both at Hebden Bridge Trades. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom