Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

will marshall allen be worth checking out Fozzie Bear ? he's playing at my local on the same tour, but i'm slightly put off by his hippie traveling companion...

I ended up going both nights - it was pretty great. The first night with Mr Gong was quite fun, the film they showed was pretty wacky. There was a small amount of what can only be described as Beat Poetry :eek: but it seemed to fit quite well.

2nd night was "deeper" and had some amazing moments, but went on a tad too long for me (possibly because I went to both nights!)

Well worth it though.

Nobunny at Brixton Windmill on April 21st. with support from urban 75's no 1 favouite band Atomic Suplex

110708_no_bunny_047.jpg

I ended up going both nights - it was pretty great. The first night with Mr Gong was quite fun, the film they showed was pretty wacky. There was a small amount of what can only be described as Beat Poetry :eek: but it seemed to fit quite well.

2nd night was "deeper" and had some amazing moments, but went on a tad too long for me (possibly because I went to both nights!)

Well worth it though.
I think a date clash is going to make me miss it. :(

The date clash is with Swans though, so its not all bad...

ska invita

did you go to African Head Charge?
nah, i didnt get anywhere this easter, but i do feel as close to human as ive felt all year... exhaustion has been kicking in and got some much needed rest...really need some spring sunshine now...also was hit with winter gas and electric bill which cleared me out, so having to make my own fun for a bit.

I'm actually going to a gig this weekend. They come very few and far between these days due to poverty. Me and the fella were meant to be going but the day after I got the tix he got a fucking gig booked on him :mad:

So instead I'm going to play out in Hebden Bridge with 3 of his former band-mates instead :D System 7 here we come!!

I have tickets for Pere Ubu though I have never knowingly heard anything bu them. BF is going and after reading about them I thought I'd say yes to a ticket too..:) will listen to something before April 21st.

Young Marble Giants are playing at the Union Chapel, Sept 29th.
Pigbag are playing at the Brudenell in Leeds on 13th July.

just got a ticket to see the national in paris in november
it'll sink in properly after another coffee :)

caturday edit: also going to manchester, and london (twice). thanks to my friends for sorting me out pre-payday on some of that.

and i've got mogwai in july and nick cave in october.

steve mason was absolutely ASTOUNDING in manchester on wednesday fwiw - he's got my gig mojo going again :)

good as it will be, i went fairly recently and it was just so rammed it was a bit tricky to enjoy the main room. not a bad club though
went to the Exit REcords Brithday at Fire last night, dream lineup, was looking forward to it and missioned it out on a tired Friday night - got inside and the venue was sold out way over capacity, zero room to dance, a complete scrum in every room, claustrophobic and dangerous, the girls i was with squashed even worse, toilets forget it, pity the poor guy i head saying "oh shit im coming up hard" in what was basically a kettle.

i left before 2am pissed off and angry. If this is what passes as clubbing today then fuck it i want no part of it. Based on what you say Im going to give this SubDub thing a miss too (littleseb)...not going through that again. I know The_Reverend_M was there last night too, wonder what he made of it.

had the same problem at aphex twin at the warehouse project last year. way oversold, no-one could enjoy it (also got groped, which was a bit :eek: ).

shame, 'cause the venue was incredible. few hundred less people and it'd have been class.

went to the Exit REcords Brithday at Fire last night, dream lineup, was looking forward to it and missioned it out on a tried Friday night - got inside and the venue was sold out way over capacity, zero room to dance, a complete scrum in every room, claustrophobic and dangerous, the girls i was with squashed even worse, toilets forget it, pity their poor guy i head saying "oh shit im coming up hard" in what was basically a kettle.

i left before 2am pissed off and angry. If this is what passes as clubbing today then fuck it i want no part of it. Based on what you say Im going to give this SubDub thing a miss too (littleseb)...not going through that again. I know The_Reverend_M was there last night too, wonder what he made of it.
Oh it wasn't as bad as that at subdub, it didn't feel oversold just busy! And I like a bit more space for that kind of thing

Oh it wasn't as bad as that at subdub, it didn't feel oversold just busy! And I like a bit more space for that kind of thing
im feeling a bit traumatised by it, so even busy is too busy....people eh? too many of them if you ask me
ive been to subdub at cable once before and i now i think back it was only because i was feeling strong that i put up with occasionally having to push people out of my space and even having a go at a couple of pogoing hipsters falling all over the place. queued up for an hour outside as well to get in. fuck it, not worth the money and energy.

And the second room was really good and had plenty of room, it was just the main room that was packed
yeah but the sound is nothing compared to the main room....which is often a problem as it forces everyone into the main room. Had that at Jamm for Twinkle Brothers - the capacity of the whole venue squashing into room 1.
Yesterday at Fire was packed in every corner, every room, every corridor and every bar....horrible

enough moaning :)

went to the Exit REcords Brithday at Fire last night, dream lineup, was looking forward to it and missioned it out on a tired Friday night - got inside and the venue was sold out way over capacity, zero room to dance, a complete scrum in every room, claustrophobic and dangerous, the girls i was with squashed even worse, toilets forget it, pity the poor guy i head saying "oh shit im coming up hard" in what was basically a kettle.

hmmm, shame really. i'll be there if you change your mind.....have a think, we'll have a laugh!

You said it, mate! Utterly ridiculous! There's been a LOT of complaining on the Facebook event page and to D-Bridge himself - hope Exit learn to NEVER work with Basslaced again!

I got in the venue about 11:30pm and the main room was already nearing capacity - moved on to room 2, which was fine for Amit, though getting busier and busier. Then the mainroom for d-bridge - oh my... so ram-jammed we ended up dancing in the adjoining bar! Same thing for Bad Company - found it bit weird and frustrating knowing the DJs were actually in the room next door but the soundsystem in the bar was decent enough and you had SPACE! Went outside for some air only to find that when trying to get back in one entrance was approaching a lethal crush situation and the other security were saying is exit only...! Eventually they let us back in this way. I can only assume after all the crushing some people went home as by 4am you had a bit of space to dance again - well in room 2 anyway, didn't actually dance in the main room till Marcus Intalex at 5am! Near the end of his set the MC announced the after party would now be free and carry on in the main room (refunds available for those that had bought tix) - some consolation at least for an arse-ache of a night! Me mates weren't up for staying much longer though. Oh well.

ska - sorry I didn't get back to your calls - signal in there was a bitch!

Back
Top Bottom