Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

484963_10151542761553688_486466716_n.jpg

will marshall allen be worth checking out Fozzie Bear ? he's playing at my local on the same tour, but i'm slightly put off by his hippie traveling companion...

The Gong bloke? We have two nights in London and I have tried to specify the non-Gong one. But my mate can only make the Gong night... :mad:

I've not seen Allen before but have had good reports and I think it's worth checking these old dudes if you can see them in small spaces. I saw Roscoe Mitchell from art ensemble of chicago last month and he was flippin' great.

Mogwai peforming Zidane at Manchester International Festival
same.
might be going alonesome, so have sorted out gigcompany, but may well put out a 'urbanites! pint?' request closer to the time.
going on the saturday. can't fucking wait :)

We're going on the Friday. I've got tickets for me and the teenager. Gutted I never got one of the £12 tickets for my youngest though:facepalm:

I saw 'Dizraeli & The Small Gods' in Bristol on Saturday who were amazing. I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder so stood at the back as I was scared to be bumped into and oh my god the talking...:mad:...though my mates said it wasn't much better near the front.

I have decided to go back and see them in Brum on May 29th for a bargain £9.

An afternoon with Steve Hillage, Miquette Giraudy and the Mirror System - Sunday 7th April - Hebden Bridge Trades Club.
Steve will do a mini guitar masterclass followed Miquette joining him onstage and they will then perform some of the album Rainbow Dome Musick, their 70s chillout classic before morphing into Mirror System their current chillout project along with visuals....
This is an exclusive live gig which Steve and Miquette have agreed to do to raise funds for the Trades...tickets are literally flying out tho so grab em while you can..

I've got a die antwoord ticket for london, a destroyers ticket for me birthday in brighton, and I'm debating buying a modeselektor ticket for london in may......

Too much on at the moment!

london-flyer-include-sp23-gallery-page.jpg
flyer-back-web.jpg

'In the early 90s, members of SP23 were all working with the Spiral Tribe Sound System. A creative collective that openly aligned itself with the free party and free festival movements. At the core of the free music scene were values of sharing, openness and inclusion. Values that should have a place in society, but in a country ruled by the ideologies of Thatcherite privatisation, they were not to be tolerated. After a year of organising events in remote locations, the Spiral Tribe Sound System learnt this the hard way.

As opposition from the authorities grew to the free festival and free party movement, members of Spiral Tribe began thinking of leaving the country. Though key figures within the group had been arrested and bailed (for allegedly organising the famous Castlemorton Common free festival) the sound system (and a mobile recording studio) managed to escape to Europe in a convoy of matt black military vehicles...

Nine of the original Spirals, now work independently as successful producers, artists and/or performers. But they still work together – under the name SP23. 23 years ago SP23 began a nomadic journey with the Spiral Tribe Sound System, operating strictly underground. Today, as an international creative collective and pioneers of live electronic dance music, SP23 play regularly to packed venues across Europe. This April, the full SP23 crew will be returning to the UK for one London date'
http://sp23.org/

Back
Top Bottom