Hot upcoming gigs

Eels announced For next march.

March 14, 2013 Belfast, Ireland Limelight
March 15, 2013 Dublin, Ireland Olympia
March 17, 2013 Manchester, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 18, 2013 Glasgow, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 19, 2013 Leeds, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 21, 2013 London, United Kingdom

Spare room if you fancy a long journey...
Cheers mate. Might take you up on that if they're not on anywhere within a hundred miles of me. God I'd fucking love it if they played The Acorn down here again but wouldn't be surprised if they did Exeter again as they went down so well there. Christ I'm so fucking excited by this. :D Is it public knowledge yet? There's nowt on the Beefheart Upsifter about it yet.

Off to see White Noise bloke David Vorhaus next week - the maker of the original bad trip LP. Must give the LP a spin so I can hum along..

Eels announced For next march.

March 14, 2013 Belfast, Ireland Limelight
March 15, 2013 Dublin, Ireland Olympia
March 17, 2013 Manchester, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 18, 2013 Glasgow, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 19, 2013 Leeds, United Kingdom O2 Academy
March 21, 2013 London, United Kingdom
UEA too on the 26th, I'll be going to that one.

Just booked tickets for AlunaGeorge on 19th Feb :) Couldn't go originally as it was on the 20th and my friend is making me go and see the Deftones that night, but noticed today that they'd moved it back so now I am going, yay.

seeformiles said:
Cool! Saw them twice last year - hope they fit in Leeds..

Playing The Band On The Wall in Manchester the night after, now, too. I really hope this is a decent length tour with a date or two down this end.

kraftwerk, tate modern, february 4th-16th...

http://thequietus.com/articles/10897-kraftwerk-tate-modern

Wed 6 - Autobahn (1974)
Thu 7 - Radio-Activity (1975)
Fri 8 - Trans Europe Express (1977)
Sat 9 - The Man-Machine (1978)
Mon 11 - Computer World (1981)
Tue 12 - Techno Pop (1986)
Wed 13 - The Mix (1991)
Thu 14 - Tour de France (2003)
my first thought - WOW!

my second - sixty quid a ticket, to hear music played in a concrete box absolutely not designed for music? If anyone could pull it off, it's Kraftwerk, but still

As mentioned elsewhere, the laibach gig there in the spring was very well recieved. Don't think there's much chance of actually going, although I'd dearly love to do the computer world show.

I saw earlier that The Magic Band are playing in Edinburgh and my heart sank, thinking they're just playing the North and an expensive journey lay ahead. But their facebook page has given me more hope:

As some of you will have seen, the tour is definitely on! We haven't posted the finalised dates and venues yet, as we are just waiting for some final confirmations to come in, but we can promise you that we will be covering the South through to the North.

15946_404807559589349_2055276693_n.jpg

@NVP magic band, 6th march in preston. Presume elsewhere around then too...
Playing Bristol a couple of nights before so I'll try not to have ruined it for you by posting setlists, raving incoherently, saying I FUCKING MET THEM AGAIN etc too much.
From facebook:
March, 2013
Friday 01- Brighton, Concorde 2
Saturday 02 - Colchester, Arts Center
Sunday 03 - OFF
Monday 04- Bristol, Fleece
Tuesday 05- Wolverhampton (Bilston), Robin 2
Wednesday 06- Preston, Continental
Thursday 07- Manchester, Band on the Wall
Friday 08 - OFF
Saturday 09- Glasgow, The Arches
Sunday 10- Edinburgh, Picture House
Monday 11 - TBA
Tuesday 12 - TBA
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday 14- York, The Duchess
Friday 15- Reading, Sub89
Saturday 16- London, Under The Bridge
Cool! Saw them twice last year - hope they fit in Leeds..
York near enough for you? :)

Oh, the ERC/ Maxine peake are doing their 1612 overture thing in the Harris library in Preston on Sunday coming. Should be awesome.

Playing Bristol a couple of nights before so I'll try not to have ruined it for you by posting setlists, raving incoherently, saying I FUCKING MET THEM AGAIN etc too much.
From facebook:

York near enough for you? :)
Apparently they will be playing the Brudenell as well

Back
Top Bottom