Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

how was it? saw the gig in London earlier in the year and enjoyed it a lot, but the venue/sound wasnt the best (that Hackney church whatever it is)
I thought they were excellent, although it's a shame that not many people turned up. they played most of the "Dub me tender" album (which is full of classic rhythms) and some cheeky cover versions like "the lunatics have taken over the asylum"....

^At The Ritz
indeed! it's been a great year for golden oldies so far - Henry Rollins, Lee Perry, Lydia Lunch, The Magic Band (twice), PIL, Damo Suzuki, Patti Smith and a few others who have all been brilliant, so I hope John Cale continues the trend....

I thought they were excellent, although it's a shame that not many people turned up. they played most of the "Dub me tender" album (which is full of classic rhythms) and some cheeky cover versions like "the lunatics have taken over the asylum"....
i bought a copy of this...nice anecdote...i was looking for some Dub Collosus on vinyl and this album was the only thing that came up...i bought a copy over discogs, and after some email exchanges with the vendor about paypal we got to talking and he told me that he pressed the vinyl himself as the record company didnt think it would pay off...they went all out, coloured heavy weight vinyl, top mastering, etc. Real labour of love, most likely a loss-maker,

On top of all that it turns out 'Dubula' (who runs the project) lives near my work, so he dropped it off personally to save on postage! Nice project, lovely people, deserve support...

On top of all that it turns out 'Dubula' (who runs the project) lives near my work, so he dropped it off personally to save on postage! Nice project, lovely people, deserve support...
nice one (I regularly buy stuff on discogs too) - it looks like they've sold out of "Dub Me Tender vol 2" on vinyl and only have a few copies left of volume 1. hope they made some money on the night, despite the low turnout - I'd certainly see them again....

nice one (I regularly buy stuff on discogs too) - it looks like they've sold out of "Dub Me Tender vol 2" on vinyl and only have a few copies left of volume 1. hope they made some money on the night, despite the low turnout - I'd certainly see them again....
thats a good sign...glad its selling. Didnt realise Vol2 was out yet!...

ETA: are you sure it was released? not on discogs http://www.discogs.com/artist/Dub+Colossus

There'll be another time :)

Just been listening to METZ, who are playing Manchester Kraak gallery on 23/10. £5 in sounds like a bargain.

Again....
548602_322133944551501_929819521_n.jpg

I saw Ultravox last night.
Excellent.
Mr Ure seems to have lost some of his very high notes, but God, he can still belt it out. The atmosphere was brill, too.

Going to see Field Music on Friday however just heard new album and I don't like it..:eek::(

Have RDF on 19th October and Toy on October 20th.

I'm off to see the BBC Philharmonic playing Mozart and Mahler at Bridgewater Hall on Friday followed by Oneohtrix Point Never at the Islington Mill on Saturday....

This month:

23rd Metz at Kraak
27th Alt J at RNCM
28th Toy at Ruby Lounge

tempted to go to Bo Ningen but I'm a bit skint really.

Cool we will have to discuss it! To be honest I had never heard of them before my mates decided to get em to come and play in Bristol, but looking at their stuff on your tube-I got quite excited! They remind me of a cross between Spearhead and Outcast.

I think the poster for the Bristol gig is much better:p

Back
Top Bottom