Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Pulp at Sheffield Arena on December 8th.

Missed the pre-sale tho, which meants there were only fairly crap seats available, hey ho

method man didn't show. i was chatting to a couple of people in the temple on saturday who'd just come from there. think they still enjoyed it though.

Aye that rings a bell now. Also something about getting a woman from the audience to sing?

Always fancied going to Tramlines myself, some great stuff on considering it's all free.

Only a few planned so far:

School Of Seven Bells, this Friday
Field Music, October
Easy All Stars, November
Orbital, December

I'm sure I will add a few more to the list. Going to Moseley Folk on the Saturday in Brum in September too.

Yeehaa! A gig! I'm going to a fucking gig that isn't the fella's band! :D Only with the financial help of a mate but hey, he owes me a few tickets.

Low Anthem, tonight, at the Kazimier in Liverpool. Oh holy joy. Now, where's the speaker button on me phone...?

Had a good moment when towards the end they started letting out some filthy distorted chainsaw noises and I lept up and said, alright! "one of their catchy ones." ;)

so am thinking of getting the train down to Hamburg for Social Distortion on the 14th as I am on holiday that week. They aren't playing Copenhagen, only Århus and I have never been to Hamburg so....

Christ... Weren't you just saying that music is rubbish these days?

If nightwish is what you're listening to, I wholeheartedly agree. :p

a mate of mine seems to be single handedly keeping john peel day alive - gigs in manchester & preston in october:

27th October, night & day:

Un-Peeled is a special series of events in Preston and Manchester to celebrate John Peel Day, exclusively featuring artists who recorded radio sessions for the legendary BBC DJ, either in their current or previous incarnations.

This all-day show, across two venues in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, Night and Day Cafe and Gulliver's, has a stellar line-up representing over 80 Peel sessions, including many artists Peel and his producer John Walters asked back to record time after time. Acts appearing include
:

Emma Pollock (The Delgados) – full band set, The Blue Orchids, The Groundhogs, Stuart Moxham (Young Marble Giants), The Telescopes, Yeah Yeah Noh, Inca Babies, The Wolfhounds, Jez Kerr and the Family Bizarre (A Certain Ratio, The Fall), Dave Jackson and The Cathedral Mountaineers (The Room, Benny Profane), Pink Peg Slax, Anthroprophh/Big Naturals (The Heads), John Hyatt (The Three Johns), The Bent Moustache (Donkey, Dandelion Adventure), Nights on Mars (The Three Johns), Vincent Black Lightning (Notsensibles) and Baboon (Cornershop, Blank Students).

Also playing: The Strange, Tom Hyatt and One Unique Silence

Michael Fenton from BBC Radio Lancashire’s magnificent ‘On The Wire’ programme,www.otwradio.blogspot.co.uk, will DJ roots reggae, dub, African and classic R’n’B in-between acts.

and in preston (at the continental), four further nights:

14th october - nightingales, the lovely eggs, ted chippington
20th october - june brides, bearsuit, sarandon, great leap forward, bent moustache
26th october - the stupids, the cravats, HDQ
28th october - martin carthy, alasdair roberts, of arrowe hill

not so hot but im going to see the whitest boy alive soon in the hope that it will fill erland oyes pockets with cash that he will invest in a new kings of convenience album/tour.

was considering: calexico, beak> and diane cluck too but unsure. hmmm.

not so hot but im going to see the whitest boy alive soon in the hope that it will fill erland oyes pockets with cash that he will invest in a new kings of convenience album/tour.

was considering: calexico, beak> and diane cluck too but unsure. hmmm.

Calexico was one of my favourite shows ever. They really go the extra mile.

Christ... Weren't you just saying that music is rubbish these days?

If nightwish is what you're listening to, I wholeheartedly agree. :p

I never really liked them myself, but they're my gf's favourite band and they put on a great show when we saw them a couple of years ago (except that the sticky floor at the Brixton Academy ripped the tread off of my favourite boots)

Soundcrash presents a celebration of live Jazz in its many variants; from Seun Kuti’s devastatingly infectious Afrobeat to Jazzanova’s love affair with electronica and Matthew Halsall’s deep spiritual jazz. We’re in for a very special evening of music excellence. Join us!

Tickets available here: www.soundcrashmusic.com/seun-kuti-jazzanova

Line up

Seun Kuti & Fela’s Egypt 80 (live)
Jazzanova ft Paul Randolph (live)
Matthew Halsall (live)
Plus very special guests

Friday November 23rd 2012, 8pm-3am
The Forum, London
www.soundcrashmusic.com

Back
Top Bottom