Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

or just nick his specs! right, one more guinness to drink and "one sharp knife" to listen to and then i'll be on my way.

Roadkill said:
Me, Doggy and Jeff are off to see The Oysterband at Blackheath Halls on Friday night.

If they're even half as good as they were at Finchley in February, I'll be well pleased. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well, in the end they were even better. It was full electric gig rather than the sit-down acoustic set they played in Finchley, and the band were on fine form. They are easily the best live band I've seen, with the sole exception of Bob Dylan. :cool: And at the end, I got to shake hands with Alan Prosser and say thanks for a great set, and me and doggy got our picture taken with Chopper.

Superb night. :cool:

Macabre said:
Asian Dub Foundation are on tomorrow at the scala, they still got it ot they past it?

A few mates of mine are going to this. Apparently the original singer/MC is back in the band and this is cause for joy :)

Saw Andy McKee and Tommy Emmanuel last night, and they were superb :)

(i know this is hot upcoming gigs, but i couldnt resist) :D

O2_Arena_seating_48267.jpg

The_Reverend_M said:
The Apples at Cargo tonight :cool:

were the best thing ever.. even though the DJs looked like they'd just escaped from camp x-ray :D

They must have torn the Jazz cafe to shreds.

It truly was IMMENSE!!! :D

Bought both albums for a very reasonable combined price of £14 :cool: (Had previously only had the most recent one downloaded)

sojourner said:
Has anyone else been to see Seasick Steve? And if so, did you get REALLY fucked off with the audience?

nothing that mental, although the legions of beardy men dressed exactly like him was so odd that i think it freaked him out a bit :D

ffs you're from BIRMINGHAM NOT MISSISSIPPI!!!!!!!!1:eek: :(

My friend went to see Devendra Banhart recently and said there were loads of shirted lager blokes in the audience, all shouting stuff like 'fucking hippy!' during his set :confused: Like, surely you must know what someone sounds like to pay £15-odd quid for a ticket to their show? Bizarre.

baldrick said:
nothing that mental, although the legions of beardy men dressed exactly like him was so odd that i think it freaked him out a bit

ffs you're from BIRMINGHAM NOT MISSISSIPPI!!!!!!!!1:eek: :(
I would have been happier with beardy men tbh than this bunch of braying donkeys

Anyway - HMHB - tonight - at BlackPOOOOLL TOWERR!! :D :D :D

May Kasahara said:
My friend went to see Devendra Banhart recently and said there were loads of shirted lager blokes in the audience, all shouting stuff like 'fucking hippy!' during his set :confused: Like, surely you must know what someone sounds like to pay £15-odd quid for a ticket to their show? Bizarre.

Can't believe we managed to start beef at a Banhart gig.

I'm going to fight nu-rave kids at the Klaxons gig at Brixton Academy tonight too :eek:

So I can scorn from back stage

You're right though the dirty K-word doesn't belong on a thread about hot upcoming gigs

Back
Top Bottom