Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Dubversion said:
just found out Broken Family Band are supporting The National next Thursday - so that's a double-whammy pie face and i couldn't miss :cool:
it's next thursday?

jeeeebus. where's the year going to?
*fingers crossed it's not sold out yet. or, if it is, that there's touts*

Quite anoyed I can't make that national gig, they were great at Dour.

I saw Bat For Lashes last night. They seemed a bit nervous or something, or a bit over rehearsed... I dunno. At times it reminded me of watching a school play, complete with fairytale set and costumes and stuff, and at times when they hit their stride it was fantastic. Not sure what to make of it really, but it was enjoyable all the same. :)

May Kasahara said:
Sons and Daughters next month :cool:

Went to this last night - S&D were actually quite boring, but the support band (The Victorian English Gentleman's Club) were fantastic, so it was all worthwhile. Had never really heard of them before, but they were great: loud, drony, yelping space rock :cool:

Asobi Seksu on Wednesday, well looking forward to that.

May Kasahara said:
Went to this last night - S&D were actually quite boring, but the support band (The Victorian English Gentleman's Club) were fantastic, so it was all worthwhile. Had never really heard of them before, but they were great: loud, drony, yelping space rock :cool:

they are great!! first heard them on Lamarr's show, bizarrely. Shame to hear S&D were dull - Pie Face has just really got into them and we were going to try and see them..

I've seen them before and they've been excellent - think it's just that Leicester is not the right place for them. Supporting the Fiery Furnaces at the Scala, they were great; livening up a rather dull night at Primavera in 2005, they were really great; playing in the Charlotte, which as a venue is dead dead deadsky, they didn't really shine. Plus VEGC were just so much better :D

May Kasahara said:

Asobi Seksu on Wednesday, well looking forward to that.

Yeah, Victorian English Gentleman's Club are great live.

Also, check out Screaming Tea Party. Not gigging much at the moment but are supposed to be playing Old Blue Last at the end of the month.

Yeah, I've got the Death Egg EP and really like it. They don't play up here though so I'll just have to be content with that.

Next year
Australian Pink Floyd
14th & 15th April UK London Royal Albert Hall
Tickets on sale today

see site for other date
:D

well, i has national tickets for thursday.

great. woo. etc.
*wills self to get rid of feeling that it's all going to go wrong wrong wrong*

me said:
Asobi Seksu on Wednesday

...were fucking brilliant :) Absolutely awesome show, waves and waves of blasting pop noise in a tiny little room above a pub, playing to an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd. And they seem like such nice people too!

Support band was an outfit called Scanners, who were described by Mr K as being 'really good at being really average' :D They were very tight and put a lot into their performance, but seemed to be suffering from a bit of an identity crisis: their best songs featured lots of feedback and sweet, chiming riffs, alongside a few little folky harmonies that worked really well, but then other times they were playing sub-Killers'-first-album driving synth rock that just did not work for me. We had fun playing spot the influence - each song sounded like a different band, "Oh, this one's the Breeders, now they're the Killers again, ooh, some Pixies here". Their final song was proper wicked though, I hope they do more of that - it was the only thing they played that sounded authentically them, iykwim.

Top night!

Quite a bit of retail therapy went on the other day, it has to be said!-

23/11/2007- Dave Clarke at Tresor in Berlin (this one- http://www.daveclarke.com/)
30/11/2007- The Damned at Kentish Town Forum
02/12/2007- Electric Eel Shock at The Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth (possibly!)
09/12/2007- Frankie Boyle at the Cambridge Theatre in London
13/12/2007- Chas n Dave's Christmas Beano at The Electric Ballroom in Camden (really looking forward to this one)
18/12/2007- EMF (big question marks over this one cos I've STILL not got tickets sorted!)

he's a total cunt apparently. Friend of ours commissioned some work from him for her paper, it was appalling misogynist shit. She got it at the last minute, revised it a bit and he called her a fucking dyke etc etc.

Fits with his TV persona too, strikes me as a nasty piece of work to be honest.

Dubversion said:
he's a total cunt apparently. Friend of ours commissioned some work from him for her paper, it was appalling misogynist shit. She got it at the last minute, revised it a bit and he called her a fucking dyke etc etc.

Fits with his TV persona too, strikes me as a nasty piece of work to be honest.

who, Boyle?

Back
Top Bottom